Sign in to follow this  
Elitist1337

Release the Beta ASAP (with explanation)

APB Reloaded 2.1 beta needs to be released ASAP

I looked at the tracking engine upgrade thread, what I feel is the team is trying to get it "Perfect" before releasing, this is an extremely bad approach. 

You cannot make something perfect, bugs and crashes exists in every software, the only way to get things improved as fast as possible is to let public test it and stress your product. The diversity and increased number of testers will be a lot better than what you guys are doing now, especially when everyone has a different spec (PC only).

No need to worry about crash, worry about how much disappointment you guys generate if tracking engine progress reaches #52 weeks and still not having a beta. Beta is a test of a product , not a final product, users are expected to encounter issues, and you guys are here to listen and fix them, the current small amount of testers and idealizing fixing everything you see before releasing is almost like a production update instead of bug. 

If you are worried about players not willing to test the beta, then give rewards for their participation.

We all know what the game current state is, the longer the engine update takes, the later the core mechanic can be improved. Beta is always flawed, don't be scared about the feedback, releasing what can be seen and touched by public is better than public seeing something with depthless void, people will lose their patience if you just post every week and talk about fixing crashes. 

• Like 6

i'm fairly sure that's pretty well what they intend to do ,

but the game has to at least be in a reasonably stable and playable state before they can release it

or people just wouldn't be bothered with it as most just want to play the game not bug fix it

As far as I know, new matchmaking system not yet done.

If that's true, are u sure about the release? 

13 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

As far as I know, new matchmaking system not yet done.

If that's true, are u sure about the release? 

The new matchmaking system (phasing) is not going to be released along with the engine upgrade anyway iirc.

10 hours ago, Elitist1337 said:

APB Reloaded 2.1 beta needs to be released ASAP

I looked at the tracking engine upgrade thread, what I feel is the team is trying to get it "Perfect" before releasing, this is an extremely bad approach. 

You cannot make something perfect, bugs and crashes exists in every software, the only way to get things improved as fast as possible is to let public test it and stress your product. The diversity and increased number of testers will be a lot better than what you guys are doing now, especially when everyone has a different spec (PC only).

No need to worry about crash, worry about how much disappointment you guys generate if tracking engine progress reaches #52 weeks and still not having a beta. Beta is a test of a product , not a final product, users are expected to encounter issues, and you guys are here to listen and fix them, the current small amount of testers and idealizing fixing everything you see before releasing is almost like a production update instead of bug. 

If you are worried about players not willing to test the beta, then give rewards for their participation.

We all know what the game current state is, the longer the engine update takes, the later the core mechanic can be improved. Beta is always flawed, don't be scared about the feedback, releasing what can be seen and touched by public is better than public seeing something with depthless void, people will lose their patience if you just post every week and talk about fixing crashes. 

already being considered.

Though I agree with you that it needs to be released ASAP, and though what you say about a large number of testers and a variety of hardware is correct, but some issues cannot be released to Beta, if the game crashes consistently at a common part, the Beta will be unplayable at all, and the data gathered will report the same crash over and over again, only giving chance for people to be grumpy, and less change for them to play the beta.

That's why a better approach may be to fix known reproduce-able crashes, as they're probably game blockers, then release it with lower severity or reproduction issues, and even lack of minor features

I dislike the idea - I think it should be more stable, otherwise there's probably going to be a influx of tickets such as "Game crashed doing X" "I lost all my stuff because of X" and things like that.

Asylum is being tested right now, and the game needs work.

No one knows how action districts are gonna work out with players in them. It needs some more time, be patient.

Edited by GhosT
nevermind lol

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

To the OP: 
Okay.

If I hear SINGLE moan from them over beta, I will deal with them, don't you worry.

(I warned them)

Edited by Mitne

Sign in to follow this