Sign in to follow this  
Basih

Suggestion: Server side limit to fire-rate

Hey,

As title states, I think it would be great idea to implement a server side limit to how fast you can fire, effectively rendering trigger bots less effective. Since this wouldn't affect the legit players I think it's a great solution to the trigger bot problem.

Anyway, up for discussion.

// Basih/Sweezt

I don't think this would help the trigger bot problem at all.  The game does already limit your fire rate.  You can't fire faster than the gun allows even with a trigger bot.

3 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I don't think this would help the trigger bot problem at all.  The game does already limit your fire rate.  You can't fire faster than the gun allows even with a trigger bot.

But it dosen't limit the rate of fire enough! A Carbine shouldn't able to fire faster than an NTEC.

9 minutes ago, Basih said:

But it dosen't limit the rate of fire enough! A Carbine shouldn't able to fire faster than an NTEC.

?? It doesn't.

Why do people still think macros and hacks somehow make a gun shooter faster then it's programmed to.

48 minutes ago, Basih said:

The carbine rewards those that can click fast and time their shots right, that would be an issue of the carbine's balance, not a trigger bot issue.  A game's weapons should never be balanced around cheats.

2 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

?? It doesn't.

Why do people still think macros and hacks somehow make a gun shooter faster then it's programmed to.

Not sure how but they do. Is not lag either.

27 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Not sure how but they do. Is not lag either.

I don't know what to tell you, but they don't. 

If you've ever used a macro before you'll notice that you can shoot "faster", but if you pay attention to the ammo count you'll see you are ghost shotting  a lot. 

Edited by TheAceNinja

I really don't get how this is supposed to help against trigger bots... Aren't you talking about macros instead ?  In this case, macros are pretty useless because clicking fast won't help you fire faster with a carbine.

You can always tell who is bad at the Carbine by them thinking you spam click it to get max fire rate. 

• Like 1

The problem with carbine macros is that macros can click at a consistent max fire rate pace, whereas humans can't possibly do that constantly. They're bound to mess up every now and then even with a LOT of practice. This is why a macro carbine will always win against a non macro carbine when no mis-aiming is involved. This makes it fall under the category cheating, and it's why it's bannable.