Golderlight123

A Possible Work Around For The RTX 2080 Super

Hi Guys and Girls

I want to just say if you're frustrated  that you can't play on max settings due the Out of memory issue if you just can't stand not having max settings. If you have a external hdd a cheap one that is. i tested it myself it works for me but i need some more players who have a external hdd to try the work around.

All you need is a external hdd a cheap one, i know some people will not be able to afford one,

Possible fix

1 - put the game on the external hdd

2 - make sure your game is on max settings

3 - if the game freezes on the spawn point after death then press ctrl, Alt, delete, then go back in game.

If this works for you then leave a reply, Hope this fixed the out of memory issue for you until the engine upgrade.

afaik you don't need to put the game on an external drive, and this workaround only works for certain rtx crashes

30 minutes ago, Golderlight123 said:

Hi Guys and Girls

I want to just say if you're frustrated  that you can't play on max settings due the Out of memory issue if you just can't stand not having max settings. If you have a external hdd a cheap one that is. i tested it myself it works for me but i need some more players who have a external hdd to try the work around.

All you need is a external hdd a cheap one, i know some people will not be able to afford one,

Possible fix

1 - put the game on the external hdd

2 - make sure your game is on max settings

3 - if the game freezes on the spawn point after death then press ctrl, Alt, delete, then go back in game.

If this works for you then leave a reply, Hope this fixed the out of memory issue for you until the engine upgrade.

You putting the game on your HDD / in maximum is a fix just for you not for everyone:

Since LO never gave an official statement on these crashes, here's a complete explanation of what is the issue:

There is currently a big crash issue with the game that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing cards that includes all cards from the GTX 16xx Series, and the RTX Series , i heard it also happens on last gen ( RX 5XXX  )Series AMD cards to a lesser extent but with no confirmation.

Here are the 3 common issues that all have been experienced users of those Graphics cards:

1: Game suddenly stops and gives you an Out of memory error.

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

2 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

3: Game completely stops working on respawn and you get "APB Is not responding" OR The crash reporter pops up and shows you "Device lost" / "Result failed"

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

All those issues are common to all Nvidia Turing cards, and are caused by their new driver architecture being based around 64 bit instructions.

There is no way to fix these issues other than upgrading the game engine to natively support 64 bit instructions. (That bug is already fixed in the engine upgrade)

Whatever kind of "FIX" you find will most of the time work only for you and no one else, there is no actual fix for this.

The occurrence of this bug varies heavily between users, some never had the issues while some crash 70% of the time on respawn, it is absolutely random and pretty much impossible to track down due to pc setups always being slightly different.

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

You putting the game on your HDD / in maximum is a fix just for you not for everyone:

Since LO never gave an official statement on these crashes, here's a complete explanation of what is the issue:

There is currently a big crash issue with the game that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing cards that includes all cards from the GTX 16xx Series, and the RTX Series , i heard it also happens on last gen ( RX 5XXX  )Series AMD cards to a lesser extent but never confirmation.

Here are the 3 common issues that all have been experienced users of those Graphics cards:

You can mitigate this issue (1) by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

3: Game completely stops working on respawn and you get "APB Is not responding" OR The crash reporter pops up and shows you "Device lost" / "Result failed"

All those issues are common to all Nvidia Turing cards, and are caused by their new driver architecture being based around 64 bit instructions.

There is no way to fix these issues other than upgrading the game engine to natively support 64 bit instructions. (That bug is already fixed in the engine upgrade)

Whatever kind of "FIX" you find will most of the time work only for you and no one else, there is no actual fix for this.

The occurrence of this bug varies heavily between users, some never had the issues while some crash 70% of the time on respawn, it is absolutely random and pretty much impossible to track down due to pc setups always being slightly different.

That's why i said a possible fix.. also i said if people can test this too. but thanks for the reply tho much appreciated 

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

i heard it also happens on last gen ( RX 5XXX  )Series AMD cards to a lesser extent but with no confirmation.

ty for spreading misinformation

On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ketog said:

There is currently a big crash issue with the game that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing cards that includes all cards from the GTX 16xx Series, and the RTX Series , i heard it also happens on last gen ( RX 5XXX  )Series AMD cards to a lesser extent but with no confirmation.

I got gtx 1660 super last week, no crashes while playing FC for an hour a day but maybe that's not enough playtime.

EDIT: scratch that. Now I'm crashing... 

Can't tell if Battleye or the GPU but looks like gpu issue to me. Like something to do with the rendering symbols.

m_VertexBuffer->Lock(m_nNextVertexData, Size, &pData, VertexLockFlags) failed 
 at Src\D3D9DrawPrimitiveUPWrapper.cpp:293 
 with error D3DERR_DEVICELOST

History: 

14:57:34 - Log: Log file closed, 10/06/20 17:57:34

Edited by Sayori

On 6/9/2020 at 6:35 PM, Sayori said:

I got gtx 1660 super last week, no crashes while playing FC for an hour a day but maybe that's not enough playtime.

EDIT: scratch that. Now I'm crashing... 

Can't tell if Battleye or the GPU but looks like gpu issue to me. Like something to do with the rendering symbols.

m_VertexBuffer->Lock(m_nNextVertexData, Size, &pData, VertexLockFlags) failed 
 at Src\D3D9DrawPrimitiveUPWrapper.cpp:293 
 with error D3DERR_DEVICELOST

History: 

14:57:34 - Log: Log file closed, 10/06/20 17:57:34

welcome to the club

in the crash log you will either have "Device Lost" or "Result Failed"

And it will always happen when you respawn

Edited by Ketog

lol... can't understand the ppl that rushes to buy fresh new hardware on the market, when the old one works just fine, especially if u play this game more than others.

The price is a freaking trap for this new GPU's series, and for what... 30 extra fps, and some new light tech?? Waste of not just money, but also nerves, as its being proven, not just here.

I'm sure this is not the only game that suffers from major bugs with this new hardware.

U sound like those old stereotypes where they are struggling to obtain decent fps with extreme low hardware, yet you are actually having top tier systems, lol the irony.

11 hours ago, Vnight said:

lol... can't understand the ppl that rushes to buy fresh new hardware on the market, when the old one works just fine, especially if u play this game more than others.

The price is a freaking trap for this new GPU's series, and for what... 30 extra fps, and some new light tech?? Waste of not just money, but also nerves, as its being proven, not just here.

I'm sure this is not the only game that suffers from major bugs with this new hardware.

U sound like those old stereotypes where they are struggling to obtain decent fps with extreme low hardware, yet you are actually having top tier systems, lol the irony.

imagine having disposable income lmao

15 hours ago, Vnight said:

Nothing wrong with buying new hardware if you are going to use it. Many people play on 1440p or 4k, so yes, you will need latest gen gpu for stable fps for something like Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 4K.

And if you are doing a big upgrade leap there's no point going 1000's series unless want to save money. I don't know how widespread is this issue...can't find anything else other than APB.

Edited by Sayori

On 6/10/2020 at 8:22 PM, Vnight said:

I don't rush to buy new gear, i've been saving up for some years to get what i have now, i won't need to buy a new pc for another good 5 years so i can start saving again - i'm not rich. if i really want something i just save up for couple of years, so i'm not one of those people who go out and get the latest. i know you're not aiming at me well i hope you're not 🙂

On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ketog said:

I have rx 5700xt and i have 0 crashes.

• Thanks 1

what about the issue that I have with my rtx2070? when I die and go to respawn selection screen sometimes the game FREEZES and doesn't let me select a respawn place and forces me to respawn late and on a random respawn point.

2 hours ago, PoshDoll said:

what about the issue that I have with my rtx2070? when I die and go to respawn selection screen sometimes the game FREEZES and doesn't let me select a respawn place and forces me to respawn late and on a random respawn point.

then do this - press control, alt delete quickly should put you back in 

1 hour ago, Golderlight123 said:

then do this - press control, alt delete quickly should put you back in 

tried it, doesn't even let me do ctrl alt del because it locks the pc up entirely. it opens the task manager when i finally respawn

On 6/10/2020 at 2:22 PM, Vnight said:

I dont upgrade my computer to play apb lmao.

The engine is so go damn old it doesnt even recognize new tech, thats on the game, not me.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, Vnight said:

Not for extra 30 fps but for fps drop in smoke/car explosion.

just bought a 1660ti based build thats shipping to me as we speak... fooken amazing to read this, guess ill just not play apb for the forseeable future then :^) when did this problem arise? did it exist pre-BE`?

CAN WE HAVE FIX PLES?.. on a real note this is an insane issue, at least on 1660ti i cant play a single full mission in action district without a crash. sup?

Edited by spher3

6 hours ago, spher3 said:

CAN WE HAVE FIX PLES?.. on a real note this is an insane issue, at least on 1660ti i cant play a single full mission in action district without a crash. sup?

How many more times do we need to explain this?

The issue is an incompatibility between our old 32 bit engine/game and the newer 64 bit (only) drivers that are being delivered for those GPU's.

Lowering the settings as much as possible can reduce the amount of crashes but won't fully fix it.

The only full fix is moving the game to 64 bit, which they've been working on since they bought the rights to the game.

In other words, not something you can just fix. Gotta wait for the engine

• Thanks 1

So that's why APB screen freezes (sound continues playing) from time to time on my 1660 Super and only fix is ctrl+alt+delete and clicking back...

And i'm not lowering any settings. Fix your game kthx.

6 hours ago, Temporal said:

So that's why APB screen freezes (sound continues playing) from time to time on my 1660 Super and only fix is ctrl+alt+delete and clicking back...

And i'm not lowering any settings. Fix your game kthx.

You'd have to talk to the makers of your GPU and ask them to release drivers for this specific problem.

16 hours ago, Kevkof said:

How many more times do we need to explain this?

The issue is an incompatibility between our old 32 bit engine/game and the newer 64 bit (only) drivers that are being delivered for those GPU's.

Lowering the settings as much as possible can reduce the amount of crashes but won't fully fix it.

The only full fix is moving the game to 64 bit, which they've been working on since they bought the rights to the game.

In other words, not something you can just fix. Gotta wait for the engine

as many more times as it takes until its fixed, as a vast majority of computer enthusiasts is moving over to turing gpus when they drop in price within 2 coming months,  fuck is up with the attitude? got a stick up your bum?  FP32 is supported by all turing GPUs so id like to know where you get this magic info from? Tera is a game thats based on the very same early UE3 and also only has a 32 bit client,  but it has absolutely 0 issues running on a 1660ti, riddle me that? 

For anyone following along, this problem will persist until 3.5

I know its not ideal (I am an RTX user myself), but it is the reality.

It's not getting fixed until then.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, spher3 said:

as many more times as it takes until its fixed, as a vast majority of computer enthusiasts is moving over to turing gpus when they drop in price within 2 coming months,  fuck is up with the attitude? got a stick up your bum?  FP32 is supported by all turing GPUs so id like to know where you get this magic info from? Tera is a game thats based on the very same early UE3 and also only has a 32 bit client,  but it has absolutely 0 issues running on a 1660ti, riddle me that? 

I'm just getting tired of having to explain this over and over every other week for, well since the GPU's released almost.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=18m38s
Q: The big one I know a lot of people have asked, with the latest generation of Nvidia cards (the RTX cards), there are several issues on the older live engine where it's causing constant crashes which leaves them unable to play the game without doing quite a few tweaks to be able to play at all. Are RTX cards working as intended and working normally on the engine upgrade and can we expect to see them working as intended when the game goes live?
A: I believe so. I'm well aware, unfortunately, of the memory issues. The RTX issue in live is kind of complicated because the live game is 32-bit and Nvidia's drivers for the RTX cards it's just ... The driver is part of the problem, it's not that backwards compatible and then there's problems on our end because the engine is so old. From what I can tell the RTX cards work beautifully in the new engine. We haven't had any reports of Out of Memory issues or crashes or anything like that. In general there are a number of situations players find themselves in where they do get an Out of Memory error or crash in the current engine that won't happen. That's exclusively because of the jump to 64-bit addressing memory and things like that.

This is from the second Q&A, you can even click the link to hear Matt explain it himself.

Does it suck, yes.

Are they working to fix it, yes.

Can it be fixed in this engine, maybe.

Is it worth the time/effort to fully dismantle and remake the game on the current old engine, hell no

Are other games running the exact same engine and code, no

Could it be that game on a similar engine work fine, sure.

Anything else?

Edited by Kevkof