Sakebee

Legendary Beta Patch Announcement

Well we certainly won't run into cheaters on the beta, so I'll take any bugs/errors over the current state of APB. 
Not to mention (and I seriously hope) a lot of us are going to be running the game at maximum settings again. 

Just so you know loyal APB community for those who haven't tested out the engine update. (Including myself.)
Things will break, it won't be a smooth experience compared to the normal game, and I hope you keep that in mind. 
That's what beta testing is for.

• Thanks 1

Now there shouldn't be SINGLE moan about legendaries.

Haha... wishful thinking... Freaking silvers :<

Edited by Mitne

Happy for all this good news but I do want to bring up a counter point. Many people spent a lot of money to acquire some of these legendaries. Is there any way to add some value to them m? Perhaps a unique skin?

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Now there shouldn't be SINGLE moan about legendaries.

Haha... wishful thinking... Freaking silvers :<

But now everyone gonna have crown instead... 

So, Let me get this right... !!!YOU HAVE NOT REMOVED JOKER BOXES JUST MADE THEM MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

Well, You had me until I heard you are going to be able to buy JT and when you buy JT you have a 1% chance to get a legendary fundamentally making them just a lootbox. Both of those things are an issue as you have made a NEW CASH SHOP CURRENCY and now also made anything exclusive to the JT store such as the Vegas Firebomb a from of P2W... 

You have not removed the lootbox problem just tried to hide it while making it worse when anyone sits and thinks about it.

Read the post and use your brain people and stop reading this post at face value and read the entire steam update, Thay have made the problem worse!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/113400/view/2488750270042049233

The sad thing about all this is that if you just made it so you could not buy JT from the store you would HAVE fixed the problem.

Edited by WingedArc
Post was not complete
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, WingedArc said:

So, Let me get this right... !!!YOU HAVE NOT REMOVED JOKER BOXES JUST MADE THEM MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

where are you getting more expensive? 

it looks like 50k jt (2500 x 20 for a guaranteed drop) is $100 usd, that’s the same price you would pay for a theoretical guaranteed legendary from current joker boxes (1% drop rate doesn’t translate exactly to 100 boxes per legendary but whatever)

the only difference is with this new system no one can get fucked over potentially forever by bad rng and never win a legendary weapon

18 minutes ago, Spy said:

So just to be clear: Aptart from the 7day/30day rentals,  howmany JT do we have to spent to get an instant permanent legendary?

50k joker tickets (2500 x 20 leases) for a guaranteed legendary but every legendary rental has a chance to win a permanent version, as far as i can tell

Edited by 404
typo

1 hour ago, WingedArc said:

Well, You had me until I heard you are going to be able to buy JT and when you buy JT you have a 1% chance to get a legendary fundamentally making them just a lootbox. Both of those things are an issue as you have made a NEW CASH SHOP CURRENCY and now also made anything exclusive to the JT store such as the Vegas Firebomb a from of P2W... 

You have not removed the lootbox problem just tried to hide it while making it worse when anyone sits and thinks about it.

Read the post and use your brain people and stop reading this post at face value and read the entire steam update, Thay have made the problem worse!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/113400/view/2488750270042049233

The sad thing about all this is that if you just made it so you could not buy JT from the store you would HAVE fixed the problem.

Maybe you should read the post instead of jumping on here immediately. You have a 5% chance for every 2500 JT (500 G1C) spent activating a 7 day trial on a legendary. It's not gambling, if you have the possibility to get it when the progress bar reaches 100% (at approximately 20 trials).

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, swft said:

Maybe you should read the post instead of jumping on here immediately. You have a 5% chance for every 2500 JT (500 G1C) spent activating a 7 day trial on a legendary. 

Maybe some people read 'a 95% chance of not getting that permanent drop'.

From a ‘wanna have now’ perspective like the loot boxes:

• 20x rentals = 50.000 JT
  • 50.000 JT in Armas = 10.000 G1C
  • 10.000 G1C is approximately $100 irl cash

So basicly in the worst case scenario your legendary will cost you $100 while there are loads of 3rd party websites who sell them for $50 or less. Eventho buyers know it’s against the rules the price difference is way to high and people will still buy from those sites. With this in mind it would not suprise me that legendaries in the ingame market will increase in price.

Edited by Spy
  • Thanks 1

Why only the one date and time?  Thats super silly.  Is there another date coming up?  I work 12 hour shifts on the weekends.... 😞

• Like 2

So even if i acquire the JT's, I'm not guaranteed the legendary. 

So It be like I can walk in and directly rent or own a ledgendary? 

Or is it still gonna be a Gamble?

It may not seem much to others but I'm into the Joker for 200 bucks n never got the ledgendary, Damn I was actually excited.   

3 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

It may not seem much to others but I'm into the Joker for 200 bucks n never got the ledgendary, Damn I was actually excited.   

Worst case scenario a legendary weapon will cost you $100 max.

Edited by Spy

23 minutes ago, Spy said:

So basicly in the worst case scenario your legendary will cost you $100 while there are loads of 3rd party websites who sell them for $50 or less. Eventho buyers know it’s against the rules the price difference is way to high and people will still buy from those sites. With this in mind it would not suprise me that legendaries in the ingame market will increase in price.

how exactly is this any worse than the current situation?

at least with this jt method there’s a guarantee of a legendary, all on its own that will likely keep some people from being tempted to break the tos

This patch is so good that I will give you a free week without my standard reply.

Edited by VanilleKeks

29 minutes ago, Spy said:

will cost you $100 max.

That aint gonna happen anytime soon. For instance the Volcano, ID be willing to spend up to 40 US for a guaranteed perm volcano..Max i would pay.

I already put too much down on the joker n got screwed, so I'm not gonna spend a dime more based on a percentage that I might win. 

Additionally I would only want a weapon that was unique and or authentic, leaving out the mp40 due to its sound. The New Glory is not all it was hyped up to be, the people using them had bots or so I think. The only thing they have that is the Volcano, which is unrealistic and the Hunter. Which I would have to have more motivation to complete my Marksman Role outside of being able to buy a site or a mod.

I guess I'll have to wait n see what they have going tomarro, by the time I get one they will have nerfed it.

Too Little Too Late. 

5 hours ago, WingedArc said:

the math literally says it's been made much better even under the absolute worst case scenario. 

5 hours ago, Spy said:

Maybe some people read 'a 95% chance of not getting that permanent drop'.

From a ‘wanna have now’ perspective like the loot boxes:

• 20x rentals = 50.000 JT
  • 50.000 JT in Armas = 10.000 G1C
  • 10.000 G1C is approximately $100 irl cash

This. The update has a good idea about removing lootboxes, but the % chance is still there. People will still have to spend money for a small %, only now with a roof limit of sorts.

The only thing that the 100$ cost does is put a maximum price on the chance of getting a gun. The problem is not just that black markets sell for less (I guess you did your research? i haven't seen a black market for APB, well actually never looked), but those guns JUST. AINT. WORTH. THAT MUCH.

For example. I can get a permanent osmaw for 10.000 tickets. But the volcano will cost me 50.000. Its not worth to invest in the volcano.

Also many legendary guns are just not good enough to be spending that much tickets or even having them. The ingame auction is full of people selling the legendaries for ever decreasing prices since nobody wants them because of how bad those are.

People can barely get 300ish tickets per week through fightclub since there are no players left and fightclub is zero players most of the time, and when it isn't it is always dominated by 3 or 4 people from questionable clans with questionable "skills" that apparently never get detected making the challenges a hell of a chore. Joker tickets are too hard to get right now to spend months grinding for 50k tickets and get a mediocre gun. I rather grind that much to get 5, yes five, guns of equal or better quality than just one legendary gun.

You will see what I'm talking about when no player spends tickets on some of the legendary guns ever. Because those are not good enough, or just not worthy if we can get a 100% chance equal or better non legendary version. 

Buffing the guns would still not fix this since buffing them enough that it would be worthy to invest 100$ on them would mean to break the game with unbalance issues.

I suggest you people adjust the prices of the legendary guns in both tickets and % of permanent drop chance according to how good they are, or how strong people want to have them. 

Edited by Musul Man
  • Like 3

To everyone whom I argued with to tell them to be patient on the joker boxes :

* hugs * I love you guys  - no really there was never any ill will intended - this is why I was being so difficult in saying to give them time and how Little Orbit would probably do something we did not expect.

It was on a recent thread and its been on my mind.  Hopefully now it is water under the bridge.

To Little Orbit :

My mind is blown I never seen something like this coming. thank you.

1 hour ago, Musul Man said:

This. The update has a good idea about removing lootboxes, but the % chance is still there. People will still have to spend money for a small %, only now with a roof limit of sorts.

The only thing that the 100$ cost does is put a maximum price on the chance of getting a gun. The problem is not just that black markets sell for less (I guess you did your research? i haven't seen a black market for APB, well actually never looked), but those guns JUST. AINT. WORTH. THAT MUCH.

For example. I can get a permanent osmaw for 10.000 tickets. But the volcano will cost me 50.000. Its not worth to invest in the volcano.

Also many legendary guns are just not good enough to be spending that much tickets or even having them. The ingame auction is full of people selling the legendaries for ever decreasing prices since nobody wants them because of how bad those are.

People can barely get 300ish tickets per week through fightclub since there are no players left and fightclub is zero players most of the time, and when it isn't it is always dominated by 3 or 4 people from questionable clans with questionable "skills" that apparently never get detected making the challenges a hell of a chore. Joker tickets are too hard to get right now to spend months grinding for 50k tickets and get a mediocre gun. I rather grind that much to get 5, yes five, guns of equal or better quality than just one legendary gun.

You will see what I'm talking about when no player spends tickets on some of the legendary guns ever. Because those are not good enough, or just not worthy if we can get a 100% chance equal or better non legendary version. 

Buffing the guns would still not fix this since buffing them enough that it would be worthy to invest 100$ on them would mean to break the game with unbalance issues.

I suggest you people adjust the prices of the legendary guns in both tickets and % of permanent drop chance according to how good they are, or how strong people want to have them. 

Sadly have to agree with almost all said. Some legendaries have chance never be seen on sale again after this, cuz... simply there's no reason to buy them.

Hm. Well I'd say I'm pleasantly surprised! Things have been unbearably slow for a good bit now. So it's nice to see some changes finally making their way down the pipeline.

Bit shocked too. Nice to see something in the same vein of what the community has been asking for since, uh, well a while. Hell I had my own suggestion, and so did others, for a system similar to this in the old SPCT forums in 2015-ish. Saw what felt like dozens of similar in the regular suggestions over the years too. Anyways, my point is Gamersfirst/G1 never listened about it. You guys did.

Edited by Genobee