Ketog

📝For all GTX 16xx and RTX series users

11 hours ago, AlgizGI said:

hi, i think this matter is maybe one of the reasons why the game's negative ratings on steam are so many. I have a question, could this problem also affect the account itself? I mean, they could ban your account if you come playing with the problems associated with the graphic card?

To answer your banning concerns no, of course not, you won't be ba banned because you crash too much, that's just the game is old and clunky, the anticheat has nothing to do with it

As for the bar reviews, trust me they were there way before this issue appeared, apb had negative reviews for at least three if not more years.

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

To answer your banning concerns no, of course not, you won't be ba banned because you crash too much, that's just the game is old and clunky, the anticheat has nothing to do with it

As for the bar reviews, trust me they were there way before this issue appeared, apb had negative reviews for at least three if not more years.

To re-iterate on that. The more bad reviews that are coming in means people are still playing and people care. I mean right now i would give a bad review due to the detreating, lack of in game moderation and the fact that i cant play without crashing. Yet i love the game. There is no other game out there like it.

23 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

To re-iterate on that. The more bad reviews that are coming in means people are still playing and people care. I mean right now i would give a bad review due to the detreating, lack of in game moderation and the fact that i cant play without crashing. Yet i love the game. There is no other game out there like it.

oh, don't worry im well aware of it, im just saying that the game already had bad reviews before those crashes, for the reasons you mentionned above and many more, apb is unique, but not perfect.

interesting catch up read. 

Regarding Files. Config files etc.  a few things to be aware of,

1) downloading text files of code/ "game config" can be risky, especially if your not sure about reading/understanding the code. some may contain stuff that will purposely get you banned. or worse have nothing to do with the game [yes there are **** out there that will do that]

2) some config files for one person may/will be tailored for their systems. this can cause more problems for you instead of solving.

3) Be very very carefully what you change/tweak, id advise against it unless you know what your doing.  

Standalone APB client/anticheat does monitor your game installation + other game related files, mainly replaces files it considers "modified"  on launcher load up as well as "during your gaming session"

[I have mentioned somewhere else about this as "Dxhooking" used for external 3rd party game capture is not a good idea with APB as the anticheat can read it as a false negative and will force close the game]

Steam Client versions "could" but rarely report/ban you, as a false negative . 

There is a way to further optimise or increase your game/graphics through "files" that is not considered ban-able. BUT... for the same reason they are not spoken of is because you shouldn't. and I wont share because :

1) it can make the game unstable

2) I wont take the blame for your ban

3) Im under loyal oath - so I can not publish how .

3k-series graphics cards issue. Further testing the game is running stable, for me. that does not say what I have done in my last post will work for everyone and given that it is not regarded as "simple process" I can not advise doing a clean install of your system.  seek help or family guidance if you wish to do this, but know that it may not be the fix you hoped for. 

for those interested - an Update to my testing forcing the game to crash under "vertex" & "out of memory" error  are only on financial (for me), (the generic out of memory error = system ram usage above 3gb will happen on any district regardless)  which although narrows the issue makes it that bit more strange, 

*edit- When running the game in a Crash-able environment" -I have found that with the NVidia control panel setting up a custom m3ds-profile = program settings profile for the apb.exe (not launcher), and pretty much stripping back all the settings, card to power mode normal and texture filtering to "performance" does help the game last longer whilst having the crash issues. . but not the perfect fix. 

I would say those that wish to try this its an easy process, take your time follow the onscreen instructions, once all set to min begin reloading the game and upping the m3ds-profile to the happy medium of a good gaming session and crash.   

I read someone said they had a hard crash = full system lock up, were even ctrl+alt+del would not recover them. this is unfortunately more then just the game, that's  a whole different issue, Id definitely question drivers/system setup/ even AV.. Apb over the years has become good at crashing out to desktop with its error reporter. 

Stick with -> "Ketog", that the best solution fix is coming in the form of engine upgrade. we can only hope this is sooner then later.. 

Additionally having a "alpha" version of the engine/game for those with RTX 3k series cards to play/test would make sense (yes im just impatient after 5+ years) even if only on a tdm map would allow us to be the test subjects.  but ay who am I 😂.   😉dev's  ...  

oh and  reviews are just a way for people to vent there dislike or bans, much like the news your more likely to hear or read about the bad, and not the good. 

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 1

So further playing tests this NvC tweak was 👌 (for me, this is very important to keep in mind,)   

But because I want this game to keep being populated and for people to enjoy it I have taken the time to screen grab and make this mini guide if you choose to try..

BUT  => This is at your own risk/doing, take your time to follow onscreen instructions,  and keep in mind that if it does not work you can simply reverse the steps and remove the profile. 

Also this is running the game at the mentioned settings

Basic >  Quality custom (defined by Advanced options) - Game in Window mode only - Vsync off - smooth frame on - Multi gpu off -

AAdanced >  everything on Except = Low Quality Hud off - render Eye Lashes  off - Max Anisotropy 2x - AA Beta Off. 

If you do not know how to load Nvidia Control Panel then you shouldn't be following this.  

DO NOT have the game running, it must be completely closed.

PhysX default processor

1. go to Config Surround, PhysX - 2. processor select your primary GPU. (unless you run a specific gpu this should always be your primary especially if you are running a 3kseries.) [running secondary gpus for physX is redundant these days 😪]

dcece6b60dc2ad5dd50c8fbcf5327ce4a242d8e2

Very important step before you modify m3d Profiles 

1. go to Adjust Image Settings -  2. set to "use the advanced 3d image settings  THEN YOU MUST CLICK APPLY Bottom Right. , 

cc0e684c944eedc612cbaf399342ab5a99994b7b

Do NOT select any other option including slider, profiles will only work if this setting is enabled. 

1. go to Manage 3d settings - 2 select tab " program settings"  3. If you can not locate your APB.exe in the drop list click on ADD

3.1 ADD window scroll through the list, 98% of the time the game will be listed as show,  a very rare and odd occasion you may have to click "Browse" and manually find your .exe - This will be in your Binaries folder as "APB.exe" do not confuse it with the launcher or any other exe. 

Once you have selected the exe then click "add selected program" 

d037094f8ff74f83aad0cf84fe9ec5a334c79392

1. your APB.exe should now be shown in the droplist box . you can now use the mini drop boxes next to each option 

*** were it states "use Global settings" this is only referring to your current global defaults , my "global defaults may differ to yours. focus on the actual options in the Brackets ( ) **   

Additional Warning, - NVC can be slow at times, especially when selecting in the mini lists so click once and wait , try not to use the mouse wheel as this can also change options. go slow keep track of what you are selecting. 

Blue Boxes highlighted are set by default and should not need changing.  (providing you have not modified your global settings) 

Red Boxes Highlighted are options I have changed. 

Again click "APPLY" in the bottom right of the window once you have made your changes. your control panel may flicker once or twice. its normal . 

1fdc44de8ee777503476b3286f74bdc305e48ee2

Once you have clicked apply you can close NVC and then load the APB Launcher and run game.  

I hope this helps as many of you as possible, even if it just provides you that extra bit of game time.  Remember if you have issues or dislike the options, simply  select the profile you have created and click "remove" or you can "Restore" the profile to default, 

you can also reverse your PhysX options too as well as the Image settings option if you wish to have 1 setting for all games. 

• Like 2

Hello, so I just wanted to update this to my current tweaks which have been really stable. this also includes the recent windows update that caused some fps stutters. 

As always this is all based on my setup, which is unique, but focuses on a few key factors surround an RTX 3k  Graphics card. again usual legal "at your own risk" and this is not for the green fingered pc users. 

So recap  

Intel 8 Core 16 Thread @3.2 , DDR4 2333mhz (amount doesn't matter but its more then required and above 10gb.)  Graphics Card is an EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX3070 running latest Nvidia drivers. Also Running latest version of Precision X1, with Boost lock off and OSD Disabled.  also running OS on SSD, game is installed to a SATA III (3)6gb 3tb HDD. 

Extra bits of info, Monitors are connected by display port, at 60hz (max for my monitors)   OS Version 20h2 (from a fresh iso install not Updated to) build 19042.928, This also includes latest Netframework, VC_distru x86 + x64 , also includes Dx update package to include DX12U from os install.  <<< This is very important with RTX 3k,  Fresh OS install is best with 3k cards do not install into an old environment.  

Running the game away from an active OS drive is still key, especially hdd, this being a secondary storage device with out OS or other continuous w/r applications on it. for some reason when i run the game on ssd it just doesn't like it . im not going to dig into this issue.   * added note The game is in a completely Vanilla state, no code tweaks or use of AdvL.

Iv made a change to the Nvidia Profile for APB Reloaded,  (remember this only works if you tell NVC to use Advanced 3d settings) 

9d1d5aff0b71c7b2e4990d4f4ec3b1cb77cf7e2d

Copy these , you will see iv set a "background fps limit" as my monitors only go to 60hz, so iv set an over head of 10.  (remember global settings is what my default is, refer to what is in the ( ) Brackets) but i have kept the game / application fps to unlimited max

in game settings are as follows.   

e804792743d6c09b4693d6e6d49363ed89b98a19

You can see here i have disabled Vsync, this is because i run the game in "window mode" which the os does not actively support, however within NVC profiles you can enable the profile to try and actively "vertical sync" the application . which in my personal mind does a better job then the game does in full screen. 

1d9535dbabb56147946425326a3ed0a612f485c6

This is how it looks for me, fair enough I run 4k 28" monitors,  I run the game in "2k" 2560x1440. (the best res forget 4k even in fullscreen) and yes this res is still overkill for apb in its current state. 

another pic from game play 

d2f0e7b9f506b652e71211608e85624992f47842

In game screen grab whilst in action, haze had his head shot , fps on the side, not  a massively active scene, but never drops below 61.2 max 62 fps. (vysnc max is 60)

Last thing. Nvidia Gsync. This I found out has a habit of been on as default,  and for me my monitors although "freesync" do not support Gsync or cross compatibility.  

3c3b35b4d59dfdc6a4839392dafa3eb53ab1b53d

you can Enable this feature but really it was causing more issues for my work flow then worth the time.  so i disabled the feature out right.  Its worth checking if you do not have compatible monitors to turn this off. 

Hope this helps those who wish to play and are willing to learn/tweak.     

Oh and if this helps you get into the game and play then give this a ♥ or 🏆 in the corner so I know we are making progress. 👍 thanks

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:47 AM, Sgt Drayke said:

Hello, so I just wanted to update this to my current tweaks which have been really stable. this also includes the recent windows update that caused some fps stutters. 

As always this is all based on my setup, which is unique, but focuses on a few key factors surround an RTX 3k  Graphics card. again usual legal "at your own risk" and this is not for the green fingered pc users. 

So recap  

Intel 8 Core 16 Thread @3.2 , DDR4 2333mhz (amount doesn't matter but its more then required and above 10gb.)  Graphics Card is an EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX3070 running latest Nvidia drivers. Also Running latest version of Precision X1, with Boost lock off and OSD Disabled.  also running OS on SSD, game is installed to a SATA III (3)6gb 3tb HDD. 

Extra bits of info, Monitors are connected by display port, at 60hz (max for my monitors)   OS Version 20h2 (from a fresh iso install not Updated to) build 19042.928, This also includes latest Netframework, VC_distru x86 + x64 , also includes Dx update package to include DX12U from os install.  <<< This is very important with RTX 3k,  Fresh OS install is best with 3k cards do not install into an old environment.  

Running the game away from an active OS drive is still key, especially hdd, this being a secondary storage device with out OS or other continuous w/r applications on it. for some reason when i run the game on ssd it just doesn't like it . im not going to dig into this issue.   * added note The game is in a completely Vanilla state, no code tweaks or use of AdvL.

Iv made a change to the Nvidia Profile for APB Reloaded,  (remember this only works if you tell NVC to use Advanced 3d settings) 

9d1d5aff0b71c7b2e4990d4f4ec3b1cb77cf7e2d

Copy these , you will see iv set a "background fps limit" as my monitors only go to 60hz, so iv set an over head of 10.  (remember global settings is what my default is, refer to what is in the ( ) Brackets) but i have kept the game / application fps to unlimited max

in game settings are as follows.   

e804792743d6c09b4693d6e6d49363ed89b98a19

You can see here i have disabled Vsync, this is because i run the game in "window mode" which the os does not actively support, however within NVC profiles you can enable the profile to try and actively "vertical sync" the application . which in my personal mind does a better job then the game does in full screen. 

1d9535dbabb56147946425326a3ed0a612f485c6

This is how it looks for me, fair enough I run 4k 28" monitors,  I run the game in "2k" 2560x1440. (the best res forget 4k even in fullscreen) and yes this res is still overkill for apb in its current state. 

another pic from game play 

d2f0e7b9f506b652e71211608e85624992f47842

In game screen grab whilst in action, haze had his head shot , fps on the side, not  a massively active scene, but never drops below 61.2 max 62 fps. (vysnc max is 60)

Last thing. Nvidia Gsync. This I found out has a habit of been on as default,  and for me my monitors although "freesync" do not support Gsync or cross compatibility.  

3c3b35b4d59dfdc6a4839392dafa3eb53ab1b53d

you can Enable this feature but really it was causing more issues for my work flow then worth the time.  so i disabled the feature out right.  Its worth checking if you do not have compatible monitors to turn this off. 

Hope this helps those who wish to play and are willing to learn/tweak.     

Oh and if this helps you get into the game and play then give this a ♥ or 🏆 in the corner so I know we are making progress. 👍 thanks

just as a note, but freesync and gsync are compatible between each other, it's just that freesync's good results aren't guaranteed on nvidia cards.

Hello @Ketog Hmm didn't need to quote the entire thing, but ay ..   cheers for the note. 

yes "most" are now "supported". But originally they weren't, and thats where confusion starts for non tech players.

So to my understanding some freesync monitors are still not compatible to Gsync (Nvidia) . There is a huge difference to "supported" and "compatible" this is due to the market monopoly between manufacturers and licenses. As well as actual tech (chips)   there is a vast list of freesync monitors that are "ment to be" compatible depending on "build versions" etc.  Just like my own Samsung freesync monitors are ment to be but are not compatible direct from manufacturers and to nvidia specifics  yes I could force them to work.  How ever doing so can cause other issues with os and other applications if you do not do it app specific however app specific is still a pain. Iv spent many hours researching and testing.   Example of this setting NvC to Gsync full screen or windowed application would cause my editing applications to produce visual errors in all available options. 

So that's why I have worded my piece how I have to not incorrectly claim a fact. 

More info check this article 

Besides that good job drayke trying to help others.🙄

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952fa72b95edef4a1f3f 

Edited by Sgt Drayke

2 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

That is exact my problem and it happens a lot, going to try it out if it helps. Hopefully it does!

Already thanks! 🙂

16 hours ago, Infinate said:

2 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

That is exact my problem and it happens a lot, going to try it out if it helps. Hopefully it does!

Already thanks! 🙂

Sadly that does not work for me. The game keeps being frozen and I can't minimise it either.

Does this also have anything to do with not being able to play the game? I have a GTX 1650, and recently right after I picked one of my characters, the game immediately kicks me back to the login screen and I couldn't even click to join a district at all. The problem still persists to this day, even after several reinstalls, switching from steam's launcher to GF's launcher, and numerous launcher repairs. 

On 5/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, Infinate said:

Sadly that does not work for me. The game keeps being frozen and I can't minimise it either.

@Infinate Dm me  Il try to help. currently got alot going on in personal life. but when i can il ping a message back with some pointers. 

On 5/8/2021 at 6:05 PM, Naphta1ene said:

Does this also have anything to do with not being able to play the game? I have a GTX 1650, and recently right after I picked one of my characters, the game immediately kicks me back to the login screen and I couldn't even click to join a district at all. The problem still persists to this day, even after several reinstalls, switching from steam's launcher to GF's launcher, and numerous launcher repairs. 

@Naphta1ene GTX family should be good with no real issues. other then 1650 is not a gaming/strong contender.,   This issue youv stated happens to me randomly too. its not graphics related, I think its either a server handshake issue, or worse. 

with apb you shouldnt switch launchers or computers to much, you can lock trades etc from re-intalls and switching.   its another counter measure in place. this "may" also cause the lock out.  but 

3 types of this issue,  

1) kick out from log in

2) kick out when selecting a character from within an account (this can just be an issue with handshake between server and client or even getting data from source) 

3) kick out once selecting district as load splash screen appears (this i believe is server handshake  which is why you get kicked right out to log in screen) 

in some instances you can just hit ok, go back out to log in screen (if loaded through steam) just hit the steam log in and it will put you straight into character select and you can join a game.  what i do when it happens. 

The kick out and not being able to get back in  is a bit more tricky,. if it physically blocks you from logging in, then i would suspect the entire account has been blocked, why ?? dont know. how to fix.. via support, will it be fixed.. duno / probably not any time soon. (due to staff not in the office etc.) 

On 5/9/2021 at 11:22 PM, Sgt Drayke said:

@Infinate Dm me  Il try to help. currently got alot going on in personal life. but when i can il ping a message back with some pointers. 

@Naphta1ene GTX family should be good with no real issues. other then 1650 is not a gaming/strong contender.,   This issue youv stated happens to me randomly too. its not graphics related, I think its either a server handshake issue, or worse. 

with apb you shouldnt switch launchers or computers to much, you can lock trades etc from re-intalls and switching.   its another counter measure in place. this "may" also cause the lock out.  but 

3 types of this issue,  

1) kick out from log in

2) kick out when selecting a character from within an account (this can just be an issue with handshake between server and client or even getting data from source) 

3) kick out once selecting district as load splash screen appears (this i believe is server handshake  which is why you get kicked right out to log in screen) 

in some instances you can just hit ok, go back out to log in screen (if loaded through steam) just hit the steam log in and it will put you straight into character select and you can join a game.  what i do when it happens. 

The kick out and not being able to get back in  is a bit more tricky,. if it physically blocks you from logging in, then i would suspect the entire account has been blocked, why ?? dont know. how to fix.. via support, will it be fixed.. duno / probably not any time soon. (due to staff not in the office etc.) 

Thanks for willing to help but it works now, most of the times because sometimes it just freezes to death lol and no way to get it running again. I still tend to crash a lot though with other errors, a common one I get is the "APB ran out of memory" which I don't understand because I have 16gb of  Physical Memory (RAM).
I just got a fresh desktop so it somehow confuses me since not a lot of different programs should be installed/running that could interfere with APB.

There's multiple versions of the GTX 1650. One has GDDR5 memory, the others have GDDR6. The GDDR6 models have the same crashing issue, "Ran out of memory", as the RTX cards.

Use GPUz or CPUz to check which memory type you have.

hey all,   So iv been able to do some more tweaking, previously i was pushing "window mode" at a reduced resolution from native as the "only best" option,   it still is the better option for performance, however further testing & monitoring loads, you can make the game go "full screen window mode" , and for the sake of proof, in 4k, iv made a quick video (at around 2am so i do dribble on a bit 😂) showing the game running maxed out at 4k 60fps+ with full vysnc support.   trick really is to take advantage of the Nvc,  because the game is operating in a window there is no point in having vsync or smooth frame on as it will be void, allow Nvc to take control of this, additionally this will reduce the games "memory usage" reducing the risk of the horrid error message.     

There really isnt any point in my view running the game at 4k, 2k is visually the same and less then half the requirement on resources. but due to the games resolution options with "full screen window mode" you dont get the option for a resolution slider.  There is no point requesting this option at this stage with the update coming, the new engine should have the feature allowing you to adjust res within any displayable state.,  also for those running 120 / 144 fps monitors this should work, adjust your fps limit to 10+ your native fps.  so i use 60 = 70 , 120 = 130 . 144 = 154 .    really anything above 70  is an argument of personal belief. 

Description from Video on YouTube 

"Video showing my latest stable config running APB Reloaded full screen 4k with RTX Graphics cards, Focusing on the 3k Series. Using Nvc to create a custom Profile. All game footage is 4k 3840x2160 at 60fps. Audio is through an AE-5 Plus 5.1 surround sound downmixed to stereo for this video on YouTube. Occasional stutter is the capture software struggling and "lag spikes" causing small fps drops."

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gordoIsMyName said:

just ran the stock game - no edits to anything outside of the game - and it ran fine on an RTX 3070 for a few hours.

good to hear. 👌

a lot of the time its dependant on three things, 

1) the "type" / manufacture of card you have. And if your running it OC (be it manually or manufacture oc) 

2) what mode you have Nvc/Experience set to ie max/app/balanced

3) how far your pushing the game Ie high spec resolution / FPS / high - ultra graphics. etc. 

it really is unique to the build,.. what may be stock game for you is not for someone else.  

Happy gaming 👍😉

Edited by Sgt Drayke

I have the same problem with my 2060 but I managed to make the game run properly. Right click on Apb launcher and set it so that Apb is started in Windows 7-8 mode and always start apb as adminestrator now I have had no problems for 2 days hope it stays that way . Sry for my bad english 

Hi , no problems here on rtx 2070 super. Also using a super tweaked version of windows 10 .

On 6/29/2021 at 8:21 PM, Sgt Drayke said:

good to hear. 👌

a lot of the time its dependant on three things, 

1) the "type" / manufacture of card you have. And if your running it OC (be it manually or manufacture oc) 

2) what mode you have Nvc/Experience set to ie max/app/balanced

3) how far your pushing the game Ie high spec resolution / FPS / high - ultra graphics. etc. 

it really is unique to the build,.. what may be stock game for you is not for someone else.  

Happy gaming 👍😉

Hello Sgt Drayke,

You appear to have done a lot of testing and I have some questions about your tweaks.

What happens if you keep everything as you have done but run the GFX card at 100% factory settings? So undo all the EVGA precision settings so that the card is running as EVGA advertised.

And why does your card show 2040MHz for the GPU?

On 11/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, Ketog said:

Curious if that happens on 30 series cards, if anyone has it, hit me up

3060 Ti user, freezes and crashes most certainly happen very commonly with spawning and sometimes just roaming.

Most common on Waterfront (the middle spawn [HUB]
Slightly less crashing on Financial

Never crashed in Asylum Fight Club

On 11/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, ElectroStingz said:

Hello Sgt Drayke,

You appear to have done a lot of testing and I have some questions about your tweaks.

What happens if you keep everything as you have done but run the GFX card at 100% factory settings? So undo all the EVGA precision settings so that the card is running as EVGA advertised.

And why does your card show 2040MHz for the GPU?

Hey ElectroStingz. (apologies for the very late reply)  A "small" amount of testing.. 😂 so first question . How I Start all scenarios/testing is to have everything stock be it gpu and os.  but "stock" will never be the most efficient/optimised .  for me when the card setup is completely stock and the NVc is stock (no profiles) i was having stability issues in game. so yes would play but card was not happy, game would crash. 

Second question.  2040 is a lot of the time its happy place (ingame, out of game desktop etc card is 210mhz clock so idle) . with a lot of special sauce 🤏 tweeks.

But to be precise if your interested. (but i wont share my secrets)   how I have it setup with my system allows it be flexible with the system requirements, instead of just setting the gpu to be at max performance or heat soaking the hole time.  so  system bios setup, os setup and gpu setup is vital,.    so if I'm video editing  i have profiles set to get the most performance but stability out of it inline with the system/application demands.  same as the profiles i create for  games (note that not all games are the same/equal. your avag gamer will just install and play. but if you actually look at what hardware/software the games prefer you can get better performance/optimisation and reliability .)     the big one is the gpu doesn't have any bottlenecks in terms of pci lanes, CPU and System Memory all 32gb of it nor its bank of SSD's . Really the only bottleneck is APB Running on a 7200RPM SataIII Hard Disk Drive but that said the game (for me) runs better on HDD rather then SSD. (strange but iv spent ours testing it)   additionally like i covered in that video that i "under volt" my card from 100% continues pw to 90% if it was to be at max load. this actually has been proven by many PC builders and also mine, the card is alot happier especially between boost.  means extra pwr is on the table if needed, additionally the cards power input "area" on pcb isnt being heat soaked by excess power draw, my system also has very good cooling.  most of the time my card never actually cicles its fans even sitting around 50c . but iv put in an aggressive fan curve if it does peak.  I think Stock out of EVGA my card is meant to boost clock to 1775 , Iv seen them OC to 2195.  

Any "pc" user that pays big money for good hardware that just installs a game and begins playing it might aswell get a console.  Zero setup requirement,. but if you actually want to call your self a "PC Gamer" you will appreciate some games are made with amd in mind or nvidia, or whether they support cuda. physX or Msaa Hbo etc bla bla bla.. and you will take the time to configure an actualy profile for the game. not just hit the NVC "max performance" key like some Youtuber PC builders say you should do. 

hope that kinda helps. 

On 2/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, Sgt Drayke said:

Hey ElectroStingz. (apologies for the very late reply)  A "small" amount of testing.. 😂 so first question . How I Start all scenarios/testing is to have everything stock be it gpu and os.  but "stock" will never be the most efficient/optimised .  for me when the card setup is completely stock and the NVc is stock (no profiles) i was having stability issues in game. so yes would play but card was not happy, game would crash.

Given this scenario, in summary you are saying to get it stable you had to underclock your GFX card?

had all of these issues, they were fixed within 3 things i've done

we'll get the part some people can't do out of the way- I installed Windows 11, I'm completely unsure if this resulted in many of these issues going away, but I kind of had to do to a HDD failure earlier this year, and after installing it, I haven't had any of the above issues

full hangs completely stopped after I switched to FSWindowed mode back on 10

and lastly Out of Memory hasn't happened since i moved APB to an SSD 2 years ago.

Be sure the AA in APB is turned off no matter what system you run, it's a beta feature and causes a host of issues

My Specs:
Intel I5 9600k
GTX 1660 Super
32GB 3200Mhz RAM

1440x1080(stretched) @144hz 
All settings checked on Max except low quality health hud
AA and Anisotropy disabled.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, ElectroStingz said:

Given this scenario, in summary you are saying to get it stable you had to underclock your GFX card?

To make my system stable (not just gaming or gpu) , so being = Not over heating, Not Throttling the GPU, but also optimize Power usage for the rest of the system.  So not for the game  as such,  the game would have random moments of needing alot of GPU, thus increase Power Draw. if your gpu says i want 100% power and a small bit more for nv Boost, then your at 102% this very quick request can make your PSU unstable or who system, But just dropping your Gpu down by 5% can help reduce the risk of this happing , in that situation the gpu will only demanding 97% say of its total ability theres no way of the gpu demanding more voltage then available and chocking its self. or causing voltage drops through the system. 

under volting can actually Aid thermals (lower thermal heat soak) and guarantees a set voltage for the gpu.  and thus optimise longevity of performance over long periods of time instead of short bursts.     so for what i do i know i can run my gpu under load of 90%+ for hours i think recently for 6/7 hours with out thermal throttling, voltage demand issues, or any performance drop. 

JaytwoCents did a nice video after admitting he was wrong about hitting everything to max, when he was shown undervolting and the gains you can get in terms of optimised performance over long periods of time.  youl have to flick through his channel though as i cant remember what video it was 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:43 PM, Crunk said:

we'll get the part some people can't do out of the way- I installed Windows 11, 

- - - -

AA and Anisotropy disabled.

Crunk good luck with W11, I personally wont be going near it but im interested to see how people get on, there will always be bugs in the first year of an os,.  some say its great an others have reverted back, 

Yes Beta stuff is tuchy hents why its beta. . Anisotropy is just crud.