Ten years old, same two maps. New map somewhere on the horizon? Regardless of what people say, that is really what will be required to have people come back for more than a few days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the current maps aren't even balanced out properly... sure, you'll never get 100% perfect balancing, but waterfront alone needs a lot of spots reworked...

also, you'd have to fill a new map with new contacts, and tons of new content.

LO already said they'd wait with a new map for the reasons above.

but they are keeping an eye on a fanmade project, midtown.
if we'll ever see a new map, it would most likely be this one.

• Like 2

I'd really really like a new map. Financial got boring a long time ago and Waterfront doesn't hold up anymore.

Though that would be a really bad thing to do with the population, even if you put all contacts on the new map. Spreads it out too far.

• Like 1

LO won’t have that kind of resources to be poured into venturing a new map. I mean if 2.1 manages to bring in lots of ppl and revive the game, there might be a chance. 🙄

they should recreate my neighborhood, I’d know all of the good spots

Would adding a new map be a good idea? The old two maps Financial and Waterfront could be abandoned, players who would want to rank up could have a hard time. Maybe instead of adding a new complete map, they could instead add new places to the two existing maps

• Like 2

Not today, but definetly someday later

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Would adding a new map be a good idea? The old two maps Financial and Waterfront could be abandoned, players who would want to rank up could have a hard time. Maybe instead of adding a new complete map, they could instead add new places to the two existing maps

This is a better idea - refresh what we've got rather than starting from scratch and causing even more split with the community. 

Although, if they'd just let us level any contact in any district, that would solved any issues and we could have all the maps we could eat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

if they'd just let us level any contact in any district...

I too would like to delete waterfront.

• Like 1

Two maps? Someone actually enjoy waterfront?

Game barely has the population to support one of the two maps we already have at any given time. Adding a third map would be just about the worst decision they could make.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Game barely has the population to support one of the two maps we already have at any given time. Adding a third map would be just about the worst decision they could make.

do you really think what few maps we have are enough to get more new players to stay?

Little by little this game needs to grow content wise or it just wont work. its been ten years of the same  maps to play.

if the fan made midtown gets adopted in then it would not be hard to fill new contacts with new car kits and clothing , and to spread out current content as well by shuffling items around like moving some guns to a new district to unlock so that its more worthwhile to be there.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for APB considering recent changes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for APB considering recent changes.

cant please everybody

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

cant please everybody

Even if we look past the horrible weapon changes that are completely disconnected from reality, the switch to an inferior anti-cheat which lets players cheat blatantly for weeks/months on end concerns all of us equally. I don't see APB going anywhere without a good anti-cheat considering that cheating has always been one of the top problems in APB. I've already seen enough this past week to know where we're heading again.

Anyway, I do not want to derail the thread but I just think that hoping for new districts is unrealistic at this stage. Not to mention that Financial and Waterfront were made by completely different people, a decade ago, who had a very different vision. If LO were to start work on a new district it probably wouldn't be of the same "aesthetic quality" (for a lack of better wording) as the ones we already have. It is too big of an undertaking considering all the other problems that are plaguing APB that require quick response. I've said it before - both us and them needed to focus on the most urgent issues and not on "racing district", "social minigames" or "new map" etc. There would be time for that later if things ever even got to that stage.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:16 PM, Benguin said:

yes zombie pony beach district would be great

why not 😄 ? 
everybody loves ponyes and beach.

• Like 1

It wouldnt be a good idea with this low population.
Either way, I would rather prefer Financial and Waterfront rework. Not just rebalancing a certain places, but reworking them.. changing some parts of the maps over time with small updates adding or changing something.. closing roads, or adding temporary holes, constructions, destruction, access to some places etc.

I agree. I can't look at the same old maps longer than a few minutes but it's unlikely. Maybe small FC map at best

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 AM, Benguin said:

Only if we get tanks and choppers and helicopters and a zombie pve mode.

10 hours ago, Flaws said:

Plus they have already shown that their work on 'new maps' is quite poor. An example being the hilarious changes done to social and financial during the Riot district stuff.

• Like 1

Well I can't just not use this opportunity to talk about my work can I 

Right now I'm working on something to make a new map something possible.

The initial idea is to take a map that was supposed to be part of the game - Midtown

I've been working on this project on and off for some time now and got quite far with it

33685d60f020565bbb1799ad5264d297.jpg

Although the main issue here will be population and Matt Scott already spoke about it 

Unless there will be a boost in player count there is no point of releasing a new map unfortunately

But I'm desperate to finish it so there will be a small chance if at all...

Anyways you can read more about the project if you click the link in my signature

|

Edited by Ellix
  • Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, Loaf-of-Evil said:

Ten years old, same two maps. New map somewhere on the horizon? Regardless of what people say, that is really what will be required to have people come back for more than a few days. 

i hope they will add some new map or better they will balance financial and waterfront that will be better

On 6/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, Benguin said:

Is this a joke?

46 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Is this a joke?

no, every san paro citizen should get a free pony