Sign in to follow this  
Warspite

Some assorted feedback for the anniversary event.

Some things said about the event said to me by friends that were genuinely excited for this event beforehand. 

From players currently playing the game a lot anyway:

)How did you get the feedback of 'we want 20 person beacon not 80 person district gungame' and go 'YEAH FOURTY PERSON BEACON haHAAAAAA'

)Who asked for prototype gungame?

)Did LO playtest this? No.

)Dude we know people had framerate complaints with 80 person gungame so we made them worse KEKW

)My dad's turtle made more sense than this event

)Yeah I'm just gonna play this for cap JT and quit. What a disappointment.

)You know it's sad when I have to say that the game was better under G1 than LO. What even is this event.

)Hey at least I got cool clothes. 

)These titles suck. Easter event ones were good. How did we go from that to this.

)10 years for this btw. ez clap good game. uninstaller more functional than actual game.

From players who are new/returning players

)Message 1: I heard this event isn't great, how come? Message 2[2 minutes later after playing one round]: my ears hurt. weird 1 shot guns. too loud and bright. nty 

)Haha rip

)Guess I'm not streaming this

Good job LO. Really good Job. the clothing was actually great. I'm not gonna use it, but it looks good. The titles I felt obligated to collect but I'm never going to equip them so w/e. Maybe weapon tester is worth getting. 50JT capped for one round of this when I can get up to 30 from a mission anyway feels stupid. before this event started I figured the cap was stupid because I actually wanted to play gungame and I thought the cap would kill it off quick each day and leave nobody playing it. Wow was I wrong, the cap is honestly the best bit of this because I don't feel obligated to keep playing this gamemode for JTs. Next time you listen to feedback listen to all of it. When people said 'give us old beacon gungame' they meant give us old beacon gungame. not 40 person beacon gungame with weird gamemodes that feel like you threw darts at a wall in the hopes you would hit something someone liked. Titles are bearable. Don't really feel great for a 10th anniversary event. All of the gungame modes are honestly good with the exception of prototype weapon testing and joker store bonanza. prototype weapon testing is unsaveable and joker store bonanza makes no sense to start with an RSA and progress to an assault rifle. The guns should get worse as you progress, not better. Plus it says a lot that Matt Scott didn't even want to play more than 1-2 rounds of this mess.

This was a disappointing event. Thanks for reading. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love this event. It's really fun.

I heard a lot of other people complaining about the frame rate, but I had around 60-70fps (Still lower then usual I suppose)

The issue with sound is definitely a thing, but it really doesn't detract from the game too much tbh.

It's bugged. There were 5 matches yesterday that I got 0 rewards despite being top 5 or 10 at the end 

Tried 3 games last night and the framedrop was horrible and made the game unplayable. Tried again this morning, nothing changed. Just found out that the rewards for the gungame are disapointing to me personally so I'm skipping the event. 25 minutes of heavy framerate drops for 30JT and a title I'm never going to wear aren't worth my time. I wish all those who enjoy the event a good time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spy said:

Tried 3 games last night and the framedrop was horrible and made the game unplayable. Tried again this morning, nothing changed. Just found out that the rewards for the gungame are disapointing to me personally so I'm skipping the event. 25 minutes of heavy framerate drops for 30JT and a title I'm never going to wear aren't worth my time. I wish all those who enjoy the event a good time.

I'm enjoying just playing. I played... 4 games? I got 2 titles and 150 joker tickets. Not bad considering it was pretty fun and quick.

10 minutes ago, Resine said:

It's bugged. There were 5 matches yesterday that I got 0 rewards despite being top 5 or 10 at the end 

Sometimes you only get JT as rewards and they're directly added. No need to go to mail box. I got rewards for every match and I never placed top 5 to my knowledge.

I hear ya but JT and titles aren't things I'm looking for in an event. I've got plenty of those already.

just my two cents:

there's too many players, and not enough spawn points. constant spawnkilling is just regular gameplay - and that's not really fun.

also, to reduce FPS drops, rework the ogre carnage and give it like 2 rockets per shot but with a bigger blast radius. (that'd even make sense somehow, cuz of the 2 barrels)

oh yea and about that cheating problem with battleye...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

there's too many players, and not enough spawn points. constant spawnkilling is just regular gameplay - and that's not really fun.

That so much!

2 hours ago, Warspite said:

Some things said about the event said to me by friends that were genuinely excited for this event beforehand. 

From players currently playing the game a lot anyway:

)How did you get the feedback of 'we want 20 person beacon not 80 person district gungame' and go 'YEAH FOURTY PERSON BEACON haHAAAAAA'

)Who asked for prototype gungame?

)Did LO playtest this? No.

)Dude we know people had framerate complaints with 80 person gungame so we made them worse KEKW

)My dad's turtle made more sense than this event

At this point I completely stopped reading the post because its all nonsense.

This is genuinely the best event LO has made so far, finally putting gun games in the right districts for it (fight club) and reducing it to 20vs20 like it should be. I love the prototype mode because its a fun, refreshing mode that does things that we've never seen before. I am glad that they took the freedom to do that. The only issue with the framerate comes from the True Ogre because shooting it creates way too many particles but if they were to patch that somehow, there wouldn't be any fps issues.

80 person gun games were an absolute whackfest, I don't know why you or anyone would ever want to see that ever again. It was horrible, completely luck ridden, 0 skill requirement, it lagged more than anything in the whole game and the spawns were probably the worst part of it all. On top of that it only ran for an hour on weekends SOMETIMES. Now we have it on demand, it is much more about skill and less about luck (save for the prototype one, that one is just for fun and it should remain that way), and the lag only occurs during the prototype one anyway which can be fixed easily UNLIKE the 80 person gungames which cannot possibly be fixed or made fun in any capacity.

I sincerely hope LO do not take your criticism to heart because it is clearly not even trying to be objective. It all just seems like the usual APB player salt that originates from other things and you decide to take it out on the game and whatever is happening in it currently.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flaws said:

At this point I completely stopped reading the post because its all nonsense.

This is genuinely the best event LO has made so far, finally putting gun games in the right districts for it (fight club) and reducing it to 20vs20 like it should be. I love the prototype mode because its a fun, refreshing mode that does things that we've never seen before. I am glad that they took the freedom to do that. The only issue with the framerate comes from the True Ogre because shooting it creates way too many particles but if they were to patch that somehow, there wouldn't be any fps issues.

80 person gun games were an absolute whackfest, I don't know why you or anyone would ever want to see that ever again. It was horrible, completely luck ridden, 0 skill requirement, it lagged more than anything in the whole game and the spawns were probably the worst part of it all. On top of that it only ran for an hour on weekends SOMETIMES. Now we have it on demand, it is much more about skill and less about luck (save for the prototype one, that one is just for fun and it should remain that way), and the lag only occurs during the prototype one anyway which can be fixed easily UNLIKE the 80 person gungames which cannot possibly be fixed or made fun in any capacity.

I sincerely hope LO do not take your criticism to heart because it is clearly not even trying to be objective.

Did you actually read my post. I don't want 80 player gungames back. I want gungame to be 20 players like it was before. I do not understand how LO sees the feedback of 'we want old beacon gungame back', understands it enough to take a step forward and give us beacon, and then somehow take a step backwards and bump it up to fourty people.

I guess the number of players playing this event will eventually tell how amusing the event is, what the players think about it and show the real picture..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Warspite said:

Did you actually read my post. I don't want 80 player gungames back. I want gungame to be 20 players like it was before. I do not understand how LO sees the feedback of 'we want old beacon gungame back', understands it enough to take a step forward and give us beacon, and then somehow take a step backwards and bump it up to fourty people.

It being bumped to 40 (20vs20) players per district probably has to do with server capacity limitations that they have right now. Purchasing more servers just for 2 weeks of an event isn't really worth it. Not to mention them having to host the Open Beta which will surely take it's toll on their server capacity. Regardless, its still much better and more playable than 80 player gungames.

2 minutes ago, Flaws said:

It being bumped to 40 (20vs20) players per district probably has to do with server capacity limitations that they have right now. Purchasing more servers just for 2 weeks of an event isn't really worth it. Not to mention them having to host the Open Beta which will surely take it's toll on their server capacity. Regardless, its still much better and more playable than 80 player gungames.

Then they should've organized better. Don't have your open beta test on the same weekend as your 10th anniversary event is running.

2 hours ago, BeastInTheBeauty said:

I guess the number of players playing this event will eventually tell how amusing the event is, what the players think about it and show the real picture..

I have 0 fun tbh but 500JTs/d are 500 JTs/d 🙂

I'd love me some Beacon like in the old days without any stupid gun restrictions or game modes.

9 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Is it confirmed that the OB is running on the same servers?

I am pretty sure they are seperate ones if not totally different.

But I could be wrong ofc.

33 minutes ago, Pwnimon said:

Is it confirmed that the OB is running on the same servers?

I'm not sure. I'm only speculating.

Sign in to follow this