Sakebee

Joker Employee Design Challenge

Joker Store renovations began this week, and the observant among you may have noticed that Joker Corp has begun hiring already. Anne Partridge is hanging around the shop to begin her training. But she won’t be alone for long! Joker Corp is looking for 10 new salespeople from the streets of San Paro. That’s where you guys come in.

Joker Corp only wants the most interesting employees representing them on the sales floor, so we are opening things up to our community of talented designers. We are looking for 10 fresh designs that look like they could be a citizen of San Paro, and we are offering a 5000 Joker Ticket bounty for each design we choose!

Here is how to enter:

• Reply to this thread with pictures of your contact (front and back)
  • Include a small blurb about your character’s backstory (optional). How do they fit onto the city of San Paro?
  • Please don't use any copyrighted material other than APB or our lore
  • Designs must be submitted within 10 days (5pm PDT on 6/21) to be considered
  • Matt Scott will be personally choosing the characters he likes best to add to the game!

Please note – don’t send Matt DM’s about the contest. We will only be accepting entries that are posted in this thread. Matt’s inbox is full, so he won’t see those messages until the contest is over anyway. If you have questions about the contest, feel free to post them here.

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

EDIT

First off, we want to thank everyone who put in an entry. There were so many talented designs, it was very difficult to choose just 10! Matt announced his favorites on stream earlier today. These are the designs he felt best fit the design brief:

KawaiiAlice

KwangoWarlord

MrHardwer

KeyboardCommando

PancakePower

Proxie

PizzaNinja

Dinian 556

Ace or Allecto

Roxl

Congratulations!

Please be on the lookout for a DM from me with further details. We will be working with you guys to tweak things where necessary to have your characters fit into the game.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 27

Hi @Sakebee

Great to see we're finally having another community design contest for a contact - it's one of the few things I miss about G1's early days.

Just to clarify is there any preference on what LO is looking for in terms of design? I don't quite have the old "Speedball" thread to hand currently, but I remember one of the criteria being that characters which used symbols to imitate depth on a piece of clothing (E.g. adding studs to a jacket when none is present on the original model) were generally discounted.

Also - do you think the Joker weapon skin might be a good idea for a reward for this competition?

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 1

QykUoOW.png

Y61BU9L.png

wexspdf.png

This is my submission. I'm not smart enough to write a backstory, but APB has 8balls and obviously the Joker store.

oh and he likes crayons

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 12

28 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Just to clarify is there any preference on what LO is looking for in terms of design? I don't quite have the old "Speedball" thread to hand currently, but I remember one of the criteria being that characters which used symbols to imitate depth on a piece of clothing (E.g. adding studs to a jacket when none is present on the original model) were generally discounted.

There are no limitations on your design. You are free to pull out all the stops, but we are looking for designs that can wow Matt, regardless of the technique. 

But why they need like 10 Joker store npc's ? 🤔 @Sakebee

Edited by Fumiku
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

There are no limitations on your design. You are free to pull out all the stops, but we are looking for designs that can wow Matt, regardless of the technique. 

Thanks for clarifying. Might be a good idea to consider the Joker Weapon Skin for the winners - see here: http://old.apbdb.com/items/Unlock_WeaponSkin_Joker/

It was made specifically for people winning competitions in the Joker Store.

dhZ7etD.jpg

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 16

Are older, already existing outfits accepted?

If so, are the items required to be created by only one person?

Because I've got one I designed years ago together with a friend who's no longer part of APB, and is rather unique in its style that I have yet to see on other players.

Yes, please add the Joker Affiliate skin to the rewards. I love having it myself but I wish more people had access to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

cool that you’re including the community on this, best of luck everyone

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Are older, already existing outfits accepted?

Older designs are fine, so long as they have not previously won one of our contests.

For your specific case, I would suggest getting your friend's permission before submitting something you worked on together.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Thanks for clarifying. Might be a good idea to consider the Joker Weapon Skin for the winners - see here: http://old.apbdb.com/items/Unlock_WeaponSkin_Joker/

It was made specifically for people winning competitions in the Joker Store.

dhZ7etD.jpg

This is the first thing that came to mind after looking at the rewards. Glad someone else mentioned it

Version 1: Saturated

b220186a6a3638a57cde2018592fa500.png

Version 2: Less Saturated

64978dec6c543cf914d4ae7cf02f1725.pnge673de2a35927628a22df8bc9dcf2106.png023b91f2586edb3266a534ecfa32a8f2.png07f79b0dd038f453348fe72498e5b7f2.png

Here is my entry, a classic joker store red checkered style. gl everyone.

Backstory: Lynda Hyart is a woman of god, she believes for what is right and wouldn't wish anything bad against anyone. Well, she would if she wasn't one of the hottest racers out of Midtown with her Bishada tuned to the highest spec, she is one of the leanest and meanest racers known in the Midtown district melting through the competition. She dreams of becoming San Paro's top racer and to be crowned the Queen of the Joker Distribution Racing team. For where she comes from? She grew up in a rough part of Midtown, where constant riots would break out and violence would be hard to escape from. Despite these short comings as she went through school she began to plan for her future and what had really inspired her as a kid was how successful her father was in racing, she had gone to many of his races, watching all of his victories and short comings she really wanted to become him, he had become her biggest idol. From that point on after she'd finished school she decided to study to become a mechanic in college and further education so she had a vast understanding of what she had later hoped to become in life. Beyond her education she got a job at a local mechanics shop and spent her days fixing and repairing thousands of cars. Once she had enough saved up and had a stable income her dream was about to become a reality, she had purchased her dream car, a Bishada Rapier Sport S4. Her goal beyond this point was to 'pimp' it out putting the best kits, best performance mods etc. After she was done with a mod she would enter street races and after long she would soon be known as one of the most ruthless and cunning race drivers around the whole of Midtown, grasping at her fathers legacy.

Edited by Iazer
edit of other version
  • Like 18

A1ZfqfG.pngpI8PRcS.png

V5kz8MQ.pngttEg3Y4.png

w3rDoMR.pngMTgWeFO.png

oypZQNc.png7PgkBNT.pngBHaCs9B.png

Matthew Roykurk

• 00-02/ "18-20 Begins his adult life from Phoenix AZ, working at a gun shop as well as being a living aid for his father who suffers from Alzheimer's”
  • 03 “21 Leaves his last place of record as his father dies in a hit and run on a walk from a fireworks festival they just finished attending. This leaves Matthew uncertain of what he wants to pursue so after some long thought, he considers his sister's invitation to move to San Paro with her husband and 4 year old daughter, Sunny . In time he sees how distraught the public still is after a decade from the last mayors murder, Matthew takes on the challenge of attending the local Police Academy in mind to lend a hand to the city because of his negative experiences since living in San Paro added to this weight on his mind. ”
  • 04 “22 Finishes Police Academy and serves in the SPPD where in passing he starts his own self defense club for citizens looking to protect themselves from the evildoers of the city, utilizing anything from blunt/sharp weapons, firearms and martial arts. During this time, his brother in law is murdered in a robbery at a local pizzeria he was visiting for the families monthly pizza night, Matthew fills in as the father role during his nieces  child development  ”
  • 07 “25 Leaves SPPD after handling many loses of partners, witnessing more than enough random/pointless murders and , joins the Peace Corps to help serve in Ukraine. His club at the time being is being handled by close friends of his during the lack of Matthews presence. This time onwards, helps with ensuring the education and growth of the locals youth in Ukraine as well as taking in some ‘specialized’ lessons from the local Militia ”
  • 11 “29 Returns to San Paro in regards to his sister dying in a bombing during a premier at an art gallery , leaving their daughter behind. Matthew takes it as his responsibility to return to his last place considered home and take care of his niece. He then spends the rest of his time, serving as an Enforcer under the C.S.A. and helping spread firearms and self defence education through his “San Paro Self Defense Club” for the safety and wellness of the local citizens.

That's a Coywolf by the way, not some riced out Veo, the city "gave" it to me after lowering the crime average in the area I was assigned.

This as well is Matthew's shops patch/logo for more lore fun.

wzzpV2z.png

Also, Matty my man, please add this weapon skin as a prize, like I said earlier, I'd enjoy seeing others have it. I've waited a long time again to see more events like this and hope to see more from now.
EAhbObt.png

Disclaimer:I had this story and name already set aside incase this happened, I'm talking before Little Orbit so I was kind of surprised the CEO's first name was the same as my characters.

Edited by MurkTheMerc
I wanted to add more outfits.
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Matt Scott should be one of the npc

Already is one basically?

v3f7aoE.png

A simple outfit.

Edited by Boxo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Matt Scott should be one of the npc

I SECOND THIS.

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

I summon... Ketog and his over 1000 outfits :3

shouldn't it be closer to 2 k by now though?

tdncHKt.pngeibdLJT.png

MfR3XfH.png4CvfJl4.pngQGqAXXI.png

oof, I'm glad the backstory part is optional...

I can't really think of anything good or interesting...

I guess 'Snubnose' likes short revolvers, or shortened weapons in general (like the sawed off double barrel shotguns). I guess she grew up around a lot of "tools" :^)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

are multiple submissions allowed?

I think Joker needs a fresh and young girl, what about this Gaby version :3?

dont you think the same?

Just now, Queeny Army said:

I think Joker needs a fresh and young girl, what about this Gaby version :3?

dont you think the same?

Screen-Shot00002.pngScreen-Shot00003.png

Screen-Shot00004.png

Screen-Shot00005.png

Screen-Shot00006.pngScreen-Shot00009.png

• Like 7

Annotation-2020-06-13-003926.jpgAnnotation-2020-06-13-004006.jpg

Annotation-2020-06-13-003910.jpgAnnotation-2020-06-13-003941.jpg

(She is wearing Socks in her arms as gloves) , 

Thanks goes to my friend @OmikronOverload writing the story for me ^.^

Liliana Adams

Lilliana Adams is one of San Paros Criminal Parkour Runners. She was undetected for 5 Years, until now.
She was in the need of Money when she made the biggest Mistake in her life, usually she was accepting contracts for illegal substances getting delivered quickly.
But today she was robbing a Gas Station located in the Finacial District at The Needles Beacon.
Today she forgot to take her Medication, helping her to keep calm in stressful situation.
As she held her Pistol at the cashiers head, she was 4 seconds after shot, the bullet hit her right Arm. The Police Man that just came in from his Break getting a snack 
reacted fast. She dropped the Gun and quickly felt the Pain, and as always she had one Joker with her.
Her lovely Flashbang, which she defused with her teeth, throwing it in the Air, running into cover and away.
She was gone again, Untraceable. A few Blind and Deaf seconds later, the Police Man investigated the Gun.
It was something unusual, it had a Battery installed as a Magazine, a Copper Coil inside and outside the barrel equipped wihout a Trigger.
He Picked up the Gun and aimed it at the Ground. As he Aimed it looking trough the sight, it shot an inormous loud shot ,Deafing the Police Man
so as the cashier for the Rest of there lifes.
After further inspection in the Gun Lab, they couldnt believe what they found. A modular Weapon using no cartridges.
Lilliana Adams is in Big trouble now, where her story began as a Criminal.
What only Lilliana knew was, that the pistol Should be used with 3 other High-Tech pieces combined into a Sniper-Rifle, ending San-Paros War.
Now she is accepting contracts Including blood and Murder, making her one of the Biggest threads San Paro has to offer.

Edited by KawaiiAlice
  • Like 10

Name: Arthur (or Matt's choice)
Backstory: Arthur was born in 22/10/1928 in Mexico. He
 was the brightest student of his time. At the age of 10, Arthur was fluent in other three languages: French, English, Urdu and was learning Japanese.His mother later on caught an unknown lung disease that she told no one about On 1939, his mother gave birth to his younger sister, Lucy. Arthur was extremely caring and protective of his little sister. But it was later revealed that his mother was sick with an unknown disease and that his sister inherited that unknown lung disease from her mother And He then became genius doctor who wanted nothing more in the world than to save his mother and younger sister from that unknown disease, but he was later betrayed by his business partner Karl who told him that he was the one who infected his mother with that lung disease and Arthur turned into a cold-hearted assassin to assassinate his partner Karl, and he succeeded in 1945. After that he remained a assassin for the rest of his life and earned millions by killing.
My English is bad and my brain is now exhausted. Probably hardly even a 0.001% chance of winning though lol, but i love my outfits especially the first one no matter what yall think.
Cp4heyQ.png%20V4Caub2.pngwIdmE62.pngxwBxVJe.pngx8l3hrz.png6L7nrMS.pngfORz2jk.png15yjiIw.pngmvGy2dc.pngoTrXus6.pngoqruVor.pngzEufQfD.pngbGLx4XH.pngZUl2wl1.pngKlewaDX.pngbbVS9KZ.pngE1EpdQG.pngWVCgLBy.png

Edited by Artorius_
  • Like 1