StraaZi

does anyone know if it is possible to delete an account if you contact support

does anyone know if it is possible to delete an account if you contact support

Edited by StraaZi

Nah, they won't do that, too dangerous when you consider that account stealing is still a thing.

But you can always just delete all of your characters.

Edited by Nerima
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, StraaZi said:

does anyone know if it is possible to delete an account if you contact support

a few questions :

Is it for yourself to quit the game  , or to start completely over?

is it for someone you invited in who APB does not entice them to stay ?

some other reason not listed ?

if its for anyone quitting APB

I'm sorry to see you go and hope some day you return.

many new changes are going to be made over time to make APB better , and i hope you get to play it.

Depends on where you live. If you live in the EU, or certain more progressed states in the US, then yes you can have your account deleted along with all other data they have related to you.

• Like 1

I am considering deleting my account yes.

the game is more frustrating than fun as it is now and I see nothing happening to fix the problem. but the red tape attitude does not make things better this problem is not new you just have to wait and hope it gets better but it does not get better. i see the same cheaters in fc all the time 6+ cheaters on both sides i have reported them for weeks wallhacks triggerbot no recoil saw people with no aim today the first time i saw that in apb.i get cheaters 1 out of 3 games sometimes you get to play against them 3 4 times in a row all you can do is wait for the match to be over and let them win.you get frustrated unpleasant and angry in the chat to people who dont deserve it Im not saying that everyone in apb cheats but it is
too much cheaters 

got so frustrated yesterday that I spit out a lot of stupid words to people and if one of you read this I apologize for my behavior to you all.I write things to cheaters but when people who havent done anything get shit I feel that it is too much. I play games to have fun but right now its only the cheaters having fun in apb.

Edited by StraaZi

Don't delete your account just don't play for a while. Better then having to start over if ever feel like playing again. Uninstalling is just a couple of clicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, StraaZi said:

the game is more frustrating than fun as it is now

Honestly, if that's the reason you're considering deleting your account, I would recommend holding off for the time being. I can't tell you how many times I've done similar things (RIP a bunch of old maxed out characters I've deleted in the past out of frustration), and I inevitably end up regretting it. Give yourself some time (at least a month or two) to take a break from the game, and then if you still feel the same then you at least know it's a grounded feeling instead of a "heat of the moment" one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i mean probably, but they probably have a long line of questions and confirmation before you can finalize the deletion. just leave the account active since deletion isn't reversable. at least allow yourself the freedom to comeback anytime you might want to.

• Thanks 1

why just not keep the account and just move on.

deleting something and coming back to something is a huge deal for a lot of players. had fun memories of you playing against me. i feel already sad that i see another known face leave a beloved game of mine. but just don't delete an account becou your frustrated. if u end up ragequiting or being angry with the game its time for a break... just delete the game from your pc. and u wil see further.

Edited by TzickyT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StraaZi said:

The open beta that was announced is the engine upgrade that is needed to fix  major problems with APB including a server side detection of cheating.

I hope you do not  give up just yet and stay with us , but if you do go I hope you return someday as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, StraaZi said:

I am considering deleting my account yes.

the game is more frustrating than fun as it is now and I see nothing happening to fix the problem. but the red tape attitude does not make things better this problem is not new you just have to wait and hope it gets better but it does not get better. i see the same cheaters in fc all the time 6+ cheaters on both sides i have reported them for weeks wallhacks triggerbot no recoil saw people with no aim today the first time i saw that in apb.i get cheaters 1 out of 3 games sometimes you get to play against them 3 4 times in a row all you can do is wait for the match to be over and let them win.you get frustrated unpleasant and angry in the chat to people who dont deserve it Im not saying that everyone in apb cheats but it is
too much cheaters 

got so frustrated yesterday that I spit out a lot of stupid words to people and if one of you read this I apologize for my behavior to you all.I write things to cheaters but when people who havent done anything get shit I feel that it is too much. I play games to have fun but right now its only the cheaters having fun in apb.

Maybe uninstall and take a break? Find something else to play? If you're addicted to APB chances are you will come back anyway but you will need to start from 0. 

• Thanks 1

APB Tourettes. We've all had it at some point.

As NoobQueen says, you should try uninstalling if you want to enforce a break on yourself. Sure, you might end up re-installing in a bout of nostalgia and poor impulse control but re-installing will be an inconvenience and a time sink, and you're could just as likely end up making a new account if support let you delete your old one, as you are to reinstall if you delete the game.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could make a new email account, see can you associate your APB account & its recovery options with that email. (idk if they let you do that easily cos of account selling / stealing). Then if you can do that, change the password for both your APB account and the email address you've now linked to it to random keystrokes that you couldn't possibly re-produce (something like: aklshgo[ashgl'asngjap'stgu-81= 9) to lock yourself out. There's a chance you could get it back via support at some point in the future, but it's quite possible that you'd lose it permanently.

Definitely try uninstalling it first and see does that keep you away without losing all your progress.

Edited by MrChan

Dont delete your legendary account, remember you're the first person to ever hit 100k total kills, think wisely.

Deleting accounts in games is never a good idea unless its for some actual serious security reasons where you want to disappear/hide your identity online etc. I highly recommend that you just take a break from the game like most of us do every once in a while and come back at a later date and give it a shot again. I know many players over the years who sold off their accounts or deleted them outright and ended up coming back, having to start over and thats no fun.

• Like 3

I think it's always better to keep character. If you don't like how your character looks you can fully redesign it from ground-up (minus gender) and rename it (using ARMAs rename).

Low ranks got it harsh for various reasons and if one day you would be going back to game with clean slate it would be more frustrating to you (especially now) than if you would start from your high ranked character and that might push you out of game again.

You don't know how many times I told myself I would just delete acc and go on - but yet here I am.

Edited by Mitne

why do players that are a direct contributor to the cheating problem sharing their opinion I do not understand.maybe to uphold their fake prusona who knows.. you know who you are

I wait a while and see how it will be when the new patch arrives. thank you for all the good suggestions i was expecting much worse comments maybe see you tonight when i try the beta test

but I will have a break from the current live version

Merged.

Mitne. I think it's always better to keep character. If you don't like how your character looks you can fully redesign it from ground-up (minus gender) and rename it (using ARMAs rename)

yes Mitne.. its totally that i dont like my characters looks yes.that is why I was thinking of deleting my account 🤨 do not want to be rude, but have you read the comments

Edited by StraaZi

You'll regret it, be warned by experienced players, nothing more we can do to change your mind, it must come from your own understanding sir.

• Thanks 1

ReperTheButcher

I will have a break from the current live version.and we will see how it ends after the patch

and stop calling me legend sever ferst 100k kills HAHAHAHAH

• Like 1

such a bad comparison but wow, we've really bonded as a community :^)

like talking a guy off the ledge.

its not that bad Aeronaut i was expecting much worse comments it is apb. not all people are AH,s

can u ask support to delete the whole game pls

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Dont delete your legendary account, remember you're the first person to ever hit 100k total kills, think wisely.

I'm not sure 'bout this one tho

Daruma got 100k on his character back in late 2012

Aw.
Please don't leave. @StraaZi

I'm gonna miss you, if you do. 😟

We need to get trough this together!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerima said:

I'm not sure 'bout this one tho

Daruma got 100k on his character back in late 2012

Straazi actually had evidence for it on a post he made loooooong ago called 100,000 kills around 2012 as well (obeya server) (old forums) daruma might be the first on patriot no doubt.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher