I thought G1 had fixed this so the only way to get them was to have a teammate leave a mission. However, I don't remember having a teamate and there's no "x" name on either side (and I had spoken with another who said they ended up in a 1v1 as well and didn't know how against a silver).

Is the /abandonmission thing the only thing that's triggering these still? Or is there now a bug which makes them occur still. I'm normally familiar with a teamate's name being x'd out if they left a mission. But as shown below, there's no other people in tab.

R1ioTUv.jpg

maybe that resemblance guy initially had a teammate that left the match.

did you ask him?

Edited by Uhtdred

His teammate left the match. Players that left the match don't show up in the scoreboard, if you join the match after they had already left.

I don't think there is any way to get 1v1's.

correction: I don't think there is any OTHER way to get 1v1's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can also happen that 1v1 start, happened to me inside a full district, i was solo playing and the matchmaking found only 1 guy to fight against, that alredy happened like 3/4 times past weeks.

I played 2 times this week a 1vs1 it seemed strange to me, you can't callback. I prefair matches with a lot of poeple but np too

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

maybe that resemblance guy initially had a teammate that left the match.

did you ask him?

yeah i did at the time, and i think he mentioned he didn't. I know they fixed it so you can only get them if someone left leaving 1 left. I just wasn't sure if there was a "new" bug from some update which changed that. Seeing as the coding is a mess anyways it wouldn't of surprised me.

22 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

yeah i did at the time, and i think he mentioned he didn't. I know they fixed it so you can only get them if someone left leaving 1 left. I just wasn't sure if there was a "new" bug from some update which changed that. Seeing as the coding is a mess anyways it wouldn't of surprised me.

Nothing has changed.

He had to have lost a teammate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Nothing has changed.

He had to have lost a teammate.

alrighty, making sure

1vs1 is for me fine. It was altime in apb and it good. Only what is cancer is the fact when alll other go abandonmission and you start a 1vs1 in a mission who is maked for 3 or 4 players. This i sometime no play. Then this was balanced for more player and will fast feel not fair.

bring back 1v1 vip missions everyone loved those :^)

Edited by 404
typo

i wouldnt mind 1 vs 1 but i rather have actual 1 vs 1 missions like in beta. the 1 vs 1 mission now is just 2-3 player sized missions so its harder for 1 vs 1... sometimes you have to do 4 ojectives with 5-6 mins in a 1 vs 1... its litterally impossible.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Can also happen that 1v1 start, happened to me inside a full district, i was solo playing and the matchmaking found only 1 guy to fight against, that alredy happened like 3/4 times past weeks.

No, that cannot happen. The minimum requirement to start ANY action district mission is to have atleast 2 players from the same faction readied up.

From what I observed this can happen no matter what in districts bigger than 2 enforcers - 2 criminals, if you two are the only one looking for mission at the moment (it's not that rare as you think, taking 40 - 40 max size on district).

I also don't like 1v1 matches as missions are greatly imbalanced on defensive side then (defender death basically means easy way to complete objective for attacker).

Edited by Mitne

14 hours ago, Speedz said:

No, that cannot happen. The minimum requirement to start ANY action district mission is to have atleast 2 players from the same faction readied up.

Totally wrong.

As i can see another SPCT not knowing actual things.

Just.. like.. if you don't know something at least don't fake the answer, just say "i don't know".

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

From what I observed this can happen no matter what in districts bigger than 2 enforcers - 2 criminals, if you two are the only one looking for mission at the moment (it's not that rare as you think, taking 40 - 40 max size on district).

I also don't like 1v1 matches as missions are greatly imbalanced on defensive side then (defender death basically means easy way to complete objective for attacker).

Yep ^, exactly, happened to me also in full districts, and no, not any of us left or any other crashed/quitted.

1 v 1 legit.

3 hours ago, Mitne said:

you're kidding right? attacking is always the worst side of a mission, doesn't matter if it's 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, etc.

if the defender is hiding, you won't be able to kill him, and whenever you try to do the obj, the defender will appear and kill you.

Edited by Uhtdred

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Totally wrong.

As i can see another SPCT not knowing actual things.

Just.. like.. if you don't know something at least don't fake the answer, just say "i don't know".

Of all the people you could accuse of not knowing things, you pick Speed.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

• Thanks 1

I wish there were a option, that would guarantee at least 3v3 matches.

I have no interest in 1v2's or 1v1's. They're such a niche thing that I would prefer to have a chance to opt out from such things. In fact, I rather stay in the FC than take the risk ending up in such bullshoot match. If the game presents me with "call backup?" I will call for backup. I have no delusions of grandeur about my abilities, and even if I get a fresh "out of the box trainee", I can at least use him/her as cannon fodder.

Then again, this isn't the only problem with matchmaking, problems of which are made worse by dethreaters and such having effect on it in the grand scheme of things.

G1 said they removed 1v1 but lets be honest, G1 never did anything right back in the day. 1v1 still are a thing and still waste a match especially when matchmaking typically makes a one sided match. The few times I do show up in a reg dist ive gotten a 1v1 or several of em. LO should really go in and change it to make sure that a match doesnt start with anything less then a 2v2. With the current pop you really cant go higher then that.

What's bad to play 1 vs 1?

Some of my fun matches I remind they were 1 vs 1, but I am agree in certain locationa, especially if your opponent is in defence, it may be though and not exactly balanced.

I would to play more 1 vs 1 or add the possibility between 2 people to have something like a "duel feature" as in other fps games 

Yep, /abandonmission still creates 1v1s. OR AT LEAST I'm pretty sure it does, I had a couple of these when I came back to the game for the last few months. If there's a person readying up for a mission while another has had all their teammates abandon it, they'll both get that juicy VIP matchmaking experience. 

I'm curious for these now, I'll sit in game for a while to see if I manage to get one again and guess i'll edit the comment with what i find. I'm pretty sure it's just that anyways. 

My tip for dealing with these? Grab your CSG and watch them switch to it too after a few sweaty kill attempts with whatever they had before. Cracks me up every time man.

Edited by _chain

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

G1 said they removed 1v1 but lets be honest, G1 never did anything right back in the day. 1v1 still are a thing and still waste a match especially when matchmaking typically makes a one sided match. The few times I do show up in a reg dist ive gotten a 1v1 or several of em. LO should really go in and change it to make sure that a match doesnt start with anything less then a 2v2. With the current pop you really cant go higher then that.

I'd rather take a 1v2 any day over not getting op. Nothing worse than sitting in a district for 30mins to not get op. Hell i'd even take 1v1's to some degree. Nothing will truly solve the matchmaking 1v1 until the pop goes up again. Which that will only really happen at the engine update. That will be their one and ONLY chance of bringing in a lot of players. Unfortunately for NA's servers at least its probably at the point that 1v1s are better than no op at all. Not that 1v1's are really ever made by choice. Just on the off chance someone in your team abandons.

Edited by RespectThis

1v1 matches i am out. I just dont find them fun at all.

• Like 2

maybe many players hate 1vs1 because theres nobody else to blame when they failed..just some crazy hypothesis

7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

maybe many players hate 1vs1 because theres nobody else to blame when they failed..just some crazy hypothesis

Nah, they've been imbalanced from the start, and just aren't fun. They turn into hide and seek, and even then if the obj is in a bad location, congrats, you're pretty much f****d.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

1 vs 1 used to be balanced... but they removed 1 vs 1 missions and the ability to get 1 vs 1 when solo queuing. Now you get "thrown" into 1 vs 1 scenario when a player /abandonmissions. its not a 1 vs 1 mission... its a 2+ vs 2+ mission only it threw you in to it while being solo.

to me this is a bug or shouldnt be working as intended. back in closed and open beta there was proper 1 vs 1 missions which would be balanced for 1 vs 1 such as less objectives and stages with the proper time for them.... and also a balanced 1 vs 1 final stage like 1 control point with limited lives... i believe each side had 5 lives and would fight over 1 control point. this final stage has been removed and not used since beta.

i myself would love to see 1 vs 1 missions become a thing again as I dont like big missions and the best missions i can remember having was 1 vs 1's vs equally skilled players.

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs