Sign in to follow this  
Mitne

Bandaid for dethreaters

I would say to wait for EU where if phasing will kick in, issue hopefully will be limited... still as it is right now, we are bleeding new players. So temporary bandaid in my opinion should be applied.

What I propose? Well...

- Gold team or teams with golds will NEVER find opposition in mission on bronze district or lower. Silver team or teams with silvers will never find opposition in mission on green district and lower.

- 2 demerits or more AUTOMATICALLY disable threat adjustment.

- Team votekick don't need demerit (at least until EU) - so players playing normal will have tools to combat dethreaters in their teams who also harm their gameplay, would largely get rid of solo dethreaters.

- Additional demerit for avoiding objectives.

All changes within reach and non-radical. Should give some relief to overhelmed players in bronze (been there, situation is awful). Bandaid to ever open wound, hopefully to stop bleeding until EU comes.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

9 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Gold team or teams with golds will NEVER find opposition in mission on bronze district or lower

This should have been done years ago, but i doubt they will change this system, even such a small tweak, before the engine upgrade

1 minute ago, Chipsuu said:

This should have been done years ago, but i doubt they will change this system, even such a small tweak, before the engine upgrade

First we need to see EU until that we are bleeding players badly.

All I have in mind is relief for all this newbies.

Sad thing is those Gold Morons will do everything they can to NOT turn Gold, like ghosting other players missions. Can't kill em or blow their cars up cause, not in mission immune to all damages. No mission score.. in missions with alls  they have 2 do is keep their score low and no up threat change.

@Mitne

1. kicking out of team also counts as lose for that player so it decrease time of dethreating
2. kicking out of mission with Win tag as you kill more than 4 times your team mate could do a better thing
3. differenciate need for silver thread and gold thread to be increased slightly to remove that desinformation about goint to become gold and after 1 mission you become silver and after another mission you become gold again only by winning / losing missions without doing anything in them
4. killing arrested players shouldnt be count as demerit
5. limit players joining abilities bronze only for bronze silver only for silver and gold only for gold this will splitt players but will make it easier for matchmaking to find same level players (in my opinion)

@cyral its hard to drop rank if you winning missions 🙂 so just win the mission or contribute with enemies so after you see someone i s clearly dethreating just let him win the mission so he will not lose thread 😉

strangely from some time i find out that matchmaking matches players with Rank not thread ... thats bad - its prioritize rank segregation not thread / skill based segregation (but that can be just a thing on silver districts where all golds stays

edit: i still dont know why im called a dethreater then i tested all possibilities of DT'ing so now i can provide information how to prevent this (i started to play on silver districts but there are alot of tryhards and i have no fun playing there - only meta guns etc. OPGL perfect shoots, and other cancer you can think of)

Edited by TheSxW

21 hours ago, TheSxW said:

@Mitne

1. kicking out of team also counts as lose for that player so it decrease time of dethreating
2. kicking out of mission with Win tag as you kill more than 4 times your team mate could do a better thing
3. differenciate need for silver thread and gold thread to be increased slightly to remove that desinformation about goint to become gold and after 1 mission you become silver and after another mission you become gold again only by winning / losing missions without doing anything in them
4. killing arrested players shouldnt be count as demerit
5. limit players joining abilities bronze only for bronze silver only for silver and gold only for gold this will splitt players but will make it easier for matchmaking to find same level players (in my opinion)

1 and 2 - simply treat it like mission never happened.

3 - gold and silver are already seperated by 1-10 subranks.

4 - it should count as demerit and it shouldn't count as kill.

5 - will cause ruin, we got this in past (with G1) and lost half of active playerbase from that move alone - players also were overall not happy with it and it helped dethreaters a lot as they weren't challenged in silver/bronze against players of their own skill.

Edited by Mitne

@Mitne
1 and 2 i agree with you it shouldnt even count or count as win to let dethreaters stay at same rank or just change the system and progress a thread depends on gameplay
3 - its deffenetly not working if you get premade team with gold 8-10 and against you get silvers and gold 1-4 ...
4. its counted as demerit now it shouldnt be count as anything (you just speed up enemy spawn which is already a minus move, you can still get at score -10.000 score per match doing this shit - its broken as F
5. lets wait on phasing then 🙂

On 6/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, TheSxW said:

after you see someone i s clearly dethreating just let him win the mission so he will not lose thread 😉

You apparently don't know how thread works in APB. If you are on the winning team you can still dethreat. It all depends on player score, have seen it happen multiple times. Also if you don't kill anybody and only do the objectives you can obtain gold. 

Edited by DeadPixels

On 6/6/2020 at 6:27 AM, Mitne said:

- Team votekick don't need demerit (at least until EU) - so players playing normal will have tools to combat dethreaters in their teams who also harm their gameplay, would largely get rid of solo dethreaters.

This could be very very bad. I have sometimes gotten trolls in missions that ask for leadership and the idiot team gives it to them only for them to kick everyone out of the party. Of course first the guy trolls around shooting at us or gets in the way of the line of fire on purpose until someone gets an accidental demerit so he can kick. Happened to me once this year, but being able to kick without demerit would mean that this problem can be made bigger and easier to accomplish.

• Like 1