Sakebee

Legendary Beta Patch Announcement

Will we be able to trade our legendary guns for Joker Tickets/Legendary Tokens in order to buy other Legendaries? That would be nice as well!

U have to also take in account that now u can get the legendaries for free,meaning that no one has to pay for it u can buy them directly from the game not from another player which is another bonus,also winning joker tickets lately has been quite easy,so to me it is quite fair u still gambling but now u have the security that u are gonna get the weapon and how the price is bigger so it is the chance of getting it(5% and not 1%).

Just when I gave away my FFA lol nice timing.

I was hoping for a longer run of beta. 3 hours in just one day looks like people flooding in and crashing the server. Unless that's the thing LO wants to test.

9 hours ago, Gusvato3080 said:

can I refund the 7 joker boxes I bought yesterday?

Only if I can get a refund on the over $200.00 I spent to get the Thunder just to have it get nerfed a few months later. It was my main secondary and now it sits unused with half a dozen other nerfed guns

Now all legendaries will be devalued due to too many of them being available, further making the money I have spent on them more worthless

man I’m negative

What about power boxes? Locked behind forever? 

Don't know if anyone else pointed this out yet but,

It looks like the new legendary vendor will have the same limits as a regular vendor, This means you can buy a maximum of 3 weapons per category(secondary, Assault Rifles, Explosives, etc) per day, which restocks at a rate of 1 per day to a max of 3.

nEV5gcK.jpg

32 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Don't know if anyone else pointed this out yet but, It looks like the new legendary vendor will have the same limits as a regular vendor, This means you can buy a maximum of 3 weapons per category(secondary, Assault Rifles, Explosives, etc) per day, which restocks at a rate of 1 per day to a max of 3.

Interesting catch, but ultimately that limit is irrelevant to the overwhelming majority of players. It is impossible to accrue 2,500 Joker Tickets in one day via ingame methods (hell, it's impossible in a gun's seven day lease period). Those that purchase JT on ARMAS for the permanent copy for personal use can just use leases in the interim.

The ones that this limit affects are those that purchase JT on ARMAS for the permanent copy to sell on market and/or trade. In this case, it would serve the purpose of limiting the total number of legendaries being introduced into circulation at any given time. This is likely the intent for not removing the limit, assuming it was intentionally kept of course.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Interesting catch, but ultimately that limit is irrelevant to the overwhelming majority of players. It is impossible to accrue 2,500 Joker Tickets in one day via ingame methods (hell, it's impossible in a gun's seven day lease period). Those that purchase JT on ARMAS for the permanent copy for personal use can just use leases in the interim.

The ones that this limit affects are those that purchase JT on ARMAS for the permanent copy to sell on market and/or trade. In this case, it would serve the purpose of limiting the total number of legendaries being introduced into circulation at any given time. This is likely the intent for not removing the limit, assuming it was intentionally kept of course.

If they don't add more ways to get JT, honestly this is a pointless update. Spending 50 weeks, aka 1 year of playing every week of the year only to get a gun thats worth upwards of 3 million apb$ which can be earned in a fraction of that time is absurd. (or just pay approx $30 usd instead of playing for hundreds of hours). Outside of a couple veterans who have saved their JT over years, if not half a decade, this update won't affect many players.

Edited by FakeBungo

This is literally the best thing to happen to this game in a while.

Also I love the fact that the beta is finally happening. 

I had the chance to test it and the outcome is very promising!

I love the fact that there is a new breath of wind to this game nowdays 🙂 Hope it will get even better!

28 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

10k JT to unlock the weapon permant, or there is a price increase?

it costs 2500 jt for a week lease, everytime you buy it for lease you have 5% chance for permanent (tradable)

that means it costs 25000 jt average (50% chance)

or 50000 jt if you are unlucky (100% chance)

it costs 100 g1c for 500 jt (unsure if buying more JT will be cheaper deal or not.)

this means a legendary will cost $50 USD average or up to $100 USD if you are unlucky (actual prices might be slightly less if the JT includes a premium discount)

i am unsure if this is better or worse than joker boxes, im sure somebody who has bought joker boxes can tell us.

so overall, this update doesnt really impact anything IMO since you could already buy legendaries for apb cash$ and apb cash$ is way easier to get than 50000 jt.

any noob can earn 50k an hour by smashing stores and after a 8 hour grind thatll make them 400k to buy their first low tier legendary. whereas with this JT it will take them like a year.

Edited by FakeBungo

32 minutes ago, FakeBungo said:

If they don't add more ways to get JT, honestly this is a pointless update. Spending 50 weeks, aka 1 year of playing every week of the year only to get a gun thats worth upwards of 3 million apb$ which can be earned in a fraction of that time is absurd. (or just pay approx $30 usd instead of playing for hundreds of hours). Outside of a couple veterans who have saved their JT over years, if not half a decade, this update won't affect many players.

I do get the impression that LO will at some point add additional ways of earning JTs - they already added a low level passive income from missions itself. JTs have a great potential to be incentives for people to play the game. You could start introducing measures such as log-in rewards, or prizes for playing X number of missions per day. If they were being particularly smart they might replace the weirdly small cash rewards for levelling up a contact and replace it with JT rewards instead. This, especially for Free2Play players would incentivise them to play missions and level up contacts.

Of course for the sake of the game's continued existence, people will also be tempted to purchase JTs using G1C as well (Although at that point surely it would be quicker to just buy the gun outright? I guess whatever brings the money in)

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

I do get the impression that LO will at some point add additional ways of earning JTs - they already added a low level passive income from missions itself. JTs have a great potential to be incentives for people to play the game. You could start introducing measures such as log-in rewards, or prizes for playing X number of missions per day. If they were being particularly smart they might replace the weirdly small cash rewards for levelling up a contact and replace it with JT rewards instead. This, especially for Free2Play players would incentivise them to play missions and level up contacts.

Of course for the sake of the game's continued existence, people will also be tempted to purchase JTs using G1C as well (Although at that point surely it would be quicker to just buy the gun outright? I guess whatever brings the money in)

yeah ofc its all likely to change, especially if they are actually making 10 new joker contacts. i think we can assume these will be used to various things and not just be 10 stores. likely there will be more joker activities from one or more of these contacts to earn JT, just guessing.
i think having both G1C and JT is over complicated though. someone pointed out in social that it will be cheaper to buy a JT colby .45 pistol than an Armas colby .45 pistol a saving of about $5.
they may aswell merge armas and joker store.

@FakeBungo Your math is incorrect. 100 G1C is $1 USD, so a lease costs $5 USD. Thus a legendary permanent would cost anywhere from $5 USD to $100 USD, depending on your luck. That being said, purchasing higher amounts of G1C in a single transaction gives a bonus of up to 25% extra G1C (at $200 USD). With that being entered into the equation, you actually have an upper limit of $85 USD (which would also leave you with 30 G1C extra, not that that actually matters for this discussion of course).

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

@FakeBungo Your math is incorrect. 100 G1C is $1 USD, so a lease costs $5 USD. Thus a legendary permanent would cost anywhere from $5 USD to $100 USD, depending on your luck. That being said, purchasing higher amounts of G1C in a single transaction gives a bonus of up to 25% extra G1C (at $200 USD). With that being entered into the equation, you actually have an upper limit of $85 USD (which would also leave you with 30 G1C extra, not that that actually matters for this discussion of course).

yeah i made the mistake assuming that g1c is shown in my local currency so i converted it into USD which lowered the dollar value XD so it is infact more expensive and ill edit that in to not confuse ppl

7 minutes ago, FakeBungo said:

i think having both G1C and JT is over complicated though. someone pointed out in social that it will be cheaper to buy a JT colby .45 pistol than an Armas colby .45 pistol a saving of about $5.

I think perhaps the best distinction that can be made will be that Joker Tickets = Character bound items, G1C = Account bound items. It's true the distinction will get blurrier, especially for new players who will need to think about 3 currencies at once. Perhaps the best way to think about it may be that JT are just F2P G1C? I guess it remains to be seen how it will all play out.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FakeBungo said:

There's a lot of signs that point to that being the long-term goal here. It's an interesting concept, regardless.

38 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I think perhaps the best distinction that can be made will be that Joker Tickets = Character bound items, G1C = Account bound items. It's true the distinction will get blurrier, especially for new players who will need to think about 3 currencies at once. Perhaps the best way to think about it may be that JT are just F2P G1C? I guess it remains to be seen how it will all play out.

People are,pardon my French, wanking on the guns too

often and never spot other items being outpriced... this will happen with crown, and I think LO will include half of armas gear in jt store, the matter of time. But I want these clothes being account bounded now already. I never understood why people don't appreciate them, APB is afaik the only game where I can customize my clothing. But there is a kinda character quantity gap for me to buy every item for every char. So LO, why not now but someday soon? 

P.S.: Gauntlet Gloves pls. 😉

20 hours ago, WingedArc said:

So, Let me get this right... !!!YOU HAVE NOT REMOVED JOKER BOXES JUST MADE THEM MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

Well, You had me until I heard you are going to be able to buy JT and when you buy JT you have a 1% chance to get a legendary fundamentally making them just a lootbox. Both of those things are an issue as you have made a NEW CASH SHOP CURRENCY and now also made anything exclusive to the JT store such as the Vegas Firebomb a from of P2W... 

You have not removed the lootbox problem just tried to hide it while making it worse when anyone sits and thinks about it.

Read the post and use your brain people and stop reading this post at face value and read the entire steam update, Thay have made the problem worse!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/113400/view/2488750270042049233

The sad thing about all this is that if you just made it so you could not buy JT from the store you would HAVE fixed the problem.

It's 5% not 1%

They are remove to options for weapons to buy them for 10k JT direct as permanent version?

Also we can only lease the weapons with a chance to get iz permanent?

The question, i have right now 10k JT, do i need to spend this before the updates comes or not?

On 6/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, Aeronaut said:

whoa

aohw

On 6/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, Nagletz said:

But now everyone gonna have crown instead... 

I'm okey with that.

If they want to spend that much money on it instead of legendary or permanent weapon then their funeral.

I got my title, they can be "Kings of San Paro".

Edited by Mitne

88d257c1f831155205d5cf90825194b5.png

JMBs are still around, and direct JT sales are nowhere to be seen. What happened?

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

88d257c1f831155205d5cf90825194b5.png

JMBs are still around, and direct JT sales are nowhere to be seen. What happened?

Its 9 AM in the morning in California, website changes usually happen a few hours after the patch went live.