Since NTec got nerfed, what is most reliable mid range gun in your opinion?

FAR by Far, it even has accurate mid-air marksman base accuracy which is one of the things that was changed with the ntec nerf (FAR is the new ntec basically)

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Thanks 1

FAR combines the strengths of the STAR and NTEC, without their weaknesses. That being said, it has less range and a smaller magazine, so has a bit of an adjusting curve when picked up at first.

• Thanks 1

N-TEC is still top of the game...

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

FAR combines the strengths of the STAR and NTEC, without their weaknesses. That being said, it has less range and a smaller magazine, so has a bit of an adjusting curve when picked up at first.

Not really, both them are totally different weapon , FAR is mainly just a STAR with the TTK of a N-TEC.

The recoil recovery of the NTEC make it still better than FAR in medium ranges, and from my tests without red mods (such as IR3, CJ3 etc) FAR seem perform better.

2 hours ago, Resine said:

Mid range is a mess word, except the old Ntec that was a really JACK-of-all-trades for his versatility, performed well from CQC to medium/ long ranges ("basically".. u didnt may need to switch to your secondary XD).

All other weapons such as Obeya, FAR, N-SSW, ATAC, NTEC, "OSCAR" are all good guns and work well in medium range, but some have better degree performance in  closer ranges and others in longer ranges.

The choice, It's just a matter of your playstyle,  map/location and secondary

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uhh, N-TEC. Not even joking. Nerf doesn't always mean "omg its useless now!!!"

But the FAR, NSSW, Obeya, OBIR and comparable are still perfect alternatives, though they lack CQC-abilities and/or long range abilities, which the N-TEC still has.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

Wow it's almost like nerfing the N-tec doesn't matter or solve anything because the issue is actually with the other guns not being easily accessible and need brought up to the level of the only other easily obtainable free AR besides the STAR.

Crazy. I wonder why nobody told LO that for months?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AR97 'Misery' with HS3, IR3 (or CJ3) and MS is actually very good for mid-range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

Uhh, N-TEC. Not even joking. Nerf doesn't always mean "omg its useless now!!!"

But the FAR, NSSW, Obeya, OBIR and comparable are still perfect alternatives, though they lack CQC-abilities and/or long range abilities, which the N-TEC still has.

FAR doesn't lack cqc abilities. Why are you talking about long range abilities when OP requested about mid range guns???

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

AR97 'Misery' with HS3, IR3 (or CJ3) and MS is actually very good for mid-range.

The misery remind me sort of old Obeya but with less range and higher ttk

I dont know... but I have like the impression need at least a less shot for becoming at least meta, misery is still a  misery XD

@GhosT FAR is so much better in CQC than the N-TEC ever was, you can literally just hold LMB, consistently.

1 shot of OBIR in CQC puts you at 500hp, so you switch to your secondary and finish the kill.

You can literally just spray the Obeya in CQC without ADSing and get a kill in a last resort situation.

Are you sure you're playing the same game as everyone else, or just coming on the forums without even touching the game for years and formulating an opinion?

8 hours ago, Resine said:

If we're talking "solely" mid-rage. Obeya and FAR (by extension possibly star). Obir is still strong when used right as well.

If we're talking "versatility" and ease of use, Obeya and FAR, Star will have slightly more effort put into it, and same with OBIR.

If we're talking CQC effectiveness as a primary without pistol switching, it would be ATAC, FAR/STAR, Obeya, Obir.

Yes, i havn't listed other Rifles such as the Misery (simply because i'm not really familiar with it currently)

NTEC isn't trash tier, and it's still considered one of the if not the best midrange weapons. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing it so much, and people wouldn't be suggesting it still to new players. So to the nay sayers who are salty because CQC capabilities got hit, CQC doesn't effect midrange effectiveness. Now, if you want a to use something better in cqc, there are those options, otherwise full midrange would be NTEC/OBEYA/OBIR.

20 minutes ago, swft said:

@GhosT FAR is so much better in CQC than the N-TEC ever was, you can literally just hold LMB, consistently.

1 shot of OBIR in CQC puts you at 500hp, so you switch to your secondary and finish the kill.

You can literally just spray the Obeya in CQC without ADSing and get a kill in a last resort situation.

Are you sure you're playing the same game as everyone else, or just coming on the forums without even touching the game for years and formulating an opinion?

Star has almost identical stats to the FAR, aside from the accuracy, bloom modifier (recovery is the same), and ammo.

It does the exact same kind of spray as the FAR in cqc.

51 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

FAR doesn't lack cqc abilities. Why are you talking about long range abilities when OP requested about mid range guns???

Because midrange guns cover cqc-mid (0~65m) to cqc-long (0-90m), and because most midrange guns such as obeya and obir are effective at LONG range as well as mid. A FAR for example would lose to an obeya at 65-80m (Or at least should if the user isn't bad or lacking cover)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

IStar has almost identical stats to the FAR, aside from the accuracy, bloom modifier (recovery is the same), and ammo.

It does the exact same kind of spray as the FAR in cqc.

Yes and let's just ignore the fact that the FAR has the same TTK as the N-TEC, right? Please just stop replying to my every post about the FAR, thank you.

1 minute ago, swft said:

Yes and let's just ignore the fact that the FAR has the same TTK as the N-TEC, right? Please just stop replying to my every post about the FAR, thank you.

a .5TTK difference isn't a massive difference btw, yes FAR has the same TTK as ntec, it also has the same TTK as the OCA and ATAC, are you going to leave ATAC out of the equation when it sprays better than the FAR with the same TTK?

FAR also doesn't have the same midrange TTK as the NTEC because its slower recovery. It's called a trade-off.

I'll stop replying to forum posts when people stop posting.

I forgot to vote..

If your a good connection, aim/tapfiring (not my case v.v), OSCAR is very good all-aN around weapon

10 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

a .5TTK difference isn't a massive difference btw, yes FAR has the same TTK as ntec, it also has the same TTK as the OCA and ATAC, are you going to leave ATAC out of the equation when it sprays better than the FAR with the same TTK?

FAR also doesn't have the same midrange TTK as the NTEC because its slower recovery. It's called a trade-off.

I'll stop replying to forum posts when people stop posting.

The mid-range trade-off is nowhere near as good as you think it is. Overall, the FAR is superior to the N-TEC. It has a way lower skill ceiling and shreds in CQC which is where most action is played anyway. In the early mid-range you can still pull off some "hold LMB to kill" type kills based on favorable RNG that is not possible with the N-TEC.

Anything you throw at this argument is just pure stat comparisons that you do not correlate with actual gameplay, and that's not how you discuss game balance in 2020. Feel > Stats, any day.

3 minutes ago, swft said:

The mid-range trade-off is nowhere near as good as you think it is. Overall, the FAR is superior to the N-TEC. It has a way lower skill ceiling and shreds in CQC which is where most action is played anyway. In the early mid-range you can still pull off some "hold LMB to kill" type kills based on favorable RNG that is not possible with the N-TEC.

Anything you throw at this argument is just pure stat comparisons that you do not correlate with actual gameplay, and that's not how you discuss game balance in 2020. Feel > Stats, any day.

So here's a question, why is it bad that the FAR is so called "better" than the NTEC now that the NTEC got a cqc nerf?

Far was imo more balanced than the NTEC was, as it was a hybrid between STAR and the NTEC (despite heavily having the same stats as the STAR). NTEC can burst fire/tap for those kills in cqc, granted it's slower and generally using a pistol may be more smart, you know, because weapons have weaknesses and you have to accommodate for such weaknesses with a gameplay change. This does NOT however, reduce the NTEC's midrange capabilities over the FAR, and many still prefer the NTEC over the FAR. We can argue that FAR is superior, yet actual gameplay shows that while there has been an increase in FAR usage, it is still much less than the amount of NTEC's in game. It also hasn't increased the amount of STAR's which have pretty similar stats aside from that ttk, accuracy, and mag size, which if you wanted a weapon that operated similar to the far in cqc effectiveness it would be the "easiest" replacement. Yet we havn't seen that ingame either.

If anything, the NTEC could have a partial "reversion" and still be balanced, however seeing as there's not a ton of people flocking to other weapons than the NTEC and only a slight change in other weapon usage at least on Jericho. I'd be hard pressed to believe that NTEC is very much "worse" than the FAR.

What are the best Joker Weapon and a good Secondery for when i have a Mid Range Weapon?

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

So here's a question, why is it bad that the FAR is so called "better" than the NTEC now that the NTEC got a cqc nerf?

why is it bad that the best ARs are now mostly armas/jt only?

idk man

Thanks for suggestions, I will try FAR next year or so when I will get 10k JK from getting 3 JT each mission.