On 6/20/2020 at 1:31 PM, Resine said:

Thanks for suggestions, I will try FAR next year or so when I will get 10k JK from getting 3 JT each mission.

I'd suggest the obeya if the Far is out of reach (like it is for most people). The obeya has always been a strong gun. Even out classes the old ntec at mid range. Even in cqc a shot or two before switching to your pistol gives huge advantages. The red mod is up to you between cj3 and ir3. Apart from that i personally like mob-sling on it. Makes cornering a little easier and leaves you less susceptible to being shot while peaking due to the extra movement. If not that then 3 point sling. I personally recommend HS3, CJ3, and mob-sling.

There is the shaw as well. I'm not the best at it but my friend put alot of hours into it. Its definitely good. Don't use muzzle break though. Alot of people run it when its really not needed. Its more for if you're lazy. Cooling jacket is strong for bursting. You can also not run a red mod and go with mag pull. The shaw is pretty versitile when it comes to mods like the ntec. So you may find that enjoyable.

If you wanted something more ntec then the FAR would be your go to. Its pretty much a pre G1/RP nerfed ntec. But as you stated no JTs so obviously not an option.

Hope this helps.

Edited by RespectThis

i see n-tec  n-tec n-tec i say ATEC 100% on 1 to 35m 

face to face no cover atec melts n-tec users  try it with a friend

Edited by StraaZi

On 6/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

while there has been an increase in FAR usage, it is still much less than the amount of NTEC's in game.

Well, N-tec is free, and most people have 2-3 reskins of it from various events and what not. I tested out FAR, I think tap fire is about the same, it felt like you are worse on burst firing since the weapon takes longer to recover it's bloom than N-tec does and mag is smaller, but in return you have less recoil, better base accuracy, less bloom, less maximum bloom.

I did enjoy it for a while, but now is gone pufff..

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Ntec still dominates the field. Ntec is the only answer.

The FAR is currently king.
It does everything the ntec does, and does it as good or better.

4 hours ago, Resine said:

Well, N-tec is free, and most people have 2-3 reskins of it from various events and what not. I tested out FAR, I think tap fire is about the same, it felt like you are worse on burst firing since the weapon takes longer to recover it's bloom than N-tec does and mag is smaller, but in return you have less recoil, better base accuracy, less bloom, less maximum bloom.

I did enjoy it for a while, but now is gone pufff..

NTEC's tap fire is faster than the FAR's, though the difference will be somewhat slight depending on range, and if the NTEC user knows how to tap fire accurately. (NTEC TAP fire for perfect accuracy is .19s intervals, i sadly cannot test the FAR's through macro anymore due to the recent LO changes with BE and not wanting to risk my account.) Though I'd assume the FAR's is going to be similar or slower. The STAR has the same recovery as the FAR, but it should have a slightly lower per shot cap, so while it's slightly less accurate than the FAR base accuracy wise, i think it blooms less than the FAR overall. Also note that the FAR only has .05 more accuracy in marksman mode. So you could just as easily use the STAR to almost the same usage.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The FAR is currently king.
It does everything the ntec does, and does it as good or better.

Does this include the STAR now? Or are we going to pretend that like 90% of the FAR's stats "aren't" identical to the star?

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Does this include the STAR now? Or are we going to pretend that like 90% of the FAR's stats "aren't" identical to the star?

Is this a joke?
I don't want to be mean if its a joke, but the FAR is on a completely different level than the STAR and I don't know how you could be unaware of this.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Is this a joke?
I don't want to be mean if its a joke, but the FAR is on a completely different level than the STAR and I don't know how you could be unaware of this.

Cookie, I've already tried to explain it my man and its like yelling at a wall. Borus for some reason refuses to accept that its different than the star. Even though it very much is.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Is this a joke?

If we're being honest lxjIEtD.png

I also calculated the difference in shots between the STAR and FAR and the FAR doesn't gain a "bonus" shot over the STAR until the Star is on it's 14th bullet where the FAR is on it's 15th. (The .70 vs .75 ttk at 1.75 (14 star shots v 15 FAR). I'm well aware that the FAR if firing at "exact same time" fires faster (which doesn't actually happen realistically).

I'm well aware of the differences, as i've played both extensively along with the NTEC, its either placebo, or that the .7 TTK, faster reload, smaller mag, and 0.05 accuracy modifier on the FAR just makes it feel a billion times better. STAR should actually be more accurate spraying in cqc in mm due to smaller bloom.

I'm going to go with placebo, that is unless the 0.05 matters "that much" for ttk and accuracy.

And if you want to argue hunting sight, its still only a .3 vs .35 to the marksman modifier.

Realistically, you should be doing almost just as good with the STAR as you would the FAR. So if you aren't pulling almost the exact same numbers, then you're probably not playing it right.

Edited by Noob_Guardian