Ketog

📝For all GTX 16xx and RTX series users

Since LittleOrbit never gave an official statement on these crashes, here's an explanation of what is the current issue:

There is currently a quite significant crash issue that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing and Ampere graphics cards which includes cards from the GTX 16xx Series as well as ALL RTX Series cards:

Here are the 3 common issues that all have been experienced users of those graphics cards, note that those crashes tend to happen on respawn/ right after a respawn:

1 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

2: Game completely stops working on respawn and you get "APB Is not responding" OR The crash reporter pops up and shows you "Device lost" / "Result failed" in the log

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

3: Game stops abruptly and you get an "Out of Memory" error.
     This bug is more of an overall APB problem, but is more prone to happen on RTX cards, you can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, it might either fix completely or only delay the crash.

All those issues are common to all Nvidia Turing and Ampere cards, and are caused by their new driver architecture being based around 64 bit instructions.

There is no known way to fix these issues other than upgrading the game engine to natively support 64 bit instructions. (Note that this bug is already fixed in the engine upgrade client that has been beta tested by players)

Whatever kind of "FIX" you find will most of the time work only for you and no one else.

A quick note that i can give, is that older drivers might be able to completely fix all those problems, i sadly do not know which which driver version, keep in mind that the RTX 3000 Series specifically, can't use older drivers due to being unsupported by said older drivers.

The occurrence of this bug varies heavily between users, some never had the issues while some crash almost every time on respawn, it is absolutely random and pretty much impossible to track down due to pc setups always being slightly different.

The only real fix that is known to work for everyone is... well, the engine upgrade, pretty much we can't do anything other than wait for Little Orbit to release the upgraded APB for us to play without issues.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

i heard it also happens on last gen (RX 5XXX Series) AMD cards to a lesser extent but with no confirmation.

pls check ur sources next time

On 6/9/2020 at 1:59 PM, Ketog said:

The only real fix that is known to work for the issues is to wait for the engine upgrade.

yea well... LO just spit us (me) paying RTX customer into the face...

but yea i'll wait for the engine upgrade in 2033...

Edited by HighSociety

On 6/9/2020 at 6:36 PM, heelruby said:

pls check ur sources next time

well i try, but sometimes people just complain and leave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

well i try, but sometimes people just complain and leave

don't take them seriously then 🤷‍♀️

i personally don't have any issues with these cards on apb, and also know quite a bunch of people who don't have any issues either

11 hours ago, heelruby said:

don't take them seriously then 🤷‍♀️

i personally don't have any issues with these cards on apb, and also know quite a bunch of people who don't have any issues either

noted, removing from the post then, i'd rather write it here and say that it's not sure, rather than leave people in the dark so

47 minutes ago, Ketog said:

noted, removing from the post then, i'd rather write it here and say that it's not sure, rather than leave people in the dark so

ty

i'll likely know before anyone here if there are issues on these

Thank you... that's explain a lot despite I "wasted time" to update driver etc, the situation is still the same ..

It hangs at the start.
White or black screen

Last driver nvidia GTX1070

16 hours ago, igorg11 said:

It hangs at the start.
White or black screen

Last driver nvidia GTX1070

GTX 10xx aren't affected by this issue as far as i know, did you get any error pop up?

3 hours ago, Ketog said:

GTX 10xx aren't affected by this issue as far as i know, did you get any error pop up?

Yes.

APB_PerfLogging: Playerstate: Entering district
19:43:50 - APB_PerfLogging: Session id: E1AD4F72BB534B88A872A5AEDAA1CD98
19:43:50 - Warning: Options UI: Unable to find relection info for config variable - ..\APBGame\Config\DefaultMachineOptions.ini Options MuteOnFocusChange
19:43:50 - Warning: Options UI: Unable to find relection info for config variable - ..\APBGame\Config\DefaultMachineOptions.ini Options MovieSubtitles
19:43:50 - Warning: Options UI: Unable to find relection info for config variable - ..\APBGame\Config\DefaultMachineOptions.ini Options Subtitles
19:43:50 - Log: cAPBPlayerController_0 got player LocalPlayer_0
19:43:50 - Error: Failed binding datastore <CharacterCreate:Worlds>: Top level datastore (CharacterCreate) not found.
19:43:50 - Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\APBGame\Localization\INT\Options.INT
19:43:50 - APB_UI: UcUIDataStore_GameFlowManager::StartFrontEndFlow()
19:43:50 - APB_UI: UcUIDataStore_GameFlowManager::OpenIntroMovieScene()
19:43:50 - Progress: FrontEnd State Change Request: 0 -> 1
19:43:50 - Log: Starting file streamed movie...SplashScreen ()
19:43:50 - Log: Playing movie [SplashScreen]
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( ChatInterface_Log )
19:43:50 - Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\APBGame\Localization\RUS\UIChat.RUS
19:43:50 - Log: Unmute bink movie
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( Clock )
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( HUDMessageBase )
19:43:50 - Warning: Property RefreshSubscriberNotifies of SceneDataStore is not serializable for package:  ..\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\Interface\APBMenus_HUD_HudMessage.upk
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( HUDMessage_Default0 )
19:43:50 - Warning: Property RefreshSubscriberNotifies of SceneDataStore is not serializable for package:  ..\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\Interface\APBMenus_HUD_HudMessage.upk
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( HUDMessage_System1 )
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( HUDMessage_Tutorial2 )
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( HUDMessage_HeatLevel53 )
19:43:50 - APB_UI: TriggerSceneOpenedPopupDialog( PopUpMenu )
19:43:50 - APB_PERFWARNING: Spawning actor class 'cHUDBase' took 183.911000ms
19:43:50 - Error: SpawnPlayActor took too long: 0.000001 -> 0.000829 -> 0.073339 -> 0.257280
19:43:50 - Log: ########### Finished loading level: 0.939602 seconds
19:43:50 - APB_Timing: BeforeLoadEntryLevel -> AfterLoadEntryLevel: 0.953813 secs
19:43:54 - Log: Keyboard HookProc called - Alt + Tab
19:43:54 - Log: HookProc called with kill-rendering-thread message
19:43:55 - Log: Exception handler starts.
19:43:55 - Log: Main thread is suspended.
19:43:55 - Log: UE3 memory allocator is unlocked.
19:43:55 - Log: Memory freed for exception handler.
19:43:55 - Log: ErrorCode : 0x2004
19:43:55 - Log: Create minidump.
19:43:55 - Log: Create internal minidump: D:\games\APB Reloaded\Binaries\..\APBGame\Logs\2020.06.11-22.42.30-19852.dmp
19:43:55 - Log: Create an empty file for the internal minidump.
19:43:55 - Log: Generate internal minidump with MiniDumpWriteDump.
19:43:55 - Log: MiniDumpWriteDump for internal minidump succeeded!
19:43:55 - Log: Generate external dump file name.
19:43:55 - Log: Create external minidump: D:\games\APB Reloaded\Binaries\..\APBGame\Logs\2020.06.11-22.42.30-19852_Catcher.dmp 
19:43:55 - Log: Copy the exception info to shared memory
19:43:55 - Log: Wake up APB_Catcher.
19:43:55 - Log: Wait for APB_Catcher to finish.
19:43:55 - Log: APB_Catcher failed!
19:43:55 - Log: Creating external mini-dump failed!
19:43:55 - Log: Process mindump file: D:\games\APB Reloaded\Binaries\..\APBGame\Logs\2020.06.11-22.42.30-19852.dmp
19:43:55 - Log: kdprogram -z D:\games\APB Reloaded\Binaries\..\APBGame\Logs\2020.06.11-22.42.30-19852.dmp -y "Lib/Release_USER;Symbols/Release_USER" -c ".ecxr;.lines -e;k 50;q"
19:43:55 - Log: Executable not found!
19:43:55 - Log: RunAppProc failed!
19:43:55 - Log: ProcessMiniDump failed!
19:43:55 - Log: Search for callstack text.
19:43:55 - Log: Callstack text not found.
19:43:55 - Log: Get GPF description.
19:43:55 - Log: 
19:43:55 - Log: Exception: Sending CrashReport callback event...
19:43:55 - Log: Client crash report
19:43:55 - Log: Map APBLoginLevel

Merged.

Ram 12 GB

Its very hard for me to play right now and i have the graphics right down. Very very jittery.

i dont know what you mean ...

unfreezed ram usage displayed at 30minute

and yes i sucked at this gameplay cause of 1920x1080 ... i tend to play 1024x768 ...

ps. i found a way to get 2.099MB of usage for APB all players turns white and after liek 40min of gameplay im getting General Protection Fault without any other information 🙂 i will nee dto investegate it but that thing makes my game runs 144FPS at 1920x1080 on RTX2080 Super ... isnt that good enough ??

Edited by TheSxW

On 6/15/2020 at 2:26 PM, TheSxW said:

i dont know what you mean ...

unfreezed ram usage displayed at 30minute

and yes i sucked at this gameplay cause of 1920x1080 ... i tend to play 1024x768 ...

ps. i found a way to get 2.099MB of usage for APB all players turns white and after liek 40min of gameplay im getting General Protection Fault without any other information 🙂 i will nee dto investegate it but that thing makes my game runs 144FPS at 1920x1080 on RTX2080 Super ... isnt that good enough ??

general protection fault is usually caused by a game file not being the original one, custom loading screens as an exemple or custom shaders

Curious if that happens on 30 series cards, if anyone has it, hit me up

yep i got a 1660. i can run 120 normal, but i often do get stuck on frozen spawn maps. really makes the game harder to play because i gotta take were i spawn and pray no one is camping my spawn point with an hvr.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:59 AM, Ketog said:

Since LO never gave an official statement on these crashes, here's a complete explanation of what is the issue:

There is currently a big crash issue with the game that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing cards that includes all cards from the GTX 16xx Series, and the RTX Series.

Here are the 3 common issues that all have been experienced users of those Graphics cards, note that those crashes tend to happen on respawn/ right after a respawn:

1: Game suddenly stops and gives you an Out of memory error.

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

2 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

3: Game completely stops working on respawn and you get "APB Is not responding" OR The crash reporter pops up and shows you "Device lost" / "Result failed" in the log

All those issues are common to all Nvidia Turing cards, and are caused by their new driver architecture being based around 64 bit instructions.

There is no way to fix these issues other than upgrading the game engine to natively support 64 bit instructions. (That bug is already fixed in the engine upgrade)

Whatever kind of "FIX" you find will most of the time work only for you and no one else.

A quick note that i can give, is that older drivers might be able to completely fix all those problems, i sadly do not know which which driver version.

The occurrence of this bug varies heavily between users, some never had the issues while some crash 70% of the time on respawn, it is absolutely random and pretty much impossible to track down due to pc setups always being slightly different.

The only real fix that is known to work for everyone is... well, the engine upgrade, pretty much we can't do anything other than wait.

I use medium settings using APB advanced launcher and this helped with the crashes but sadly the game has barely playable pop in Jericho now.

Seems like RTX 3000 Users only experience the issue number 2

This could possibly be due to RTX 3000 Series all being equipped with error correcting memory as suggested by @KyoukiDotExe

If any of you get crashes with the RTX 3000 Series, i'd like you guys to share with me the contents of your crash logs, thanks!

Huh interesting.   So I am also running a RTX3070 and got the error message . figured i just needed to reinstall it since upgrade, got it again. so ..                 

I initially got the "out of memory error" running the game 2560x1440 at max everything and full screen with vysnc on + smooth frames,  Reminded me of the old errors back in the day regarding 3gb system memory limit. 

So the simple fix I have found, like back in the day, Run the game in window, (for me at 2560x1440, Disable Vsync in game, (window mode does not run vysnc anyway) disable "render eye-lashes" &  Anti-Aliasing. also only set "anisotropy" to x2, I found over the years anything above 2 just caused issues.     I have still got the game running max on everything else. 

Note: In Nvidia Control panel > Manage 3d settings > Vertical sync = on  (this will manage your desktop sync including "window modes in game, 

Also worth noting that most old dx9 games dont like fullscreen on RTX cards. 

No more error messages game is running stable,  I understand everyones systems are different, but worth a try to anyone running an RTX 3k  with issues. 

System Specs if you need to know, 

Intel 8 core 16 thread 3.4ghz

32gb ddr4 2133Mhz 

OS ssd,

Game Drive 7200rpm sataIII (6)

Evga RTX3070 XC3 Ultra

Edited by Sgt Drayke

I'm running into the same issues on an RTX 2070 Super. I just applied similar settings to yours, Sarge, and will come back with results.

Edit: Nope, the first mission I did, here it is: 

m_VertexBuffer->Lock(m_nNextVertexData, Size, &pData, VertexLockFlags) failed 
 at Src\D3D9DrawPrimitiveUPWrapper.cpp:293 
 with error D3DERR_DEVICELOST

History:
00:32:13 - Log: Log file closed, 20/01/21 02:32:13

Edited by Yangeline

13 hours ago, Yangeline said:

History:

Ok so... with out going all in geek talk 😎

"D3DERR_DEVICELOST" = "D3DERR_DEVICELOST errors are usually caused by an issue with the graphics drivers on the system. This can be a conflict with DirectX 3D drivers or display drivers for your video card (such as the NVIDIA display drivers for GT, GTX & RTX cards or Radeon drivers for the AMD Radeon RX and RX Vega cards). You can try to update the drivers or perform a clean install of the drivers for your graphics card to resolve this issue."

Also failed at Src\ would say at "source" .. \D3d9..... 

So three things I would look into.. 

1, did you do a complete clean install of the latest driver for your card?  - Clean as in completely remove the old driver and reinstall. *(not install /replace original) = it is rare but well known that when gpu drivers do their smart install they can corrupt files.  make sure you download the latest version, put it to desktop and then when you unistall your gpu driver you know exactly were the new one will be, 

you can also use DDU Here (direct link to Guru3d)  BUT you need to read the instructions and understand what you need to do.  

2. Worth doing a repair/install of the latest Dx pack. from Here (Direct link MS site select language and download)  follow onscreen instructions , selected either repair or install depending which it offers.  ( note that you should be up dating your os, Preferably its windows 10 for RTX cards) 

3. Have you installed the latest Net framework. 4.5 i think we are on now.. wrong 4.8 get it here (direct link MS site click download) 

once you have done any 1 of the 3 options you should always do a clean restart your computer. and when you launch APB Validate files/repair. 

AS for Antivirus, Dx files are normally associated with MS OS, however if you have installed any "applications" of the free or not from a secure source. that might of used or configured with your Dx files then AV might restricted access.  normally dodgy 3rd party games or mobile games using emulators, 

hope this helps. let me know how it goes.  👌

On 1/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, Yangeline said:

I'm running into the same issues on an RTX 2070 Super. I just applied similar settings to yours, Sarge, and will come back with results.

History:

Welcome to our world my friend, we can only wait, you might see the bug randomly dissapear, it does that sometimes for some people, in my case it always happens

On 1/20/2021 at 2:01 AM, Sgt Drayke said:

Ok so... with out going all in geek talk 😎

"D3DERR_DEVICELOST" = "D3DERR_DEVICELOST errors are usually caused by an issue with the graphics drivers on the system. This can be a conflict with DirectX 3D drivers or display drivers for your video card (such as the NVIDIA display drivers for GT, GTX & RTX cards or Radeon drivers for the AMD Radeon RX and RX Vega cards). You can try to update the drivers or perform a clean install of the drivers for your graphics card to resolve this issue."

Also failed at Src\ would say at "source" .. \D3d9..... 

So three things I would look into.. 

1, did you do a complete clean install of the latest driver for your card?  - Clean as in completely remove the old driver and reinstall. *(not install /replace original) = it is rare but well known that when gpu drivers do their smart install they can corrupt files.  make sure you download the latest version, put it to desktop and then when you unistall your gpu driver you know exactly were the new one will be, 

you can also use DDU Here (direct link to Guru3d)  BUT you need to read the instructions and understand what you need to do.  

2. Worth doing a repair/install of the latest Dx pack. from Here (Direct link MS site select language and download)  follow onscreen instructions , selected either repair or install depending which it offers.  ( note that you should be up dating your os, Preferably its windows 10 for RTX cards) 

3. Have you installed the latest Net framework. 4.5 i think we are on now.. wrong 4.8 get it here (direct link MS site click download) 

once you have done any 1 of the 3 options you should always do a clean restart your computer. and when you launch APB Validate files/repair. 

AS for Antivirus, Dx files are normally associated with MS OS, however if you have installed any "applications" of the free or not from a secure source. that might of used or configured with your Dx files then AV might restricted access.  normally dodgy 3rd party games or mobile games using emulators, 

hope this helps. let me know how it goes.  👌

I tried all the possible tweaks you might remotely think about, trust me as much as i understand you want to help, there is no fix for it.

Hi Professional Egghead.   hope your well 👍 

I get that everyone's setup (hardware build plus OS / software) are all different,   some of the tips I gave have helped a few already in my community, so simply sharing it out might help more. 🤷‍♂️

I did forget to mention, although not as common is Resolution, If people are running res's that where not common back when the game was originally created or to last related patch, 

for example  monitors using ultra wide 3440x1440 ,3840x1200  2560x1080 as examples.. you will notice issues with older Dx9 games, if the support for these resolutions are not included,  

to my understanding APBR was only launched with support of Vga Dynamic - 640x480 upto 1920x1200 2560x1600 and then later patched to support HD 720 1080. running any game above release req would add system load, and during my own testing I have found running the game fullscreen 4k or fullscreen 1440 does indeed use more system memory and present the "out of memory" error.  however for my self running window 1440, the game does not go above 3gb system memory.  this could also contribute to the DX error. when I have been able to run the game Fullscreen 4k, 3830x2160 the game struggles although putting the game to window mode  above 7k across two screens the game does not struggle. 🤔 

besides all of that..  😂

If you don't mind me asking, what issue was you having  if you were?

I'm looking forward to Yangeline reply if they have tried. if not meh no biggy. 

keep safe all.