Flight

Discussion: Beta First Impressions

2 minutes ago, Hiz said:

There are some good uses of 4:3 res in some games, like CS:GO, and CRT monitors can be better than LCD/LED, since they have no latency issues, the image quality can be as good or even better and they can have really high (i mean REALLY HIGH) refresh rates, speacially at lower resolutions.

I do understand and agree that is ancient tecnology, and has no place nowdays, but still, this is a 2010 game, where 4:3 was accepted, and LO could add some form of customization for the HUD, since that seem to be the problem, with "more text".

proper LCDs also doesnt have the low refreshrate as they are set out to be, they infact are very capable of higher refreshrates than the common end-user LED screens, and while i do agree with that the game and its former glory was never even intended for the full HD screen, i have to make the point also that the goal with the engine upgrade is to refresh, renew, and bring it up to snuff with latter years standards, albeit not ue4. while they did say they want it to still be playable on the same variety of hardware as before, in the long run this is just not feasible, do we really want the art team to close up shop for x amount of weeks just to cater to the 0.1 percentile that wants to run the game on their mothers old microwave oven?, been acceptable doesnt have to mean it needs to still be so. technology advances, and csgo players that run the resolution does so in most cases for the sole reason that they dont want to retrain their musclememory from cs1.6, everything needs to move on at some point and this is a good time to say goodbye to 1024x768. 

• Like 2

I'd say as soon as the main crashes are fixed, release the Beta.  Since it's on a separate client then people who go through the extra effort to download and participate in it will know that it's just beta and not final.  I don't think first impressions are too important for a beta.

• Like 1

If there's no real full screen mode, I'm out. Gsync/Freesync doesn't work for me well on windowed or borderless.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 4:25 PM, spher3 said:

the preference to run on 1024x768 is ancient hardware. why would you ever play that resolution if you could have high fps on something that doesnt net you black bars on any screen of this day and age, we have come a long way since 4:3 and CRT monitors

EDIT: Dont press dislike because of the truth please 🙂
https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide
it is the absolute least used resolution worldwide, falling slightly behind 1280x1024

that is DESKTOP resolution. Players in games very often use 1024x768. A lot of players on apb have their res as 1024x768. Whether it be for that extra fps stability or just because they like it. Players like tarik, kennyS, and JacKz in csgo's pro scene use 1024x768 as a res(all players in top 10 teams)There's a reason for it. It fits their liking. Also, black bars or stretched is another preference. I don't see why remove it.