JOSELA

DELETE / BIG NERF Explosives Guns

Me and more of people are fucking tired to play vs this explosives guns make the games EXTREMELY BORING is 0 skill for the boys who use it a monkey can play with rocket and make kills, and 0 fun for other players.

Me and a lot of players thinks this elements of the game sucks, it make the pvps incredible bored and with no sense, good players and start players want to play the pvps leggit with guns, and be fun not want to waste our time vs losers who only know spawm a rocket or a explosive, is totally stupid.

Two of my friends delete the game for this reason and maybe if I get tired I will be the next, it make the game looks like monkeys playing with negative IQ.

Regards.

• Like 4

I would agree that the explosives in the game are a bit out of place at the moment, but mostly due to car missions. They are not that fun to play with (imo) but so incredibly annoying to play against.

Edited by proxie
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2020 at 9:14 PM, JOSELA said:

Snip

All I see you do ingame is complain, now you gotta take it to the forums as well?

OT: Yeah, explosive weapons are annoying but easy to counter with teamwork. Since the OSMAW only has 4 rockets, I don't see a reason for the Volcano to have 14, should be 8 or so.

I believe a few changes should be tweaked - It's fine as AV weaponry, but maybe reduce the health damage just a smidge so it doesn't one shot people? The HVR doesn't - I don't see why a rocket launcher should, regardless of not being hitscan.

Edit: This is why I don't give my opinion.

Edited by JohnNighthawk
Downvotes.
  • Thanks 1

The problem with explosives is that their effectiveness is very subjective to what kind of enemy player you are facing. It's not even close to being as consistent as normal weapons.

Explosive guns have an entry level of skill close to an HVR, PMG or ATAC. Getting killed by them can sure be frustrating but almost all explosive weapons become useless as you get harder enemies.

A fully kitted pioneer makes the OSMAW completely useless. Blowtorch and High Burn Fuel make it basically pointless to even attempt shooting a pioneer at full health. The EOLs aren't that good, with the exception of the Deep Impact which actually takes a decent amount of practice before it becomes decent.

The strongest contenders are the OPGL and Volcano. These have the potential to be insanely good, yet you rarely ever see anyone that is very successful with them. I think people get a wrong impression of just how viable explosives are, because what you usually experience is someone making a nicely timed swap and win a specific stage. The people that actually main these weapons tend to generally not be that successful, because of inconsistency.

--

Very few people in this game even bother to learn explosives to such a degree that they can use them against high threat players and be successful. Even after all of my practice there are people that I can't use explosives against, no matter what I do.

What I think is the problem is the people using explosives against people who do not have access to the counters. There are a disgusting amount of high ranking but low threat veterans that farm new players in bronze districts using explosives. This is something that needs to be changed.

Explosives will most likely not be removed and I think they do have their place. If measures are taken to ensure a fair environment where each side has access to explosives and their counters, it actually encourages skillfull play of this weapon role. Yes, these weapons reward skillfull usage. They're not on OSCAR level of mastery but I would encourage anyone to try and use these against decent players. You will very quickly realize how useless you can be.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Are this weapons that big of annoyance?

Never had problems to dunk their rockets or nades and just finish them off on foot, carrying on.

And then they were quick to change for something more convienent to fight with me.

P.S. Don't fight in predictable manner.

Edited by Mitne

I think explosive weapons should do more damage against vehicles and way less damage to players.

and or just be removed (not including the grenade launcher)

On 6/3/2020 at 4:14 PM, JOSELA said:

Me and more of people are fucking tired to play vs this explosives guns make the games EXTREMELY BORING is 0 skill for the boys who use it a monkey can play with rocket and make kills, and 0 fun for other players.

Me and a lot of players thinks this elements of the game sucks, it make the pvps incredible bored and with no sense, good players and start players want to play the pvps leggit with guns, and be fun not want to waste our time vs losers who only know spawm a rocket or a explosive, is totally stupid.

Two of my friends delete the game for this reason and maybe if I get tired I will be the next, it make the game looks like monkeys playing with negative IQ.

Regards.

Here is a better ask.

Please drop all rank 195 mods to rank 85.  It is not fair for the high levels to have access to Flak while new players who do not have access to counter for explosive weapons.

Explosive weapons are fine.  They are easy to avoid if you learn how to avoid their strengths.  Stay out of tight hallways, stop traveling grouped up in vehicles, stop using vehicles as cover, and learn how the weapons work so you can avoid their max range.

Drop the rank 195 mods to rank 85 and you will immediately see how weak explosive are, that is if you chose to use Flak.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

I said what I had to say later when the game keeps dying more and more and the new players who enter last 2 days in the game as always, in the case of my friends, you will blame any stupidity and not these things, although Well seen what I have seen, a lot of new players sweat it to me not.

the only actual problem would be with how opgl nades might be hard to spot for some players.

other than that? probably just the switching speed, it annoys some people that are hit by explosives and then finished off. But eh, what can you do about it.

9 minutes ago, JOSELA said:

I said what I had to say later when the game keeps dying more and more and the new players who enter last 2 days in the game as always, in the case of my friends, you will blame any stupidity and not these things, although Well seen what I have seen, a lot of new players sweat it to me not.

The thing is you can't change every little aspect of this game because of the minuscule population it has.

So you take away the EOL and Volcano weapons, even the OSMAW.  How are you going to refund everyone that owns those items?  People have spent hundreds of dollars getting the EOL and Volcano, now you think they should just delete those weapons instead of... I don't know, allowing people to learn how to counter those weapons with minimal skill?

I am not great at shooters but even I can avoid explosive weapons the majority of the time.  I rarely die from them more than once and only once because someone swaps to explosives without me noticing.

If I can learn how to avoid explosive weapons, nearly anyone can.

Edited by illgot

1 minute ago, illgot said:

The thing is you can't change every little aspect of this game because of the minuscule population it has.

So you take away the EOL and Volcano weapons, even the OSMAW.  How are you going to refund everyone that owns those items?  People have spent hundreds of dollars getting the EOL and Volcano, now you think they should just delete those weapons instead of... I don't know, allowing people to learn how to counter those weapons with minimal skill?

I am not great at shooters but even I can avoid explosive weapons the majority of the time.  I rarely die from them more than once and mainly only once because someone usually swaps to explosives without me noticing.

If I can learn how to avoid explosive weapons, nearly anyone can.

I can undestand it obiously, but Its a think should be change if game want to see more new players and dont want to see some players uninstalling the game, cause is not fun, in some situations you cant defeat a rocket man for example if he have a good position with cover and have the point in front of him and other players support him . I dont want the item deleted of the game ( although i would love to)  cause i understand people spend time and money for get it but the develovers have to resolve this problem cause make matches TERRIBLE BORED.

15 hours ago, JOSELA said:

Regards.

Explosive weapons are a differnd way of playing and are usefull ingame, IE car missions, crowd control, corner camper countering, countering item runners and lots more. Besides that, the weapons aren't that hard to counter-attack due to the low reloadspeed. Just because you do not like these wqeapons does not mean that they're not usefull. They don't need to be nerfed nore deleted from the game.

Just incase you get tired of fighting vs payers who use explosive weapons and want to quit, I can teamview you and help you uninstall the game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Very few people in this game even bother to learn explosives to such a degree that they can use them against high threat players and be successful.

Exactely, if you master the OPGL and/or the Volcano and know how to use them propery then enemy will have their hands full. On the other hand (as discussed before) it can be countered by experienced players. 

For the record: I'm an OPGL/Volcano user who uses the weapons in a tactical manner, not just point & click towards an enemy.

Edited by Spy

People may leave for a various reasons, but I doub that explosives are one of them, so dont use this stupid argument, becouse APB is not dying becouse of this. For me, its fun to play with, and fun to play againts. I love to play with explosives when I know I cant win anyway, so I just troll around with enemies.

And I dont use any high end vehicles. My favorite is 4 slotted Macchina Calabria, and Coywolf, and its always such a satisfactory to dodge the missile. I dont remember last time I got hit by a rocket.

You must be doing something wrong, buddy.

Yes, it has a high entry level so its almost 0 skill to use, but people must have almost 0 skill if they die to this repeatedly.

So you guys are telling me that I have to buy a rocket, take a camper position, stay all the match there, when people delete a lot of my HP cover myseft, and thats the fun for the player rocket? so sad. I respect my seft for no do it that LOL.

17 minutes ago, JOSELA said:

So you guys are telling me that I have to buy a rocket, take a camper position, stay all the match there, when people delete a lot of my HP cover myseft, and thats the fun for the player rocket? so sad. I respect my seft for no do it that LOL.

No, that's not what we're saying. But, if you cornercamp I will bounce an opgl grenade on the wall behind you, make it land next to you and force you to move 😛

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOSELA said:

laughs in hvr

I honestly don't find explosives annoying at all.

And even if someone is dumb enough to spam them, which lets be honest is pretty stupid unless its a missions stage that calls for it, its quite easy to counter around it like you would with any other weapon. Sure they might get you a few times, but overall if they are using explosives at the wrong time their impact on the mission will be overall less than using a proper weapon.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

I think most of the annoyance with explos comes from the fact that you unlock them pretty late in progression. They never had ability to try them out, but died several times to them.

The occasional weekend warrior with fresh account has no clue on what's happening around, has little to no money at all to lease guns and is most likely bewildered by stuff that goes boom and costs so many apb$ for one sales unit of ammo.

And when used effectively, they can be a real pain in the neck in certain mission types/locations if your team is organized like few clueless addicts looking for next fix.

Edited by Chinook

8 hours ago, Chinook said:

I think most of the annoyance with explos comes from the fact that you unlock them pretty late in progression.

You can rent an osmaw for 2k JT wich is not hard to get, join fightclub and get kills with it until you hit Demo rank 3 and voila, osmaw/opgl unlocked and usuable at rank 85.

Edited by Spy

On 6/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, JOSELA said:

Me and more of people are fucking tired to play 

"me is fucking tired", same man, same

explosives already got giant nerfs and... hm, they only thing i still don't like is opgl spam - flak jacket is a pretty easy way to deal with this though. just wish that wasn't 195.

Edited by neophobia

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

Flak jacket is a pretty easy way to deal with this though. just wish that wasn't 195.

I think you can rent those mods for just 200JT if I'm not mistaking.

If you decide to play an explosive weapon, you're at a large disadvantage.

Leave them the way they are, hell the EOL series even deserve a slight buff.

• Like 2

Personal little opinion?

There isnt nothing better feeling of switch to a OPGL and rekt 6/7  people that are campering all close togheter as pigs in heat (especially in  close space matchups)

In certain location very easy to defend, There are case where it's almost impossible complete a point/ objetive if  your opponent is at least decent, unless you may arrange an very good teamworking.

At second of the location, Explosive weapons may be one of the best answer to campervan players.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:09 AM, VanilleKeks said:

What I think is the problem is the people using explosives against people who do not have access to the counters. There are a disgusting amount of high ranking but low threat veterans that farm new players in bronze districts using explosives. This is something that needs to be changed.

Discussed about it for years... LO if doesnt want to stop higher ranks to join bronze districts...

LO may just make  not usable to use any explosive weapon, characters mod and car mod r190+.

About some character mods/ consumables unable to use we have already see in some special maps, I suppose they may make more and less "the same rules" for distinct districts such as bronze, silver etc..