Sakebee

Calling the 6/27 Beta

"However, with our recent influx of players, we don't have the server capacity to host a lot of beta testers. I'm already working on a solution. As soon as we can host more than 500 players on this environment, then I'll get the gears turning.

Thanks,

Matt " Yeap,we had "500 players" right? ūüôā

5 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2 hours and 20 minutes of login screen, character select and district select, followed by crashes and being kicked out.

Visiting forums and seeing Sakebee, Matt, posting 30 milion topics just for the open beta, commenting even on more of them, making everyone confused.

That's enough.

Cannot imagine you guys would do worse than how you alredy did.

Bye, i guess i will be back when you finally learn how to properly set up at least the login servers, or another company that will buy this poor game once again, or when it shutdown.

Since that time, cya, imma goin to play some beautiful games that doesn't even need a server to play with.

Disgusting and pathetic. 

Toxic as hell. Good riddance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I waiting 3 hours to play but you doing your best, I think.

Thanks L.O

This information should have been in the Beta forum! Why is this in the Social District and not there? Only reason I saw this was I opened the Admin Tracker page. I was finally able to inform my clan mates about what's up.

I was refreshing the beta forum all night and had no idea the beta had already ended.

There should have been updates on Twitter or a dev stream to go with the test to keep us up to date instead of just trying to blindly log in.

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would be helpful to post this here as well,

for the benefit of those "who have little knowledge" about Application Testing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I think some people might be missing the point of this open Beta test.

Yeah, it would have been great if we could have connected to a district and test the game.

So instead, we are stress testing the application layers that allow us to connect to a district.

Login Server - (Application layer)

World Server - (Application layer)

District - (Application layer)

The dev team only ever had more than a handful of testers connecting concurrently on their test servers.

Not 100+ players trying to connect.

So the benefits of today's test is to isolate root cause at the different application layers.

I only connected to the District select screen once after multiple tries.

Once these issues are resolved, they'll have another Beta test where we can test the game.

For those that are expecting a finished product, play the currently released game.

• Like 4

Ok now I am pissed, fuck off.

I dont want to be negative but it seriously feels like time wasted right now. I never got in. 2+ hours of trying. Really disappointed.

Just now, Westford said:

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would be helpful to post this here as well,

for the benefit of those "who have little knowledge" about Application Testing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I think some people might be missing the point of this open Beta test.

Yeah, it would have been great if we could have connected to a district and test the game.

So instead, we are stress testing the application layers that allow us to connect to a district.

Login Server - (Application layer)

World Server - (Application layer)

District - (Application layer)

The dev team only ever had more than a handful of testers connecting concurrently on their test servers.

Not 100+ players trying to connect.

So the benefits of today's test is to isolate root cause at the different application layers.

I only connected to the District select screen once after multiple tries.

Once these issues are resolved, they'll have another Beta test where we can test the game.

For those that are expecting a finished product, play the currently released game.

its not like they could not predict the stress(POP)  from current apb population LOL . You keep saying "expecting a  finished product" , this is not even a beta. This was just beating the bushes.
STOP CALLING THIS STRESS TEST

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

its not like they could not predict the stress(POP)  from current apb population LOL . You keep saying "expecting a  finished product" , this is not even a beta. This was just beating the bushes.

tenor.gif

Exactly, just poor planning management

Edited by Hlebka

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

its not like they could not predict the stress(POP)  from current apb population LOL .

Just because they knew 100s would join doesn't mean that they knew each and every thing that those 100s joining would break.

Edited by MrChan

29 minutes ago, Raynerrrr said:

So imagine! Asylum and social are the only districts finished! It took years to finish these two, imagine how much we have to wait for Financial and Waterfront.

The reason they picked these two maps are because they are the most complete and perform the best out of all of them.  How many times must this be explained to you?  It's not like they're just working on them one at a time and can't move on until a district is complete and final.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HerpDerpito said:

Thanks for the wasted 2 hours of spamming the login button. 10 out of 10,didnt even keep the servers for the promised time. 

So I just want to get this out of the way. They did not 'promise' you anything. They stated they would host it during a time frame. Its a beta test and issues arose during said testing. Get off your high horse.

Imagine being told you had to work from 9am to 5am and being told to go home at 1pm because it wasn't a busy day. You wouldn't react the same way would you? You're acting like a kid that had a lolipop ripped from it's mouth. Show some maturity.

25 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2 hours and 20 minutes of login screen, character select and district select, followed by crashes and being kicked out.

Visiting forums and seeing Sakebee, Matt, posting 30 milion topics just for the open beta, commenting even on more of them, making everyone confused.

That's enough.

Cannot imagine you guys would do worse than how you alredy did.

Bye, i guess i will be back when you finally learn how to properly set up at least the login servers, or another company that will buy this poor game once again, or when it shutdown.

Since that time, cya, imma goin to play some beautiful games that doesn't even need a server to play with.

Disgusting and pathetic. 

Since my previous message was too harsh for mods liking despite it being told in the same way as quoted person I'm just gonna say...

I disagree.

Just now, MrChan said:

Just because they knew 100s would join doesn't mean that they knew each and every thing that those 100s joining would break.

Right.
If that was the case current APB would face the same issue , but its not. You cannot tell me that they did not anticipate it from current APB build LOL. Please I like to hear more bs.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

tenor.gif

"predict the stress(POP)"

I'm sure they did.

Based on a UE 3.0 config (32bit server & 32bit Client)

Guess What ?

It Didn't Work.

But why didn't it work for a UE 3.5 (64bit server & 64bit Client) ?

Perhaps it had something to do with a completely different application ?

Ya think ?

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford

When we had the streamers beta Matt said the new engine was coming within WEEKS not MONTHS, he will always repeat the same thing. its clear for me that apb will not get an engine update, we didint even seen the districts yet

• Like 1

Just now, Hypothesis said:

Right.
If that was the case current APB would face the same issue , but its not. You cannot tell me that they did not anticipate it from current APB build LOL. Please I like to hear more bs.

The current release of APB and Engine Update Beta of APB don't have the same code or Game Engine you utter, utter tool. Of course things are going to pop up in Beta that don't exist under the same conditions in release.

Jesus Christ, how can you be this stupid?

Just now, Westford said:

"predict the stress(POP)"

I'm sure they did.

Based on a UE 3.0 config (32bit server & 32bit Client)

Guess What ?

I Didn't Work.

But why didn't it work for a UE 3.5 (64bit server & 64bit Client) ?

Perhaps it had something to do with a completely different application ?

Ya think ?

giphy.gif

This would make sense if you implying a performance issue. Its not more bs, keep them coming 
giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

This would make sense if you implying a performance issue. Its not more bs, keep them coming 
giphy.gif

You really have know idea.

Seriously, there is no cure for you my friend.

Either you understand Application Testing or you don't.

Not everyone does, give yourself a break.

giphy.gif

Oh, and by the way, Performance Testing is not the same as Stress Testing, is not the same as Unit Testing is not the same as System Testing.

Edited by Westford

Posted (edited)

Out of all the betas I tested in other games this was the worse one out there. Just the way they handled it as well how short it was... I did manage to play for 30 mins though so I aint that mad just worried now with the engine upgrade since it did ran worse for me. Sad thing is I couldn't change settings since requires a client reboot... (Why is this even still a thing in 2020...?)

Edited by El-Neko

Remember how we all kept saying the engine upgrade has to run better than live well guess what it doesn't in fact it ran worse. How are you going to have a game from 2010 run worse than MW2019 seriously what were you even working on other than lighting and visuals.   

Posted (edited)

Rip APB 2010-2020 -  2020 will be the end of apb as we know it, from here on out i don't think it will recover fully you see a decline in N.A you see Australian players that wanting to play but can't due to it being so laggy - i know covid19 was the last straw for APB but i do hope i'm wrong. I've played this game since real time worlds - it had it's ups and down new owners 1 that couldn't be bothered to update or patch the game and promised the engine would be here - 2013 came nothing 2015 came still nothing - Little orbit brought APB reloaded - 2018 - started patching the game it got more players, covid19 came, APB reloaded got more players to the point where we were seeing 1000+ population on Eu per day, i felt that this game was on the up and didn't want this game to die - as the covid19 lock down were easing you started to see a decline in APB reloaded players - from 1000+ to just under 400 population, it's when i say it won't recover because you start seeing a pattern and it's a ugly pattern at that. as i said before i do hope this game fully recovers from the terror the blight and the curse maybe one day just one day APB reloaded will shine once again, like it did back in real time worlds days. but for now 2020 is the finale straw - this is the year that makes APB reloaded make or break. sorry for the long story but just my thoughts 

Edited by Golderlight123
  • Like 2