Can i use overtone to instead of vivox voice for ingame mic? Since i can't really find vivox voice anywhere and overtone is pretty much from vivox itself.

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

On 6/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, randomguy343 said:

Can i use overtone to instead of vivox voice for ingame mic? Since i can't really find vivox voice anywhere and overtone is pretty much from vivox itself.

In the live version Vivox has been deactivated because it used an ultra dated version, so at the moment there is no way to communicate vocally in the game.

2 hours ago, Kast2 said:

In the live version Vivox has been deactivated because it used an ultra dated version, so at the moment there is no way to communicate vocally in the game.

i just heard people a few days ago though?

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

i just heard people a few days ago though?

Ey ey ey yo get outta here, is a old death theme.

Just uninstall vivox in every game that uses it. It is complete trash.

• Thanks 1

Open windows volume mixer.  Set VIVOX to max volume and APB to 10% or less and you will hear everything in VOIP.  And yes VIVOX is in there u just have to scroll over to it in the windows volume mixer with the little bar on the bottom of window

This should have been fixed 10 years ago but hey what ya gonna do

Edited by DOUBLEY
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DOUBLEY said:

Open windows volume mixer.  Set VIVOX to max volume and APB to 10% or less and you will hear everything in VOIP.  And yes VIVOX is in there u just have to scroll over to it in the windows volume mixer with the little bar on the bottom of window

This should have been fixed 10 years ago but hey what ya gonna do

err isn't vivox no longer in the game...for more than a few years now?

edit: i can't read

Edited by Aeronaut

15 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just uninstall vivox in every game that uses it. It is complete trash.

Vivox is definitely not complete trash, the outdated version in APB was complete trash. Vivox integration in newest games is pretty good.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, Aeronaut said:

err isn't vivox no longer in the game...for more than a few years now?

edit: i can't read

Didn't work for a couple months not to long ago but its there like it always has been

On 7/1/2020 at 8:28 PM, Kast2 said:

3 hours ago, DOUBLEY said:

BUMP

VOIP is out again please fix

Voip has worked off and on the last year or so. If it's down again it doesnt surprise me though i know it worked a week or so ago when i was playing and some people were using it.

I'd be glad to see it fixed, too. But I guess it's not that high priorioty right now 😞

VOIP has been so neglected for over 10 years in this game i don't expect them to care to much about it now.  They worked on it last time it was down i'll give'em that

Nobody uses voip on EU(poor english for most people probably main reason)If you want to talk with ur friend/s actually no need for vivox,discord,skype,teamspeak or any other external program.You can do it on steam(if u run the game on it ofc)U can always create free group and invite them even with free account(or inv as friends but for that you need to spend at least 5 bux on the account)The quality of this communication is good even with my mic for 10-20 bux i can talk clearly plus u can boost ur mic and test it

p.s. or u can join already existin apb groups on steam

On 3/9/2021 at 2:13 PM, DOUBLEY said:

BUMP

VOIP is out again please fix

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are aware of the issues players have been having with voice chat. We are having issues with Vivox for both console and PC at the moment, but we are looking into possible solutions. Thank you for your patience.

hey Sakebee, you can leave the volume of the Voip separate from the volume of the game, to hear a person on Voip I have to put the maximum volume of the apb ... this is a serious problem because the volume of the game is very high.

19 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are aware of the issues players have been having with voice chat. We are having issues with Vivox for both console and PC at the moment, but we are looking into possible solutions. Thank you for your patience.

i've got one: get rid of it. vivox sucks and always been.

your own solution will always be better

26 minutes ago, kidi said:

i've got one: get rid of it. vivox sucks and always been.

your own solution will always be better

not a great idea in a game that requires teamwork, and vivox can work perfectly tbh, i have to assume we're currently just stuck with a very outdated version that's built into the current engine

On 3/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, Didi0s said:

hey Sakebee, you can leave the volume of the Voip separate from the volume of the game, to hear a person on Voip I have to put the maximum volume of the apb ... this is a serious problem because the volume of the game is very high.

If you go into Windows volume mixer turn VIVOX to max volume and turn APB down to 6% so u can hear everyone on VOIP fine then but yes this is something that has been needing fixed for a decade lol

12 hours ago, DOUBLEY said:

If you go into Windows volume mixer turn VIVOX to max volume and turn APB down to 6% so u can hear everyone on VOIP fine then but yes this is something that has been needing fixed for a decade lol

I tend to keep APB at 30% while vivox maxed out at 100. All honestly we live in a age where private chat systems made it obsolete in alot of ways. As well its dated as hell in APB and works half of the time for people.

Edited by El-Neko