Sign in to follow this  
FakeBungo

rockets curve toward players/cars/pedestrians

steps to reproduce
1. get osmaw 2. fire rocket using car as cover or nearby a teammate 3. result: u blow urself up or teamkill somebody u werent aiming at cos the rocket curves for some reason and doesnt go straight

OSMAW rockets don’t curve, something tells me you actually haven’t played the game or encountered a OSMAW. It will quite literally travel in a straight line. 

No he's right, if you sit close to a car and fire it'll fire at a wrong angle, but in a straight line, an issue probably dating all the way back to RTW

• Thanks 1

It looks like this. I already had that in several games and it can be very annoying.

JqZD35T.png

This is a bug so old that I can vouch for it existing since I started playing in 2011.

Whenever you are aiming too close to a car, the rocket will fire with an angle opposite to the position of the car. It is annoying as hell, as you can see in the screenshot above, and it could mean life or death.

One time I suspected it was a broken feature that would stop you from firing if you were going to hit the hitbox of a car you were too close to, stopping you from dying, and the devs just forgot to adjust it properly and add the unable to fire function, or probably realised the best way was to leave that as it was and let the player kill himself if he wanted or he made a mistake (which is the way to go). But then I realised that I was not even aiming at the hitbox, otherwise in the same position I wouldn't be able to shoot with guns.

Anyways, it could be hitbox related. So this could be a bigger issue, I don't know. The devs should look at what this is and at the cars' hitboxes vs rockets.

• Thanks 1

yes this is a bug with all missle/projectile type of things grenades missles bricks etc. same goes if you stay close to a wall and try to jump throw grenade pass it