SmilyFace

Let's talk about the in-game chat

Hi, Alisha here.

It's 2020, well.. Mid of it alredy.. and you still see situations where peoples insult, hackusate, make jokes of and laugh about other players inside the chat.

While it is clear that this is only a Virtual Game where you have fun, some other peoples could take words written as real hackusations and offenses.

This isn't that good, and im surprised the company didn't made a move yet about this.

Let's be honest, this isn't the only problem still present inside APB.

We could talk about Griefing, Ramming, Blocking, Exploiting, Cheating, Spamming, Team Killing, Stalking and many more.

But, im here today because i wanted to know, to hear what you all think about this specific thing.

My questions for you are 2:

1) What you think the in-game chat is missing?

2) What you think it needs? (To get to a point where newbies can ask questions and get answers without the need to read and get confused under many other childish comments and /cointoss spams together WTS/WTB/WTT etc.)

From my POV it needs some better chat categories, with a juicy new and better spam filter, that also silence automatically banned words (no, im not talking about 'noob' or 'idiot' or even 'fuck you'), im talking about 'i hope your family dies in a car crash' and all of those really bad sentences.

Is just disperspectful and disgusting to still see all of this happening in 2020 as i said at the beginning.

This, needs to be solved, maybe it isn't a proprity like other major issues, but surely it still is very much important, because many peoples also left due to this.

Solving the chat would mean removing 25 up to 30% of the toxicity, while the other % would be removed changing/adjusting or reworking the other systems i have named above.

Talking about the in-game chat btw i mean every since channel of it (District, Group, Team, Clan, Whisper, Yell, Say and more if there are).

There needs to be some stright and aggressive ToS and filter rules on that, like they works on the forums they should work Also in-game.

Well, let me know what you think and if you may have other suggestions or different ones, even if you disagree with me comment with anything you feel could/would be useful for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I was playing once and I decided I didn't care what other people had to say so I went into the chat options and made a tab with no chat...weeeeellll i can still see whispers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Hard disagree on the super specific chat filter, unless if it's a toggle option. Every single game I've played with filters like that make just even trying to tell your team what's going on at "A" point, a massive pita if not impossible. **** ********** ***** *** A - Battlefield 5 with their cancer chat filter for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

So I was playing once and I decided I didn't care what other people had to say so I went into the chat options and made a tab with no chat...weeeeellll i can still see whispers.

You can turn off every single channel and even notifications and avoid other players to send you whispers.

I also don't care but many others do, and while you don't if you need to sell a gun or to search something on the market, Or just talk with your friends/team.

21 minutes ago, XYXYXYXYX said:

Hard disagree on the super specific chat filter, unless if it's a toggle option. Every single game I've played with filters like that make just even trying to tell your team what's going on at "A" point, a massive pita if not impossible. **** ********** ***** *** A - Battlefield 5 with their cancer chat filter for example.

It would be useless if is only a toggle option, i mean, somethign need to be done under that side.

You can't just leave it like is right now, is atrocious and disgusting.

public chat can be turned off/hidden or one can just not read it

dont really see a need for anything more

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I make i see sometime no whispers when toxic players my enemy.  The all chat is most of the time funny i like all chat and i think the people there are more friendly they know every read it.

I dislike Russians language over district chat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Resine said:

imagine how they feel

10 hours ago, XYXYXYXYX said:

Chat filters are cancer overall. Especially in adult targeted game.

Like what the hell, I can violently with cold blood murderer people (even if soldiers) but saying bad word is greater evil? Nice morality.

This would only make sense if... I dunno Disney released E-rated MMO. Otherwise it's nonsense, we all are adults and know all swear words.

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

imagine how they feel

Well I don't give a fuck to be honest.

Imagine that everyone used their native language, it kills entire chat.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Resine said:

Seems harsh, but ok.

12 hours ago, XYXYXYXYX said:

Belive it or not but "old g1" was working on a chat censor dubbed "C.R.I.S.P." , good thing that never made it I like apb's free speech better then the games with "censors" that literally block out the word "clip" for some reason.

16 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Hi, Alisha here.

It's 2020, well.. Mid of it alredy.. and you still see situations where peoples insult, hackusate, make jokes of and laugh about other players inside the chat.

While it is clear that this is only a Virtual Game where you have fun, some other peoples could take words written as real hackusations and offenses.

This isn't that good, and im surprised the company didn't made a move yet about this.

Let's be honest, this isn't the only problem still present inside APB.

We could talk about Griefing, Ramming, Blocking, Exploiting, Cheating, Spamming, Team Killing, Stalking and many more.

But, im here today because i wanted to know, to hear what you all think about this specific thing.

My questions for you are 2:

1) What you think the in-game chat is missing?

2) What you think it needs? (To get to a point where newbies can ask questions and get answers without the need to read and get confused under many other childish comments and /cointoss spams together WTS/WTB/WTT etc.)

From my POV it needs some better chat categories, with a juicy new and better spam filter, that also silence automatically banned words (no, im not talking about 'noob' or 'idiot' or even 'fuck you'), im talking about 'i hope your family dies in a car crash' and all of those really bad sentences.

Is just disperspectful and disgusting to still see all of this happening in 2020 as i said at the beginning.

This, needs to be solved, maybe it isn't a proprity like other major issues, but surely it still is very much important, because many peoples also left due to this.

Solving the chat would mean removing 25 up to 30% of the toxicity, while the other % would be removed changing/adjusting or reworking the other systems i have named above.

Talking about the in-game chat btw i mean every since channel of it (District, Group, Team, Clan, Whisper, Yell, Say and more if there are).

There needs to be some stright and aggressive ToS and filter rules on that, like they works on the forums they should work Also in-game.

Well, let me know what you think and if you may have other suggestions or different ones, even if you disagree with me comment with anything you feel could/would be useful for that.

Just goes to show what a problem we have and how it just as prevalent on the forum. Nothing wrong with wanting to clean up toxicity and it immediately gets 4 down votes. Sad.... 

Possibly an Unlimited Block list, maybe as a 'Per Instance' lasting only till you leave the district.

Regulating Speech, certain words would be wrong cause it would take way too much in development, there would be so many words, and then they would just spell the word in question differently.

Not to mention, a certain subject matter or word or terminology may be acceptable and or wanted by certain chatters, and unwanted or vilified by others.

We already have chat channels, n lets say they added a 'Social' channel for people like me that ramble on, and or people that have questions, ect.  Nobody would be on the channel to answer the question nor listen to my rhetoric n I would come back to the Main chat.

An unlimited block/filter of the individual. For instance if you wanted to hear all the other people but not Mack that day, but your block list is already filled. You would just Filter me by name or Silence me. This could be permanent or by the server instance, and or even by Chat Channel, so if we had a mission we could still talk.  

"cmon its 2020" arguments, and high moral ground is my favorite tactic to demand enforcing a censoring.

I get it for league of legends that is made for kids and adults in mind, but not for APB.

This game is unique more and more every year since world society go nuts over bad language, and correctness, and guess what? There will be so much people tired of this sh1t, they will come to APB just to rest their nutsacks, and scream their lungs off into the mic when/if VOIP get fixed. And its fine.

Iam againts censoring words. Yes, censoring profanity should be an option tho.

There is /ignore, and option to hide chat. Case closed.

Only heavy discriminatory behavior should be punishable.

12 hours ago, 404 said:

public chat can be turned off/hidden or one can just not read it

dont really see a need for anything more

I know about that, but is useless, is like not having it in that way.

Honestly i would prefer to keep it active, all channels.

I do the need for more rules and punishments.

There isn't a palce in this game for trash bags childs who just want to see other players frustated.

It is an adult game, yes, but there are limits.

10 hours ago, Eviltara said:

I make i see sometime no whispers when toxic players my enemy.  The all chat is most of the time funny i like all chat and i think the people there are more friendly they know every read it.

Is funny, but for soem type of peoples it isn't and they could get really offended, which is bad, shouldn't happen but you don't decide how a person take a sort of thing.

It is indeed a problem that needs to be addressed by the company.

6 hours ago, Resine said:

I wouldn't say hate, but is annoying.

My mother lang isn't english, but still i learned it to communicate with most of the peoples.

Why russians don't do the same? Why other players are obligated to translate and try to learn while they don't give a sh*t?

I mean this isn't right, im talking also IRL.

PS off-topic, in my country all the external peoples tlak my lang shitty or not at all, they keep talking their languages, while everytime i go into other states/countries i feel obligated to learn to understand.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

imagine how they feel

They don't care, isn't difficult.

If they would care they would at least learn a bit of english.

You don't need much IQ to honestly.

1 hour ago, Resine said:

Imagine that everyone used their native language, it kills entire chat.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Seems harsh, but ok.

Seems right*

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

Belive it or not but "old g1" was working on a chat censor dubbed "C.R.I.S.P." , good thing that never made it I like apb's free speech better then the games with "censors" that literally block out the word "clip" for some reason.

Good to heaer, so maybe LO still has the project of this?

And i do agree with the 2nd thign you said about APB free speech, but like i said above, there are limits that shouldn't be reached/crossed, at all.

1 hour ago, HiLoSilver said:

Just goes to show what a problem we have and how it just as prevalent on the forum. Nothing wrong with wanting to clean up toxicity and it immediately gets 4 down votes. Sad.... 

6 down votes*, there you go, fixed it for you.

Btw, yes.. funny thing is peoples cry and talk about stuff, but when someone actually tries to explain, to talk about that specific thing, to suggest, to ask the public opinions, everyone seems scared like a 2 yo baby.

Same goes for JMB's, Cheat detection and more.

Usually those individuals don't even know what they want or not.

49 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Possibly an Unlimited Block list, maybe as a 'Per Instance' lasting only till you leave the district.

Regulating Speech, certain words would be wrong cause it would take way too much in development, there would be so many words, and then they would just spell the word in question differently.

Not to mention, a certain subject matter or word or terminology may be acceptable and or wanted by certain chatters, and unwanted or vilified by others.

We already have chat channels, n lets say they added a 'Social' channel for people like me that ramble on, and or people that have questions, ect.  Nobody would be on the channel to answer the question nor listen to my rhetoric n I would come back to the Main chat.

An unlimited block/filter of the individual. For instance if you wanted to hear all the other people but not Mack that day, but your block list is already filled. You would just Filter me by name or Silence me. This could be permanent or by the server instance, and or even by Chat Channel, so if we had a mission we could still talk.  

Mhm.. interesting.. good thing, really.

Remember that there are automatic system to filter those words, which yes i know, they aren't perfect and sometimes (often) they kick/ban strange/innocent words, but heey, nothing is perfect, what you expect.

7 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

"cmon its 2020" arguments, and high moral ground is my favorite tactic to demand enforcing a censoring.

I get it for league of legends that is made for kids and adults in mind, but not for APB.

This game is unique more and more every year since world society go nuts over bad language, and correctness, and guess what? There will be so much people tired of this sh1t, they will come to APB just to rest their nutsacks, and scream their lungs off into the mic when/if VOIP get fixed. And its fine.

Iam againts censoring words. Yes, censoring profanity should be an option tho.

There is /ignore, and option to hide chat. Case closed.

Only heavy discriminatory behavior should be punishable.

/ignore is limited and the option to hide the chat is useless, because while you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there, and if You hide it, it doesn't stay hidden for everyone, maybe many other peoples, even easy ones have it enable and get offended by those words.

PS Oh btw, i wouldn't call adult such bad words honestly. Every single bad word for me is so childish.

Nah There's literally multiple ways around not seeing a text you dont wanna see... And even if that, if a person is getting their feelings hurt from what a person says on a game then they shouldn't even be playing that game in the first place (especially Apb) but as for different chat ideas tho I would love if when you type something a message bubble pops up over your characters head (💬 < like that ) with what you said inside making it more visual and cleaner on who said something. Of course not everyone will like that so it can be toggled off and on with messages still showing in the chat box.

Edited by xXD4v1dXx

40 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

/ignore is limited and the option to hide the chat is useless, because while you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there, and if You hide it, it doesn't stay hidden for everyone, maybe many other peoples, even easy ones have it enable and get offended by those words.

Not getting offended is not the right, and it never ever god damn EVER NEVER EVER should be, and it most defenitely should not be a reason to censonr or even god damn ban someone.

If the is a person who has full ignore list.. maybe.. just maybe.. that person is the problem. I have 0 ppl in my ignore list. And if it happens that I ignore someoe for harrasing me, I ll clear them next day or 1h later, and if I see them (if I even happen to remember him), they behave just fine, and they dont even remember me most of the time.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

I have disabled districtchat years ago.

When someone whispers me bad things I just answer: ty.

Yeah, and russian is anoying but I don't think they all got english keyboards......?

Edited by Gothina

Just disable chat, its the best thing i have ever done for myself in the long run, since i joined it, the toxicity going on ingame its just pure annoyance, and with time it will feel worse than otherwise.

In game chat as a feature works fine. Can't help what the players do with it. If it bothers you that much, uncheck district in the chat options.

It could use a language filter, but I don't think district pop is large enough to justify it. I would like an option to disable the click/ding sound when you get certain messages. For example, when someone decides type in /s instead of /d. I would also like to remove the "you are not ready" message. It's bound to Team and System, it pops up if either are checked in. It's useless spam.

Edited by SquirrelFace

This thread has been closed as per OP's request.

~@mayii

• Thanks 1