Sakebee

Legendary Beta Patch Announcement

This is actually incredible. Thanks for doing this as the joker boxes were absolutely horrible. I'm super excited about the beta as well! 

Can't wait for my decals 😄 

When I first started reading this I was disappointed that JMBs were being removed, but damn the replacement for them is so much better!  This is all amazing news.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt, just please take note that JMBs are the only way to get a Dolton Fresno D400.  Please throw the D400 up on Armas and maybe add a tradable one to the joker store 🙂 

Kewlin made a thread about it. 

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Damn, I unfortunately have work during the beta.

Will the FFA R&D III be available from Joker Distribution? It's a legendary and was only obtainable from special JMBs.

wow nice i can stop heckling orbit about joker boxes now

honestly a great change, and i'm looking forward to even more jt additions soon

• Like 1

This looks promising! Keep up the good work guys ❤

Will OCSP joker and ffa rd be available on joker store as well? 

@Sakebee

Downloaded. Tested launching to see what the main menu looks like. Game crashes at launch. Nice!

Should I add this to the bug report thread or wait until the 27th? I run the live version above 100fps most of the time.

I would revise the bug report template. The example does not match the format which might confuse the users and staff. I would also add system specs and dxdiag. For example:

System Specs:

CPU: Xeon X5690

RAM: 24GB DDR3

GPU: GTX 1080
Dxdiag Link: https://pastebin.com/

Another potential issue is APB beta requires administrative rights to launch the game, even from the binaries. Could this limitation be removed? I understand the launcher needing it to update the game, but it should not need it to run. PUBG and other games that use Battleye do not ask for admin rights. Are user configurations and asset cache still stored in the application folder? If so, I would move the user configs to the %appdata% folder so each user on the PC has their own configuration. Move the assetcache folder to %temp%.

What'll happen to the Golden JMB loyalty rewards? I'm assuming they'll be removed?

Maybe replaced with a code for like, 250 JTs? Nudge Nudge Hint Hint?

LO has come a long way with the Engine, I'm glad that its finally able to be tested by everyone. Please keep in mind that your feedback matters more than ever now, So PLEASE give your feedback on anything you like, dislike or anything that doesn't match the behavior on live.

Excited to see you all on the Beta 😃

• Like 2

The most exciting news we've had in years.

Let's hope BattlEye holds up.
Bring back EAC.

• Like 1

i kept saying in social "buying all legendary guns 25k each" but nobody would listen, now you will be getting nothing

it would help if you guys could add a download link with the information for the OTW Version. i have it downloaded but for those who can't find it - would be awesome!!

Here we go!

Remember to share any feedback you have about the beta, positive or negative feedback! 🙏

See you all on the Open Beta! 🥳

• Like 1

notice: fights for survival in dumpster still works

Wow, what a change for legendary weapons and JMB's. Very nice move guys. Loving this!

About fucking time the lootboxes were removed. That being said, I definitely was not expecting the legendaries to be made free-to-play guns. You've earned quite a great deal of respect from me for that decision, good job. You could've just tossed them into ARMAS proper (and even charged a premium price on them) like every other free-to-play game, but you resisted that temptation.

Also, I want to mirror @Xnetexe question of whether or not the FFA R&D III will be in the new shop. As someone who worked their patootie off for almost a year, and spent an ungodly amount of real cash on JMBs to get legendaries for selling/trading, to get one... I would really like to hear that others will be able to also enjoy this gun. It'll make my effort feel all the more rewarding to know that, and I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely want others to have the option to enjoy this gun, which I consider to be better than the normal OBIR due to the reduced zoom.

Lastly, I want to bring more emphasis to @BrandonBranderson and @Kewlin posts about the Dolton Fresno D400. It's going to be impossible to obtain (like a few other cars already are) if nothing is done to fix the issue. Ideally, the other cars are also fixed in the process.

Edited by Hexerin