Sign in to follow this  
Fortune Runner

calling backup

There has been a few times now that when it should be able to call backup it has not given the option to.

A silver and two golds vs four golds should naturally be able to call backup to make it fair.

I suspect it has to do with a gold who disconnected and how two golds eventually joined but still may of counted the disconnected gold.

one of the golds on our team went silver even though trying is best , so he wasn't even a high gold.

anyways , matchmaking is a bit buggy with how backup could not be called again.

iirc you can always call backup if you're outnumbered, were you actually team leader or are you basing this off some low rank silver on your team not calling backup.

It's weird for that much of a difference but not impossible with how matchmaking works. You see they never fully got rid of ranked threat levels 1-10 they just hid them from us. So being in even a 1v1 with another gold doesn't always mean they woudn't get the option for backup. As an example, just yesterday I was with my silver girlfriend and I'm a fairly high gold myself. We were matched against 2 golds with no option for backup, not that I would have felt the need to call it anyway. However after we beat them in the mission they both dethreated to silver, showing that they were in fact around just Gold 1 and only a single dethreat score away from silver, making them little more than a silver in terms of matchmaking.