Aeronaut

grilled cheese

Butter. Mayo is a meme for grilled cheese that needs to be stopped.

Even better if you brown the butter.

If you're gonna use mayo at least use jap mayo like kewpie for the higher fat content.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 6/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, AsgerLund said:

P7fqYqg.jpg

tumblr_n58h3gJLmI1ty0h5zo6_500.gif

Non negotiable.

As much as I love that movie its completely wrong.

White bread is the only choice for grilled cheese. Sourdough is amazing but is wrong here. His cheese mixture is pretty lame too. Gruyere is perfect and you only need one cheddar. Parmesan is too sharp and salty and will overpower the other cheese. A better mix is Gruyere for texture, cheddar for some mild flavor and then the third cheese is more to taste and what you want to be the forward taste. Things like provolone, colby, muenster, monterey jack, goudar, etc.

if you want to boost your grilled cheese, put some cheese in the pan and let it melt then put the sammich in that and let it grill on the sides. Then youll get the perfect mix of gooey cheese on the inside and grilled cheese outside.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

White bread is the only choice for grilled cheese. Sourdough is amazing but is wrong here. His cheese mixture is pretty lame too. Gruyere is perfect and you only need one cheddar. Parmesan is too sharp and salty and will overpower the other cheese. A better mix is Gruyere for texture, cheddar for some mild flavor and then the third cheese is more to taste and what you want to be the forward taste. Things like provolone, colby, muenster, monterey jack, goudar, etc.

if you want to boost your grilled cheese, put some cheese in the pan and let it melt then put the sammich in that and let it grill on the sides. Then youll get the perfect mix of gooey cheese on the inside and grilled cheese outside.

yo this is a wendys, you tryin to order or can i get to the next customer?

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

As much as I love and respect this post, I have some points to make.

I need my bread to balance the richness and fattiness of the cheeses. White bread doesn't really do that for me, so I would need sourdough, wholegrain, or bread with more character than "just" white. Regarding the cheeses, I need the saltiness of the parmesan. If I don't put parmesan, I have to spread olive tapenade on one of the slices of bread. I do agree that one of the cheddars can be substituted, I would add aged havarti to your suggestions above.

Now please excuse me for going completely of the rails related to my previous non-negotiable stance, but I often like to croque madame my grilled cheese and put a sunny side up egg on top.

19 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Now please excuse me for going completely of the rails related to my previous non-negotiable stance, but I often like to croque madame my grilled cheese and put a sunny side up egg on top.

adopt me please

On 6/26/2020 at 4:25 PM, AsgerLund said:

As much as I love and respect this post, I have some points to make.

I need my bread to balance the richness and fattiness of the cheeses. White bread doesn't really do that for me, so I would need sourdough, wholegrain, or bread with more character than "just" white. Regarding the cheeses, I need the saltiness of the parmesan. If I don't put parmesan, I have to spread olive tapenade on one of the slices of bread. I do agree that one of the cheddars can be substituted, I would add aged havarti to your suggestions above.

The only right thing you said in that entire thing is Havarti

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The only right thing you said in that entire thing is Havarti

Adopt Aero please.