2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

1 vs 1 used to be balanced... but they removed 1 vs 1 missions and the ability to get 1 vs 1 when solo queuing. Now you get "thrown" into 1 vs 1 scenario when a player /abandonmissions. its not a 1 vs 1 mission... its a 2+ vs 2+ mission only it threw you in to it while being solo.

to me this is a bug or shouldnt be working as intended. back in closed and open beta there was proper 1 vs 1 missions which would be balanced for 1 vs 1 such as less objectives and stages with the proper time for them.... and also a balanced 1 vs 1 final stage like 1 control point with limited lives... i believe each side had 5 lives and would fight over 1 control point. this final stage has been removed and not used since beta.

i myself would love to see 1 vs 1 missions become a thing again as I dont like big missions and the best missions i can remember having was 1 vs 1's vs equally skilled players.

They removed 1v1's and there's no way to get them unless 1 person is left from an unopped mission. 1v1's are imo imbalanced, and a number of people do not enjoy them. I legit afk when I see them because it's not worth the time.

The reason why it only works now with the 2 or 3 people in a mission and all but one leaves, is because the system doesn't "start" 1v1's as default, it must be "worked around". I don't know why G1 changed mission overtime/stages and such as they have, but i still wouldn't want them even with the fixes.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 6/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i myself would love to see 1 vs 1 missions become a thing again as I dont like big missions and the best missions i can remember having was 1 vs 1's vs equally skilled players.

This just came up for me, yesterday. A friend wanted to get into a mission-driven 1v1, and we couldn't make it happen in an empty server. We didn't know (or forgot) that it wasn't possible to do 1v1 missions in that manner. I've been in a lot of good missions, but the most memorable have been well-played 1v1s with players with good attitudes. Perhaps it would be nice if there was a way to indicate preference for mission size? Or allow players to specifically challenge each other?

Edited by tucsonfeuer
more info
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 2:11 AM, tucsonfeuer said:

This just came up for me, yesterday. A friend wanted to get into a mission-driven 1v1, an we couldn't make it happen in an empty server. We didn't know (or forgot) that it wasn't possible to do 1v1 missions in that manner. I've been in a lot of good missions, but the most memorable have been well-played 1v1s with players with good attitudes. Perhaps it would be nice if there was a way to indicate preference for mission size? Or allow players to specifically challenge each other?

Hopefully one day we can get more options for queuing/missioning because I totally get that sometimes mood/need changes and you want just 1v1s or just 5v5s, even adding other things like "vs solo players only" to avoid 3-stacks. I'd even love an option that's like "x minute until mission finish" or "only join new missions or missions in progress" to avoid or even want those times where you're called in as Backup 900m away from a Final Stage Mission with <60 seconds remaining.

I mean at some level the Matchmaking System is making decisions (and more) for us, so why not let us tweak them a bit? All we need is a "restore default" option so if we do mess it up enough to render us effectively missionless we can just undo that. Or rather even better (now I'm into Genie wish territory if I wasn't already) a way of seeing what Missions are available/being played so we can match our preferences or give up trying because the ideal Mission Scenarios aren't being played, idk I just want endless options and sliders.

It also sucks that Witness Missions ""don't count"" because that's currently the only way to "force" a challenge against a particular player but I get how forcing/being allowed create your own missions can be exploited.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Please consider allowing either team to call backup in low player count matches like 1vs1 and 2vs2 so we have the choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JiMMY13 said:

Please consider allowing either team to call backup in low player count matches like 1vs1 and 2vs2 so we have the choice.

I think Backup should always be available, I mean that's what Back up is? You make a decision that you need B so you call for it, there's no arbitrary sky fairy floating over keeping you from reaching for the radio irl. 

They could put it on a cool down to stop people spamming it and of course this will be with a more tweaked Matchmaker so it's not the scenario where 1 Team gets a Bronze while the other gets 2 Gold but then the cool down could be tweaked so it depends on how "unfair" the teams are idk, I just like massive battles.

all they need to do is just automate the last person's /abandonmission

3 hours ago, JiMMY13 said:

Make choice pernament if team size is =< 2.