APB is an old game one that I would call a "cult classic" not necessarily dead just a consistent dwindling player base (For Jericho PC at least) So just discussing and having fun thinking about some new mechanics that could breathe some new life into the game.

Weapons

After 1000 hours of playing I am left  pondering and having shower thoughts on weapons.

While tons of threads have been made on nerfing and buffing

What would be some cool new editions?

I took some time and thought about how melee might be introduced into the game while trying not to change its overall feel.

So relating to melee:

Would it be something that would replace your secondary?

Would it be a one hit kill? Or more like a bash type melee?

What about a battlefield style of melee where you can only get the kill if you strike from behind?

Then I thought of what criminals could get since enforcers have an exclusive (being the stun selection of weapons)

So i thought of a couple things

So in regards to waterfront at the moment it is a very open map. So what if some sort of smoke grenade was made that give visual cover letting you possibly crossing the street and avoiding a possible fatal sniper shot?

Something a little bit more criminal themed how about a Molotov? something that hits the ground and does periodical damage the longer you stay on the flames.

Also the whole mechanic of being arrested. For those of us that played Payday 2, you should know zip-tying was a mechanic used to keep hostages on the ground. And ive seen enforcers accidentally get team stunned.

Then how bout some sort of mounted machine gun? while this i could see being quite difficult to balance but possible would be an interesting idea.

While satchel charges exist what about different types of mines? Clay-mores? 

NPC/AI

Matt Scott already stated that trying to improve NPC/AI behavior and artificial intelligence could be devastating on the game's performance. So this dream is kinda limited. But...

What I would like to see in the game is some type of zombie mode. It doesn't have to be a forever thing but maybe as some sort of Halloween event as an alternative to the Pumpkin PVP. Having a mode like this would also open the opportunity of having console players join pc considering it would be mostly PVE.

What would be cool to see along side the mostly non linear pvp missions is something more linear. What do I mean? Well imagine you just broke into an armored car and the game tells you to follow this path then somewhere along the path enforcers have to defend a road block with some pretty basic shooting ai (mostly cosmetic doing only a small amount of damage) the only problem i see with an idea like this is that concussions and rocket launchers are a thing which would make for a bad time unless said road block were made mostly of AI.

Districts

So if you haven't been following the fan made Mid Town go and check it out. What would be really cool to see is the ability to drive from Financial through Mid Town to Waterfront. Phasing you in and out of servers as you drive through.

Also most of the buildings you can't get into. So what about expanding some of the Sky scrapers into mission areas? If you read some of the descriptions for missions it seems like you're the goon getting a heist set up for someone else so why not give us some of the attention :).

Vehicles

As of now vehicle handling....functions.... while in my opinion they are better than gta 5 in terms of handling they just feel like toy cars bouncing all over the place with no real weight. So it would be nice to see something more realistic when it comes to acceleration and top speed.

With there only being 1 low rider looking car in the game it would be really cool to see some hydraulics for it.

Also since it really wouldn't effect game play too much and can be made a choice having a first person perspective of the interior of your car would be neat

Physics

Matt Scott had answered my question (On reddit's AMA) but never got to my second one. 

While having physics in game would be really nice to make the plastic characters feel more alive (Clothing, hair, breasts)

it would be really taxing on performance.

So my second question was why not make it client side? Have 3 options: OFF | PLAYER ONLY| ON

and with the ON option include a distance at which physics would deactivate if possible

Characters

Then following with characters, in the selection of emotes (for female at least) the chuckle emote is the only one i have found so far that has a facial emote along side it. 

So seeing some facial expressions during gameplay would be very cool. (I don't think characters even blink outside customization)

END

While some of my ideas will be controversial and others being impossible. You can't deny that at least some of these ideas would be really cool.

But alas they are all ONLY IDEAS so feel free to chip in with your own or talk about mine. Or you know, call me a ******* ******

:^)

Stay safe

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

1000 hours? You must be new.

I don't dare ask how many you have.

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

I don't dare ask how many you have.

1001 prob, xD

So relating to melee:

What about a battlefield style of melee where you can only get the kill if you strike from behind?

I think at best introducing melee weapons into the game should be meme status in terms of effectiveness.

A one shot kill would be so increadibly broken, even if its from behind due to the nature of the game being third person and you character not always facing the same direction as the camera. 

So in regards to waterfront at the moment it is a very open map. So what if some sort of smoke grenade was made that give visual cover letting you possibly crossing the street and avoiding a possible fatal sniper shot?

Something a little bit more criminal themed how about a Molotov? something that hits the ground and does periodical damage the longer you stay on the flames.

I personally do not believe that waterfront being very open is an issue, it's just that the objectives more often than not are in the open. I don't believe smoke nades would help with this and it comes down more to changing mission/map balance. I think smoke nades would just be messy, but it's hard to know how it would actually play but i believe it would just slow the game down even more which i am not a fan of.

Area denial with Molotovs sound like they would get mega abused. It would also slow down the game too much imo.

Also the whole mechanic of being arrested. For those of us that played Payday 2, you should know zip-tying was a mechanic used to keep hostages on the ground. And ive seen enforcers accidentally get team stunned.

Then how bout some sort of mounted machine gun? while this i could see being quite difficult to balance but possible would be an interesting idea.

While satchel charges exist what about different types of mines? Clay-mores? 

I have literally no idea what you want changed with arrested mechanics from that sentance lol.

Could potentially be a fun gimmick to get on the T-25 pickup, as long as you are able to get shot out from the gunner seat and the gun isn't more powerful than your average primary.

Please no. No claymores in the game. It would just benefit defenders and slow the game.

NPC/AI

Having some sort of zombie mode event in the very far distant future could be fun. But i feel like in terms of priorities we might be able to see something like this in 2027 or something...

Districts

So if you haven't been following the fan made Mid Town go and check it out. What would be really cool to see is the ability to drive from Financial through Mid Town to Waterfront. Phasing you in and out of servers as you drive through.

Also most of the buildings you can't get into. So what about expanding some of the Sky scrapers into mission areas? If you read some of the descriptions for missions it seems like you're the goon getting a heist set up for someone else so why not give us some of the attention :).

While having another district to play in would be a great change of pace i believe it would first need a much much larger playerbase. What could be fun is to have a monthly rotation of districts.

I don't believe expanding so you can go in to a bunch of skyscrapers would be at all viable for gameplay.

Physics

Matt Scott had answered my question (On reddit's AMA) but never got to my second one. 

While having physics in game would be really nice to make the plastic characters feel more alive (Clothing, hair, breasts)

So my second question was why not make it client side? Have 3 options: OFF | PLAYER ONLY| ON

and with the ON option include a distance at which physics would deactivate if possible

The idea has always been around client side physics, no game does server side physics on small things like a players hair.

I believe this could be a cool investment at some point, having static hair is soooo 2010.

Characters

Then following with characters, in the selection of emotes (for female at least) the chuckle emote is the only one i have found so far that has a facial emote along side it. 

So seeing some facial expressions during gameplay would be very cool. (I don't think characters even blink outside customization)

How the hell do you got time to watch someones facial expression when you in a fire fight? lmao

46 minutes ago, proxie said:

How the hell do you got time to watch someones facial expression when you in a fire fight? lmao

Mostly just something that would be nice to have, because you can see someones face pretty clearly when in cqc.

48 minutes ago, proxie said:

The idea has always been around client side physics, no game does server side physics on small things like a players hair.

I believe this could be a cool investment at some point, having static hair is soooo 2010.

When he answered my question, it sounded like if they did physics everyone would have to have them so I personally don't see why it can't be a toggle for client.

49 minutes ago, proxie said:

While having another district to play in would be a great change of pace i believe it would first need a much much larger playerbase. What could be fun is to have a monthly rotation of districts.

I don't believe expanding so you can go in to a bunch of skyscrapers would be at all viable for gameplay.

It just depends on layout obviously snipers wouldn't be viable. And I mean since they are the devs they could simply lock grenades from being used making it a fast paced cqc type map focusing shotguns and submachine guns

50 minutes ago, proxie said:

I personally do not believe that waterfront being very open is an issue, it's just that the objectives more often than not are in the open. I don't believe smoke nades would help with this and it comes down more to changing mission/map balance. I think smoke nades would just be messy, but it's hard to know how it would actually play but i believe it would just slow the game down even more which i am not a fan of.

Financial is a good balanced map because the big streets are also accompanied by alley ways and other means of cover. Whilst Waterfront has whole blocks you need to run across. Visual cover might just be enough to run through the street and avoid being sprayed at or avoid sniper fire long enough to get from point A to B. Or it can be used as a means of tricking the enemy on where your position is.

It all really depends on how the devs could fit it into APB

53 minutes ago, proxie said:

I have literally no idea what you want changed with arrested mechanics from that sentance lol.

Could potentially be a fun gimmick to get on the T-25 pickup, as long as you are able to get shot out from the gunner seat and the gun isn't more powerful than your average primary.

Please no. No claymores in the game. It would just benefit defenders and slow the game.

Yea mines and claymores could potentially be stupid if added but I could see it replacing a grenade slot and you could also have it be obvious that its there and also take time to deploy so it can't be abused easily.

Arresting mechanics in general are irritating just because criminals don't have their own class uniques. While i started running with the level 4 keys to get teamates out faster it just seems really unbalanced that enforcers can take their op out of the game for a really long time. (I think RTW envisioned this mechanic to be balanced because 1 person would have to arrest leaving them vulnerable but it seems teammates could care less sometimes :/). so why not give the crims some sort of struggle feature? You're telling me that my crim who mugs and hit and runs peds is willing to be arrested no questions asked? Kinda lame if im going to be arrested im going to resist. Make it a mini game have the 2 players button mash and who ever button mashes the fastest wins... or even to prevent a macro being setup on the keys make them shuffle *H*    *K*           *D*

cause the whole being defenseless to stuns is really stupid imo

1 hour ago, proxie said:

Having some sort of zombie mode event in the very far distant future could be fun. But i feel like in terms of priorities we might be able to see something like this in 2027 or something...

I don't see why it would be hard, make it as simple as the AI run towards u and get tougher every round. (although i am unaware of how AI is setup initially but I would be satisfied with this for a while 🙂 )

But thx for taking the time to respond!

I dont think people will take you seriously with 1k hours (how much of it is AFK lol) to be honest.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

6 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

1001 prob, xD

probably closer to 10,000

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

probably closer to 10,000

Still nothing, but that's not the problem, you could know more than a guy who passed his/her entire life playing the game.

14 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

-Also since it really wouldn't effect game play too much and can be made a choice having a first person perspective of the interior of your car would be neat

Physics

-While having physics in game would be really nice to make the plastic characters feel more alive (Clothing, hair, breasts)

Characters

-Then following with characters, in the selection of emotes (for female at least) the chuckle emote is the only one i have found so far that has a facial emote along side it.

-First person view in cars would be neat, I'd like to see that, though it may require redesigning the interiors of the cars.  They're pretty low poly and are really low res in terms of textures. 

-Jiggle physics aren't something that would be run server-side to begin with.  He means that it would be very heavy on your PC's performance.  Sure it'd be fine for a few characters around, but 100? There would be a draw distance for the physics but what about social where everyone clumps together?  I've ripped the contact models and they do have hair and breast bones that can support this, (You can kind of even see this when you die, if you are using DoubleB's haircut, the bottom of your hair will ragdoll when you die. but like Matt said, with Unreal 3's implementation of that it would probably cause a lot of performance drops.  Maybe they could utilize nVidia PhysX for something like this (if that's not what he was talking about to begin with).  An option to toggle it for those that can handle it would be nice though.  Make it Off by default so players aren't just wondering why they're suddenly lagging.

-Facial animations would be cool, It would even be nice if they would apply the customization studio facial animations to the character's idle animation to make them feel a little more alive.  APB characters just look so cold and dead inside with their constant blank stare.  Might want to dial back the max angles on the eye movement on that though.  Might look creepy if their eyes are moving all over but their head is still.  Also add facial animation to the male /animal emote.  You look like you just stubbed your toe, not like you're howling.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

13 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

I dont think people will take you seriously with 1k hours (how much of it is AFK lol) to be honest.

I wouldn't take someone seriously if they had more. I don't AFK in the games I play, I also don't no-life them. Im by no means professional, but by no means new.

Also this thread wasn't supposed to be taken seriously I made it just to discuss and dream of some new ideas.

It seems like you read 1/5 of the thread and decided to comment without even reading the rest, that's not very constructive.

12 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Also this thread wasn't supposed to be taken seriously I made it just to discuss and dream of some new ideas.

hAhaHA just kidding guys, these suggestions weren't meant to be serious. 

• Like 1

TL;DR; Ideas are cool, but if you wanna have some meat behind them, let's dig into the core "backend" of the ideas.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:22 PM, R3ACT3M said:

APB is an old game one that I would call a "cult classic" not necessarily dead just a consistent dwindling player base (For Jericho PC at least) So just discussing and having fun thinking about some new mechanics that could breathe some new life into the game.

Weapons

After 1000 hours of playing I am left  pondering and having shower thoughts on weapons.

While tons of threads have been made on nerfing and buffing

What would be some cool new editions?

Not gonna rag on your # of hours, as that's not really something worth discussing. Hours aren't necessarily a reflection of skill, or knowledge. Plenty of college student programmers I know are better than some "I've done COBOL for life" developers.

I took some time and thought about how melee might be introduced into the game while trying not to change its overall feel.

So relating to melee:

Melee is interesting because we already have a "melee" type weapon - the blowtorch. and it's not really used if at all as a weapon. Very rarely do I see people instinctively use it as a weapon. Most often if they're attacking a person using the blowtorch, it's purely for comic relief.

Then I thought of what criminals could get since enforcers have an exclusive (being the stun selection of weapons)

Understandable, this has long been a suggestion by people to have a criminal counter to stunning.

So i thought of a couple things

Problem is, this game has poor optimization for particle effects. So smoke, which has a lot of particle effects... and I do mean a lot, this would be harmful to performance, and let alone significantly change the way the game is played. (not to mention, you can easily shoot through grenade smoke as is, and it doesn't affect visibility much. The UI still changes your crosshair to red, and enemy names still show up. A smoke grenade with the way the game works, would merely be a distraction - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but would be used as a false sense of cover. This is similar to vehicles sometimes being a false sense of cover because some people don't realize you can be shot from underneath them.

NPC/AI

Matt Scott already stated that trying to improve NPC/AI behavior and artificial intelligence could be devastating on the game's performance. So this dream is kinda limited. But...

What I would like to see in the game is some type of zombie mode. It doesn't have to be a forever thing but maybe as some sort of Halloween event as an alternative to the Pumpkin PVP. Having a mode like this would also open the opportunity of having console players join pc considering it would be mostly PVE.

The problem with PvE - The game was never designed for it. The AI is so basic and simple, that they can't be significantly changed without changing the whole of the game's premise for PvE.

I do think it'd be nice to have some sort of PvE elements, especially for missions that take much too long to get opposition for, but alas, this would be very, very, very difficult. Take for example GTA V- the AI in the game, when you push their cars off course, or kill the AI around them, they all respond, and modify their behavior. While it's predictable and known the effects, they're not 100% the same across the board, some AI will fight back if you punch them.

In APB, the Ai will be stuck if their car is taken off course, and will end up just sitting stationary until players leave the area allowing the car to despawn. There's no fancy routes for the vehicles in the game either, they all enter, and leave.

This is a problem not because of bad design, but because it wasn't intended to be the focus of the game at release. Early on in development, I believe RTW did have plans to have better AI, however, this didnt' happen, and the game itself will likely suffer if a "half-assed" implementation of NPC's is added.

Districts

If I remember correctly, Matt Scott has said that they'd like to add in Midtown, and utilize new assets, however, this won't be until the population grows.

Also most of the buildings you can't get into. So what about expanding some of the Sky scrapers into mission areas? If you read some of the descriptions for missions it seems like you're the goon getting a heist set up for someone else so why not give us some of the attention :).

Now this is something I've personally thought of, and would like to see, though I don't believe we need the buildings to go up in the sky scrapers to the top floor, maybe 3 stories, (4 isn't bad but that could be getting close to too big - Asylum is ~5 or 6 stories, but spread out over more space) Ideally, only a few buildings are given interiors, and maybe a few corridors in some buildings to take you through them. Though, this would require more map knowledge, and either new missions to take advantage of these areas, or modifying current missions to have some take you towards these new play areas.

Vehicles

As of now vehicle handling....functions.... while in my opinion they are better than gta 5 in terms of handling they just feel like toy cars bouncing all over the place with no real weight. So it would be nice to see something more realistic when it comes to acceleration and top speed.

With there only being 1 low rider looking car in the game it would be really cool to see some hydraulics for it.

Also since it really wouldn't effect game play too much and can be made a choice having a first person perspective of the interior of your car would be neat

Hope I don't get martyred here, but I like how most of the vehicles handle in the game. Most issues for me arose from latency or packet loss with driving issues. Though, some vehicles probably could be fixed (like I think the Jericho oversteers a tad too much - while the Bishada, and the Growl don't) The Cisco also has some oversteer when you're taking it around Financial's grid-type corners.

The Seiyo, when compared to the Pioneer, suffers from being front wheel drive.

The Morai (originally an All-Wheel Drive vehicle, was shunted to being only Rear Wheel Drive) and that destroyed the ability to reverse the car at a reasonable speed) should have something changed about it's torque for reverse, or restore it's AWD characteristic.

The Vegas as some think, has too much armor for it's speed, or vice versa. (It is styled like that of a late 60's, early 70's coupe) Believe it or not, the '70 Dodge Challenger is slower 0-60 than a Nissan Cube. I think the Vegas should be slightly slower than the Jericho and the Bishada, as those two vehicles are much newer and typically faster and quicker than the older muscle cars.

Physics

This definitely would be a nice quality of life improvement, but I'd rather see them allocate time and energy to other quality of life improvements. It's not necessarily something that would change the gameplay, or the game itself. I don't believe that this would be something to focus time on creating. Unnecessary changes to a game increase complexity of the code base, and the design. Increased complexity result in more potential for bugs, flaws, and issues to arise.

Characters

I believe that some of the other emotes resulted in facial changes, though I might be wrong. I know I've seen my character have different facial expressions during emote actions.

END

While some of my ideas will be controversial and others being impossible. You can't deny that at least some of these ideas would be really cool.

Many changes are controversial to games, as not everyone may want them. Just do some research on what you want, the game's meta, how the game performs, and weigh that with the benefits. Certainly sometimes you'll get good ideas to go through, even if some players don't want them. Definitely, some of these would be cool, but that doesn't mean they need, or should, be added. Try to reason through with these, and explain the core, and fundamental, principles behind your ideas.

But alas they are all ONLY IDEAS so feel free to chip in with your own or talk about mine. Or you know, call me a ******* ******

:^)

Stay safe

alas, I won't call you a **** *** *****, but thanks for reading a long patootie reply.

21 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

hAhaHA just kidding guys, these suggestions weren't meant to be serious. 

I just wanted to discuss some interesting possibilities in gameplay or future things we could possibly see. But instead you insist on being toxic.

This is my last reply to you

Merged.

13 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Not gonna rag on your # of hours, as that's not really something worth discussing. Hours aren't necessarily a reflection of skill, or knowledge. Plenty of college student programmers I know are better than some "I've done COBOL for life" developers.

APB is my highest played game according to steam if you want the exact number: 931. To me this is a lot of hours for a game Skyrim coming second and gta 5 coming third. So 1000's is a lot to me. I used the halloween event to my advantage so I could learn the maps really well. My first character is almost max rank at 233 and my other at about 70. While I know i'm not a day one veteran, I am experienced at the game. I mentioned my hours to let people know i'm not a 6 hour noob who came to harp on why this game isn't GTA 5.

Melee is interesting because we already have a "melee" type weapon - the blowtorch. and it's not really used if at all as a weapon. Very rarely do I see people instinctively use it as a weapon. Most often if they're attacking a person using the blowtorch, it's purely for comic relief.

It would hard to see melee introduced I already know this, but I like to think of how it could possibly be introduced, maybe as a new play style all together? Fragile + melee only could be unique to fight club.

Problem is, this game has poor optimization for particle effects. So smoke, which has a lot of particle effects... and I do mean a lot, this would be harmful to performance, and let alone significantly change the way the game is played. (not to mention, you can easily shoot through grenade smoke as is, and it doesn't affect visibility much. The UI still changes your crosshair to red, and enemy names still show up. A smoke grenade with the way the game works, would merely be a distraction - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but would be used as a false sense of cover. This is similar to vehicles sometimes being a false sense of cover because some people don't realize you can be shot from underneath them.

I am aware that the game doesn't handle a lot of particles very well, that was my first worry if it were to try and be implemented. So some other method might have to be used, why not animated pngs? doesn't need to be particles i suppose. Also not all cars change your crosshair to red i believe, civ cars show up as white with a white hit indicator? But I would see the smoke being used for more team play you toss one through a narrow opening and it could be used to get the jump on your opponent. Or like I said give just enough visual cover to cross a street. Then relating to cars being shot underneath some are easier than others to shoot under from what i've experienced.

alas, I won't call you a **** *** *****, but thanks for reading a long patootie reply.

and thx 🙂

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

APB is my highest played game according to steam if you want the exact number: 931. To me this is a lot of hours for a game Skyrim coming second and gta 5 coming third. So 1000's is a lot to me. I used the halloween event to my advantage so I could learn the maps really well. My first character is almost max rank at 233 and my other at about 70. While I know i'm not a day one veteran, I am experienced at the game. I mentioned my hours to let people know i'm not a 6 hour noob who came to harp on why this game isn't GTA 5.

Not to worry, I'm glad to see some people have stuck with the game - even if they're not "new" per say.

I am aware that the game doesn't handle a lot of particles very well, that was my first worry if it were to try and be implemented. So some other method might have to be used, why not animated pngs?

Do you mean .png, as in the image format? I don't know, I feel like using an image as a cloud would look worse than using a 3D model. I'm not a game dev so I wouldn't know the complexity of doing so.

Also not all cars change your crosshair to red i believe, civ cars show up as white with a white hit indicator? But I would see the smoke being used for more team play you toss one through a narrow opening and it could be used to get the jump on your opponent. Or like I said give just enough visual cover to cross a street.

And, true. What I meant was, when you can shoot through something, like a fence, or underneath cars, at enemies, your crosshair turns red. If you could shoot through the smoke, you would still have a visible shot/red crosshair at an enemy. An interesting idea if you wanted to add smokes would I think modify concs to do no hard/soft damage, and have the smoke linger for longer. However, this won't affect the UI/HUD. Your crosshair will still show the enemy, and so will the enemy's name above their head. The smoke would have to do something like obscure the UI, and that's not necessarily something you'd want to happen to your HUD.

Another option would be to turn the smoke into an object, one that can be phased through, but not seen through/out of.

If people want it, I'd be curious to see this in the OTW, to see how it would change the meta for the better/worse.

and thx 🙂

You're welcome 🙂

On 6/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, R3ACT3M said:

A mounted shaw/alig on the back of a truck vehicle that the car ammo mod specifically can not replenish , and has no room for obj carrying , may be balanced enough.

those trucks are not to sturdy so it seems possible , but I am not sure. Thoughts people?

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

A mounted shaw/alig on the back of a truck vehicle that the car ammo mod specifically can not replenish , and has no room for obj carrying , may be balanced enough.

those trucks are not to sturdy so it seems possible , but I am not sure. Thoughts people?

There is car surfer.

40 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

There is car surfer.

yes but that person mentioned specifically a car mounted weapon to add new content.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yes but that person mentioned specifically a car mounted weapon to add new content.

My point more so was that car surfer kinda makes the idea rather irrelevant. Due to 1. I'm sure the hitbox collision with players dismounting a moving vehicle would be awful. Would probably also lead to alot of teamkilling due to it. 2. Car surfer is faster in mounting and dismounting. You can reload weapons and resupply with ammo boxes. I'm not saying the idea is trash. I'm just saying that car surfer makes it a pretty meh concept. Plus what car are you going to put it on? The vegas and pio are the fastest and most durable. I can't see people sacrificing that for a mounted alig when they can just car surf with one.

Edited by RespectThis

4 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

My point more so was that car surfer kinda makes the idea rather irrelevant. Due to 1. I'm sure the hitbox collision with players dismounting a moving vehicle would be awful. Would probably also lead to alot of teamkilling due to it. 2. Car surfer is faster in mounting and dismounting. You can reload weapons and resupply with ammo boxes. I'm not saying the idea is trash. I'm just saying that car surfer makes it a pretty meh concept. Plus what car are you going to put it on? The vegas and pio are the fastest and most durable. I can't see people sacrificing that for a mounted alig when they can just car surf with on.

Thank you for going back and giving a detailed explanation. I appreciate it.

When I posted that idea to expand his idea i had a few things in mind.

IF car surfer is removed for some reason this could replace it in a way , and also because car surfer is so high to get that if its used in bronze district it tends to unbalance the match against lower players

So my idea to expand on his was to give another option , but I honestly do not know if it is a good idea or not.

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Thank you for going back and giving a detailed explanation. I appreciate it.

When I posted that idea to expand his idea i had a few things in mind.

IF car surfer is removed for some reason this could replace it in a way , and also because car surfer is so high to get that if its used in bronze district it tends to unbalance the match against lower players

So my idea to expand on his was to give another option , but I honestly do not know if it is a good idea or not.

Mounted MG truck would be cool, but seems more terrorist than criminal. But if it were introduced being able to kill the gunner would need to be key as well as having a quick mount and dismount animation. But why stop there when it comes to vehicles? Why not get something with a little more... omf?

Im talking monster trucks, semi's with the ability to ram through cars, and maybe buses with the abiliity to have multiple people shoot out the windows 😄 

49 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

more terrorist than criminal.

APB has military weapons so it would fit the lore for enforcers and criminals to have it.

I had to weigh that in as well.

and yes new animations would be needed for it.

I remember the community talking about shooting through vehicle windows , but I do not recall any stance by Little Orbit on if they would like to rework the cars or not after the engine upgrade given how much there is to do.

51 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Im talking monster trucks, semi's with the ability to ram through cars, and maybe buses with the abiliity to have multiple people shoot out the windows 😄 

an 18 wheeler filled with booze for a new mission would be welcome. so a new vehicle for it would be needed so i don't know of any reason why not.

we already have garbage trucks and trash trucks as well so why not make the city more alive with  a semi.

we need a fire truck too. with all those cars burning and no fire truck? doesn't feel alive enough for a city.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:28 AM, proxie said:

A claymore is  big n bulky so if they were limited to just one then it may be possible to balance them.

two or more would be overkill and since they are explosive i would make it to where consumable ammo boxes can not refill them.

but thats if they could be added and balanced to begin with , otherwise they shouldn't be here on APB

17 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Another option would be to turn the smoke into an object, one that can be phased through, but not seen through/out of.

I like this idea. Military targeting in real life needs visual confirmation for gear to work so it seems fair enough for APB to be the same after the engine upgrade

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I remember the community talking about shooting through vehicle windows , but I do not recall any stance by Little Orbit on if they would like to rework the cars or not after the engine upgrade given how much there is to do.

Personally, I think that on a meta standpoint, having the ability to shoot through car windows would be detrimental to the gameplay, as the game has been oriented around this for the past decade, and is one of the core elements in the game's design. I say this, because currently, players become part of the car model, as that's how the game has been built. Given this, I remember hearing that it's either insanely difficult, or impossible to implement this in the current engine. Granted, however LO built the new engine, I'm unsure of the merits of the backend side of the argument, but I think because of the design of the game, this would hurt the gameplay should it be implemented.

an 18 wheeler filled with booze for a new mission would be welcome. so a new vehicle for it would be needed so i don't know of any reason why not.

we already have garbage trucks and trash trucks as well so why not make the city more alive with  a semi.

Unsure of adding trailers, but definitely adding in a brand new large truck type vehicle would super fun for missions to try out.

Also, please, LO, if you're watching, please please please fix the Armored Truck where it turns slightly left while pressing on the accelerator.

we need a fire truck too. with all those cars burning and no fire truck? doesn't feel alive enough for a city.

Also, I like this idea too, we have ambulances, firetrucks are a welcome addition.