Ebola-Chan

make driving client side again

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

apb vehicles are never going to stand up to any dedicated racing games, but most "similar" games (GTA, watchdogs, wildlands, etc) have cars that feel like cheap remote control toys

Sidenote: the best sandbox TPS vehicle handling I've seen is Just Cause 2, steering is responsive without being RC car-ish, cars can fishtail and spin out from erratic steering, there's actual suspension physics, its just all around great.

Driving has never been client-sided in APB (at least after Reloaded) and it shouldn't be. GTA have been doing it wrong since GTA IV.

Edited by Flaws

So, GTA V driving mechanics are server side like on APB, or client side?

I'd bet its server side too.

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

GTA V is some weird player hosted model, its bad and no one should like it

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrChan said:

Yep. Welcome to Racing Sim netcode:

Watch how the green car reacts when the black & cyan one (who jumped the start like a twat, btw) faceplants the wall. Now replace the green car with a nice, squishy APB player. 

That's an extreme example, I'll admit, but netcode contact is a thing. And that's on iRacing which has better netcode than any other sim I've played. A lot of other racing games know they can't compensate and get around the problem by having cars ghost out in certain conditions. The only thing in APB's favour is that cars are limited to something like 50mph where those guys are probably over 100 when shit hits the fan.

Vehicles in APB are idiosyncratic and weird. But they're largely fine once you get used to them. There's plenty of things that are far more broken that should be sorted before this is even considered imo.

I guess ghosting a car is worse than having cars that can hit you blink in and out of existence.

There's what 2 games that uses ghost cars? Project cars and gt arcade sport?

LFS and AC works great online.

Edited by emiljensen2

Warping around 4x4 trying to ram you? Hell naw. Just don't.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, killerskull said:

Do downvotes even lower ur positive rating? I feel it doesn't. 

No, they fixed that, it can only go up.

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

No, they fixed that, it can only go up.

“fixed”

13 hours ago, Poperon said:

Since i cant put quotes in my post, GTA V is entirely client sided, severs only control things like what spawns, weather, time, etc.  Weapons, vehicles, stats, etc are client with some crap server verification.  Idk how but some mod menus can override the server cause, LOL Rockstar.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:30 AM, ch4ncer said:

That would be a horrible fuсking idea, god, people with '' ideas '' lately, driving was never client sided and it shouldnt be in the future ! Problems with warping etc, plus, we would always have these douches who think they're something else and modify handling parametres to their favor, cars would behave differently, move along.

Flying-car.jpg

4 hours ago, emiljensen2 said:

I guess ghosting a car is worse than having cars that can hit you blink in and out of existence.

There's what 2 games that uses ghost cars? Project cars and gt arcade sport?

LFS and AC works great online.

Forza series does it as well, sometimes the Codemasters F1 games do. Isn't it an option when hosting in AC? Thought it was, but I haven't played much of it online.

the only way this idea can survive anymore is if you start selling merch for it and run a campaign

HgtcxR9.png

make and sell MDCA gats.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:53 AM, BXNNXD said:

nah

aside from a few badly balanced vehicles (e.g. cisco) i very much enjoy the fact that apb has semi-realistic steering wheel turn speed and you cant just instantly rip a 90 degree turn at 50mph

apb vehicles are never going to stand up to any dedicated racing games, but most "similar" games (GTA, watchdogs, wildlands, etc) have cars that feel like cheap remote control toys

Yeah, but they could remove some of the soap on San Paro's streets. APB driving is very drifty...

The reason driving has *ALWAYS BEEN* client side is because the game devs were thinking smart. Server side driving means your cars can't lag around and teleport like your character does, because it's a server controlled object. This provides a better smoother driving experience across the board, at the expense of control delay and lag turning. Do not turn driving client side, I don't want to get killed by an austrailian with a space-time traveling DeLorean. NEXT!

Edited by CrunkGirl

Why did someone decide to revive this thread? Pls no. We all know and agree that client side driving is bad.

Let's leave it be.

And if you disagree, just stop.

And reread every post here.

And don't reply until you agree

/sarcasm

18 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Why did someone decide to revive this thread?

To state an alternative approach to improving drive mechanics instead of client sidage, namely less oily streets.