Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

Extending BETA time frame to 3pm PDT

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Well I finally managed to get to a district select screen but now I got the dreaded infinite loading screen. @MattScott at this point wouldnt it be best to delay the beta a week so you guys can work out all these bugs? This is completely unplayable and weve wasted an hr just trying to login. All the bugs of the old engine rearing their heads at once.

Wasn't the beta for this reason specifically? Weren't the servers available only 30 minutes ago? Didn't you expect this specific thing happening? Didn't get past the login screen, but how many old bugs did you manage to spot?

I'll wait as long as necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Being unable to play at all right now is a death blow. If you cant select a char or load in how can you test?

dude they literally said multiple times its being worked on, so of course you can't log in 

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Being unable to play at all right now is a death blow. If you cant select a char or load in how can you test?

They need to fix it. Today. It won't be any better next week either so a short delay like that is pointless. Everyone was waiting for this so canceling it is far from what to do.

1 minute ago, Pufty said:

Wasn't the beta for this reason specifically? Weren't the servers available only 30 minutes ago? Didn't you expect this specific thing happening? Didn't get past the login screen, but how many old bugs did you manage to spot?

I'll wait as long as necessary.

Inf loading screen bug, login bug, failing to connect to the server. These are all old bugs weve commonly had to deal with on the old servers over the years.

Just now, Comnoter said:

dude they literally said multiple times its being worked on, so of course you can't log in 

Matt has also said its been fixed

almost 1 hr  past  in and its just waste of time 
Open Beta
tumblr_nfa4gwIKdq1tq4of6o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Inf loading screen bug, login bug, failing to connect to the server. These are all old bugs weve commonly had to deal with on the old servers over the years.

I'm no expert, but so many times servers have been boggled for any game when something new opens up. It's so many new players with their 'new' characters trying to log in at the same time that it's really choking it out. You could blame any game for it and since it boils down to servers having to handle all this increased traffic, I'd call it all the same issue. It's simply that at some points the server lets you get further to see a new error, but gets choked out again in the middle of your steps.

Don't know, but sounds like the same issue. We're not even play-testing it, we're stress-testing 😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

he hasn't said anything about it being completely fixed

4 minutes ago, Pufty said:

I'm no expert, but so many times servers have been boggled for any game when something new opens up. It's so many new players with their 'new' characters trying to log in at the same time that it's really choking it out. You could blame any game for it and since it boils down to servers having to handle all this increased traffic, I'd call it all the same issue. It's simply that at some points the server lets you get further to see a new error, but gets choked out again in the middle of your steps.

Don't know, but sounds like the same issue. We're not even play-testing it, we're stress-testing 😄

Def seems more like a stress test then a play test. And all these issues how many times have we seen em after a patch on the old engine? For APB its more then just something new opening.

1 minute ago, Comnoter said:

he hasn't said anything about it being completely fixed

He said the connection issues were fixed, which clearly they arent if many ppl are still getting disconnected after char selection and it can count for the inf loading screen as well since I think tech you lost connection to the server if you get stuck in it.

Just reporting that I still cannot get past character selection.

"Error disconnected" after selecting a character and waiting for a few minutes.

For future reference I don't recommend attempting to copy a database of chars on the same day as the playtest. Copying the chars should have been done seperately by letting people log into the char select, but not enter districts.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Def seems more like a stress test then a play test. And all these issues how many times have we seen em after a patch on the old engine? For APB its more then just something new opening.

He said the connection issues were fixed, which clearly they arent if many ppl are still getting disconnected after char selection and it can count for the inf loading screen as well since I think tech you lost connection to the server if you get stuck in it.

Servers will be back online by noon PDT. We are fixing a technical issue with the Login servers caused by copying the characters of many players to the Beta. -Matt

This the last thing he has said

Noon PDT is 9 PM in my timezone. Right now it's 9:22 PM

Just now, Hlebka said:

Noon PDT is 9 PM in my timezone. Right now it's 9:22 PM

yeah he probably figure it would be a easy fix but its not

21:29 here(9:29pm)

gonna wait till they announce server is back online..im not tryn to log anyway just finish to download the client

Edited by TheMessiah

4 minutes ago, Comnoter said:

Servers will be back online by noon PDT. We are fixing a technical issue with the Login servers caused by copying the characters of many players to the Beta. -Matt

This the last thing he has said

Were way past that time and the connection issues are still going strong

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Were way past that time and the connection issues are still going strong

of course they are, copying of characters + everyone logging in at once I don't expect there won't be connection issues. The fact people are still trying to login as they are fixing it, is troubling...

1 minute ago, Comnoter said:

of course they are, copying of characters + everyone logging in at once I don't expect there won't be connection issues. The fact people are still trying to login as they are fixing it, is troubling...

All the chars are mostly copied in already, its just more background stuff thats being done upon login however LO should have anticipated this mass login and had prepared for it. The fact they didnt is abit troubling.

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

All the chars are mostly copied in already, its just more background stuff thats being done upon login however LO should have anticipated this mass login and had prepared for it. The fact they didnt is abit troubling.

And this is just small portion of people getting into beta client. Imagine the server issues when new engine is released to live client... 

Edited by Hlebka

Not really sure how this wasn't planned for. Of course lots of people were going to try and play this, why wouldn't the servers be ready to handle this...

extend beta longer! its been over 1hr30mins. still cant connect to a district.... closest ive gotten was joining, then it exits me....

7 minutes ago, Hlebka said:

And this is just small portion of people getting into beta client. Imagine the server issues when new engine is released to live client... 

nah it's not a small portion of people trying to get in.

So.. we have 3 hours to test another 1 hour added, What about those who cannot get in to test.. they will be loosing the 3-4 hour experiance which kinda sucks..

Just now, Comnoter said:

nah it's not a small portion of people trying to get in.

APB has 1200 current players. Let's say 700 are playing the beta.. I don't think 700 players is a big number.. There are a lot more games where beta was played without a problem with 100+ thousand concurrent players. Things like this should've been expected, APB is not one of those games with large population