Sign in to follow this  
ReaperTheButcher

Sprint Shooting

Any old player here would know that in closed beta and untill 2011, there wasnt any sprintshooting same like in the present, sprintshooting was added later on at 2011 untill it was fixed again, i would personally like to see a comeback of some sort of sprintshooting, as i believe this added more dynamics to the movements and the only reason it was fixed i believe was because of the oscar crazy strafes so it was intended as a sort of mainly an oscar ''nerf'', what do you think ?

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Any old player here would know that in closed beta and untill 2011, there wasnt any sprintshooting like in the present, sprintshooting was added later on at 2011 untill it was fixed again, i would personally like to see a comeback of some sort of sprintshooting, as i believe this added more dynamics to the movements and the only reason it was fixed i believe was because of the oscar crazy strafes so it was intended as a sort of mainly an oscar ''nerf'', what do you think ?

yeah sprint shooting was mainly supposed to be a carbine and oscar nerf, but it ended up barely doing anything to those guns and making everything else feel just a bit clunkier

i personally wouldn't mind sprint shooting coming back but i don't think its worth dealing with all the complaints about "warping" from people who can't track very well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you can sprintshooting with the Oscar or joker put reflexsight 3 in and let's go.

Yes and yet the OSCAR remains an ice-skater so that change accomplished nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Yes and yet the OSCAR remains an ice-skater so that change accomplished nothing.

The value delay of sprint is too low for it to work but they are too busy to adjust one value in code...

God forbid, removal of sprint shooting was the best thing G1 did.

Let's be honest servers couldn't keep up, people play on shit connection warped around and we had no animation for it so you were jumping on one leg, shooting in the air having impossible to predict movement.

As much as I did enjoy fluid movement I don't want it back as long as it's not fixed to work properly.

And if we talk back in the day, well you had to release Sprint in order to be able to shoot at all.

Which I believe is the reason why we have no crosshair when we sprint and camera has gimmick movement to it.

Yes please, the game was way more dynamic and fun before they 'fixed' this. OSCARs and carbines still teleport all over the place while a lot of other weapons feel awkward so IMO it didn't really accomplish anything. Bringing this back would also make weapons like the scout more viable again.

• Like 2

We need to bring things like this to the attention of LO which most of the old community would like to bring back and i believe the new community will appreciate this change, as without this the game feels just weird and the movements out of place really, not to mention alot of other weapons had suffered from this change so it will bring them on par with other meta weapons lets say the scout will be able to stand its own against an HVR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

most of the old community

Aside from the fact that you have no actual data to back this up, pleasing old players isn't going to save the game.

• Like 1

if you really want an actual data to back this up, do a survey, i for sure know the core of APB's community would like this change, retaining old players while bringing new interesting changes for the new players is what will heal this game imo. (Beside this was a change that most twich streamers didnt like in the first place)

I would love to see this make a comeback aswell. I agree that your movement was more of a deciding factor in fights back when sprintshooting was a thing, than what it is now.

Ever since they nerfed the sprintshooting I feel like a turtle after shooting my weapon. It's clunky, its shit and not to mention it made the game slower. Go back to how it used to be!

Edited by ExoticZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

i for sure know the core of APB's community would like this change

The core of players back in the day were the reason sprint shooting was removed.

It's nice to move fast but servers can't handle it and there is no animation for it.

I clearly remember that a single day didn't go by without some complaining about sprint shooting before SR was nerfed and it was quite popular choice where it escalated after Oscar.

I am all in for faster game play, but only if it's done right.

#bringbackjumpscout 1

#bringbacksprintshooting 1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

if you really want an actual data to back this up, do a survey

Forum surveys are completely pointless as normally <1% of players participate.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying we've no actual data at all.

• Like 2

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

• Thanks 1

I mean what can go wrong if we do a 1-2 weeks of trail of sprintshooting and make a survey or ask players in the remaining twitch community and in social what is their feedback, nothing can go wrong now literally alot people will appreciate this and it will bring new/old dynamic feeling to the games firefights once again, and if this will become a problem of some sort to people who will complain about the OSCAR, this weapon is actually too versatile at the moment the same reason why the NTEC was nerfed in the first place, removal of sprintshooting hurt more of none meta weapons (COBR-A, HVR 243 and alot more) then it is ''nerfing'' OSCAR and SR 15 half-assed because of their movement and accuracy, this shouldnt have been the reason of removing sprintshooting in the first place imo.

In conclusion @Mattscott alot of people will like to see this game mechanic comeback in some way, and it will bring new/old dynamical feeling to the firefights, literally.

The current minimum sprint delay should be what all weapons use. Having it linked to the rate of fire is stupid at best.

159168907479393639_3.jpg

sprint shooting looks janky af

Edited by lauo

I disagree with re-implementing it. It messed up the player prediction of the game and made it so that if you were aiming right on someone and fire, it would miss, because the games prediction which shows player location would not work right.

The current changes aside from oscar being someone iceskaty still, work because it emphasises on the need to either AIM and FIRE, or MOVE. Not both. Sprint shooting was dumb af back then, and we really don't need to have it come back. Your strafe speed for weapons are still pretty fast anyways, if you want to move faster use fragile. Having a broken jitter animation while sprinting and "v" spamming while firing was not "healthy".

On 6/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

All the old movement mechanics should be brought back. 

There are VERY good reasons why sprint shooting and jump shooting were nerfed.

Edited by Noob_Guardian