MattScott

A word of caution about the Open Beta

Hi everyone,

Today I had to make a tough call. Both yesterday and today, our internal network had massive problems causing long outages at a time which prevent staff from making a lot of progress on their work. This includes Customer Support, Quality Assurance, and Development. We had a number of last minute bugs we wanted to address that might have made tomorrow a bit smoother, but only one of them got addressed.

The Open Beta final build has been released.

Everyone should try to patch now.

Against my better judgment, I'm sticking withtomorrow's test as planned, because I said we'd do it. So we're doing it.

Details here:

http://gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2020/6/22/legendary-beta

I don't recommend anyone stream this build. There are bound to be lots of problems. It just isn't the build I had hoped for.

Please also check the Known Issues here:

Lastly, we will be doing more of these as regularly as we can.

Sorry,
Matt

Edited to clear up questions.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

wow, there some people who live in different time zone just a heads up.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Don't worry Matt, it's a beta, there's bound to be bugs, no need for a sorry 🙂

1 minute ago, Deadliest said:

wow what about those who live in different time zone?

Whatever fine fellow wrote the news post already supplied an auto time zone converter for our convenience; HERE
Unless you simply mean for people in certain parts of the world where that time is not optimal, then that's just unavoidable ;( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

wow, there some people who live in different time zone just a heads up.

Imagine living on a rock in the middle of the ocean and being the only western country in that entire timezone.

hahahahahahahahahaha.....

...hah

Won't even run on recommended hardware for the current live version.

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

Won't even run on recommended hardware for the current live version.

I suppose this is to be expected since the official recommended hardware for APB hasn't been updated since 2009.  Hell are you gonna do with a 8800GT with 512MB of VRAM?

8 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I suppose this is to be expected since the official recommended hardware for APB hasn't been updated since 2009.  Hell are you gonna do with a 8800GT with 512MB of VRAM?

The graphics these streamers run on it's as if they're all using iGPUs.

11 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

The graphics these streamers run on it's as if they're all using iGPUs.

Yeah, that's a huge mixture of things.  It improves performance due to just how old and raggedy APB is.  Some of it is also just preference.  2.1 however can actually use a lot of "space" that modern hardware gives though.  So you should see more of your hardware being used compared to Live.

13 minutes ago, Machine659 said:

Wait, I don’t get it, the open beta is delayed? Or same time

read again.........

Welp looks like im missing out was really excited to play APB for us poor Aussie players its 4am when it starts and ends around 7am correct? that's crap...Patched the open beta and everything thinking i was able to play...Thanks LO nice times you have set you have cucked Australian players yet again 

dI1icMZ.gif

Edited by 7700k

As if it wasn't predictable, nothing is 100%.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

LO keep up the good work.

Edited by Atour

12 minutes ago, Golderlight123 said:

11 am  N.A time or Eu time ?

around 8 pm i guess

2 hours ago, 7700k said:

Welp looks like im missing out was really excited to play APB for us poor Aussie players its 4am when it starts and ends around 7am correct? that's crap...Patched the open beta and everything thinking i was able to play...Thanks LO nice times you have set you have cucked Australian players yet again 

dI1icMZ.gif

its hard to set a time that every one can get on and test - somewhere it's 4 am for others and in others it's 2 am. people are always going to get cucked over people who have jobs at this time too... i do feel sorry though

Quite sad might as well give up and leave yet again was looking forward to the new engine etc but with what is going on i'm failing to see any reason to play at this point G1 burnt me out LO took over re ignited me than slowly burnt me out yet again rip 600 bucks plus all the time and effort i put in never will have a 255R character i will never have and constantly get fucked by ping or some game related bullshoot...

... We don't even started and already malcontents started to make they awful remarks about beta.

Glorious. Totally didn't saw that coming...

32 minutes ago, Mitne said:

... We don't even started and already malcontents started to make they awful remarks about beta.

Glorious. Totally didn't saw that coming...

Oh it's so dramatic... please I wasn't bashing the beta read what I posted you blind fuck, I was merely stating it was unplayable for me due to the ping and game related problems like the spawns that kind of crap sorry I didn't elaborate on it and I'm sorry I offended you not..I also stated that I would of loved to play it and was looking forward to it but due to the time it's a miss for me and i'm gonna call it quits...because I'm burnt out at this point before your fingers start typing consider reading first..

Edit: please downvote me I don't give to shits at all I feed on it 

Edited by 7700k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 7700k said:

Oh it's so dramatic... please I wasn't bashing the beta read what I posted you blind fuck, I was merely stating it was unplayable for me due to the ping and game related problems like the spawns that kind of crap sorry I didn't elaborate on it and I'm sorry I offended you not..I also stated that I would of loved to play it and was looking forward to it but due to the time it's a miss for me and i'm gonna call it quits...because I'm burnt out at this point before your fingers start typing consider reading first..

Edit: please downvote me I don't give to shits at all I feed on it 

... Before you say any other bullshoot I break silence to why you get dislikes and say it again - beta didn't even started yet.

How the fuck you even "play" it then, liar?

Btw. notice I wasn't quoting you in first post.

Edited by Mitne

in the technical spectrum, you have done a good job . I expected to see a lot more problems .

It's a beta, technical issues are bound to happen. Don't stress yourself too hard Matt, even if it's not the build you were hoping to let us play you still got those bugs covered. I'm personally really happy to be able to play regardless of how stable it will be lol

3 hours ago, Golderlight123 said:

11 am  N.A time or Eu time ?

11A-2PM PST, For us EU folks around 6PM-9PM

• Like 1