cheater

The switch from EAC to Battleye marks the death of this game

Changing from a decent anti cheat to an anticheat that allows you cheating freely is the best choice you guys could've made. So what if you were not using all the EAC features? does it seem like a good idea to switch to a non working anti cheat? Battleye been out a week and Ive encountered more cheaters than I did during the whole time EAC ran.
also take a look at the numbers, up until the announcement of switching from EAC to BE, Citadel had around ~850 players peak time, after the announcement, it started declining steadily to  ~650 now. Who knows, we might hit the 400 mark like it happened 2 years ago before LO acquired this game.
Well done LO, yet once again you succeeded in destroying this game a little bit more. 

P.S.: didnt you guys say it was weeks time for us to test the engine? its been 2 months since that announcement. 

P.S.S: you guys said that you cant macro with BE, did it ever come across your mind that people macro with their legitimate mouse software and not everyone uses 3rd party programs? 

Edited by cheater
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

this:

On 6/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, MattScott said:

Anti-cheat will always a work in progress.

We will continue to iterate on this.

We need a level playing field for players to have fun.

Thanks,

Matt

We're slowly approaching the old days of ffbans without the ffbans part. It will take a bit more time for it to get that bad again but I've already seen more than enough both in-game and outside of it to know that we're going nowhere good. EAC was one of the key requirements for APB to make it into anything and its now gone for good. But its important to note that it isn't LO's fault for this as it was EAC that dropped APB and not the other way around.

• Like 5

I also see less people playing jericho, but that's because THERE ARE LESS CHEATERS PLAYING.

I saw some triggerbotters with EAC and now they are gone with BE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

I also see less people playing jericho, but that's because THERE ARE LESS CHEATERS PLAYING.

I saw some triggerbotters with EAC and now they are gone with BE.

That's such a terrible excuse. We already know for a fact that BE doesn't stop actual cheats like aimbot/silent aim/wallhack of all types and triggerbots nearly as well as EAC did. Without playing NA I can promise you that that's nothing but placebo.

40 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

this:

means shit because they said it last time and ended up switching to EAC cause they couldnt do anything decent with BE.

• Like 1

Anyone that thinks BE is remotely better than EAC really need to get their facts together. BE isn't even catching triggerbots or macros like Matt said. I'm even inclined to say that BE is on manual mode for the time being, but can't be sure without actually testing (which I'm not going to do for obvious reasons).

Anyways, we are back to having semi-private cheats running rampant very shortly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flaws said:

That's such a terrible excuse. We already know for a fact that BE doesn't stop actual cheats like aimbot/silent aim/wallhack of all types and triggerbots nearly as well as EAC did. Without playing NA I can promise you that that's nothing but placebo.

didn't Matt say that EAC had problems catching triggerbotters?

believe me, they are gone now.

I don't think the loss in average players comes from switching anti-cheats.

Mostly people going back to do stuff they couldn't do in the past months because of COVID-19.

Honestly though, I would rather have EAC back aswell.

• Like 1

well in very known cheating forum you can find that EAC has a vournebility which works for over 3 years straight. Both anticheats are shit BE and EAC but Matt tell us he has some another internal measurements except BE whic hshould be just to prevent lazy external access to the game. As i think Matt should as fast create or buy or whatever with serverside solution which will get informations about suspected players and report them automatickly for review and after some time it could even to this automatickly if good AI will be written

PS. AutoIt and AHK is blocked now 🙂 thats why i have no issues yesterday by playing on silver districts lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

didn't Matt say that EAC had problems catching triggerbotters?

believe me, they are gone now.

The only problem is that APB is too old and too shit to have EAC's server side implemented, which is what would catch triggerbots easily in most cases. We were only running the client side and it was the best period of APB to date (regarding cheaters). Now we're back to a shitty client side which doesn't detect anything and is relatively easy to bypass.

I don't believe you because I'm clearly seeing the slow but gradual growth of cheaters on Citadel. And even if "the triggerbotters are gone" (which they aren't), the tradeoff isn't worth it whatsoever because now we have semi-private full package cheats (aimbots, wallhacks, triggerbots, etc) that work flawlessly and don't get you banned regardless of how hard you're cheating with it. I've seen it with my own eyes, I know it for a fact.

• Like 1

Something has to be done for sure, but let's not get too hasty here about the death of this game, it has to be alive for that first. It's no exaggeration that BattlEye isn't performing as well as EAC, but hopefully the "much awaited" engine update will bring some players back. 
Just so you know LO, and this is a big IF. 
IF the game releases it's new engine and IF streamers that have more than ten viewers pick it up ( no offence my APB streamers) , you SHOULD take care of the anti cheat as soon as possible, as the game otherwise will just be thrown as a "game full of cheater noobs" and not really lure in a lot of people.
Just kinda sad I don't even wanna hop on right now before that anymore, as playing with blatant cheaters isn't fun. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Something has to be done for sure, but let's not get too hasty here about the death of this game, it has to be alive for that first. It's no exaggeration that BattlEye isn't performing as well as EAC, but hopefully the "much awaited" engine update will bring some players back. 
Just so you know LO, and this is a big IF. 
IF the game releases it's new engine and IF streamers that have more than ten viewers pick it up ( no offence my APB streamers) , you SHOULD take care of the anti cheat as soon as possible, as the game otherwise will just be thrown as a "game full of cheater noobs" and not really lure in a lot of people.
Just kinda sad I don't even wanna hop on right now before that anymore, as playing with blatant cheaters isn't fun. 

much awaited engine that was promised to be tested in weeks time 2 months ago? dude not even the engine will help this game if we keep running an anticheat that just launches and doesnt even stop you from using cheats. The fact that to bypass it you need to just do 3 mouse clicks in task manager just shows how good of a solution it is :).

Why didn't they choose FACEIT instead of going back to BE? That's my question

54 minutes ago, Benguin said:

tiggs was the best anti cheat apb ever had

There won't be any cheaters if we just ban all the players!

Since battle eye was brought back, suddenly the game became easier. I saw a lot less level 255's around, some of my friends on the other hand have been experiencing crashes because of battle eye. Both have admitted to cheating in the past and even having the cheats completely removed.

So I would say Battle Eye is doing a lot better than Easy Anti Cheat. 

People are streaming themselves aimbotting and wallhacking on twitch

• Like 3

Na. The loss in players is a few new games coming out, Covid restrictions being lifted so those boost in numbers for all games are dropping, and also just moving about seasonally as always.

• Thanks 3

After playing this game for a number of years, my experience has been,

that after switching to a new Anti Cheat, there is a drop in population.

It is anyone's guess as to why.

• Players had decided to play another game   (/shrug)
  • Players were banned   (they will be missed)
  • Players decided to lay low as they test "throw-away" accounts
  • Players are waiting to hear if the "coast is clear", with the appropriate settings of course

I am confident that the population will come back to the same levels as it was prior to the switch to BE,

and some highly skilled players will be back to challenge us all.

Life is good.  😃

Edited by Westford

9 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

People are streaming themselves aimbotting and wallhacking on twitch

I hope you reported them both to twitch and to LO.

• Thanks 1