Muholland

Knock Knock, It's midtown.

So anyone here remember the whole "Midtown" thing that is supposed to be in between Financial and Waterfront? Hopefully that could be added in the Last Update or so. It'd be pretty awesome.

• Like 2

It'd make sense to add Midtown as a new district because all other districts have been identified being connected and not just randomly placed around in San Paro.

Edited by Muholland

Midtown sort of turned in to financial though.

The issue being Midtown's design philosophies are the same as Financial,  because of that making a midtown district would not be different enough from financial gameplay wise to be worth it. 

On 6/11/2018 at 12:29 AM, Muholland said:

So anyone here remember the whole "Midtown" thing that is supposed to be in between Financial and Waterfront? Hopefully that could be added in the Last Update or so. It'd be pretty awesome.

Yes yes please!

On 6/11/2018 at 12:29 AM, Muholland said:

Yes yes please!

Or what about a completely different place...I was at Ceder Point and thought it would be cool to have an amusement park to fight in.

Or maybe more of a suburban area. More inside buildings to fight inside of.

Just I'm sick of Financial and Waterfront.

• Like 1

@MattScott Could be used for inspiration i guess i love seeing early stuff like this especially the unreleased car, map etc.

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be neutral territories to combat for like raid zones or something like that in Midtown as well.

I think everyone can agree on wanting a new map and there would be little complaints about Midtown.

But to just say we want midtown without any context as to it's content is a bit of a hollow point.

Midtown as other mentioned was meant to be a social hub for Enforcers, It would combat neutral but due to Real Time Worlds finical issue and time restraints, it was butchered to make up for parts of financial.

Asylum was intended to be Criminal's social hub but was made into a unique fightclub map as there was no other real purpose for such a map of that scale.

The same question arises for midtown, what would it's purpose be if it's not big enough for a full action district?

The only suggestion I could give to my own above question is make Aslyum and Midtown RIOT maps for smaller game numbers and return Baylan Shipping and Beacon for FightClub.

At the end of the day, the amount of effort for a map which can be best described as being in concept stage is really questionable.