Sign in to follow this  
Nance

Music Player not working (but others can hear it)

Hi all,

I recently picked up APB and noticed a problem. The Music Player is not working for me. To be more specific:

• All sounds are working for me aside from the Music Player
  • Others can hear my music, I cannot
  • The volume is switched up on the Music Player and the tracks are shown as playing

I am using Windows 10. Does anyone have any ideas for solutions I could try? The problem continued with several patches. I've seen mention of a possible codec problem, but I don't know how to go about resolving/updating/fixing it.

Thanks!

On 6/3/2020 at 2:57 PM, Nance said:

Hi all,

I recently picked up APB and noticed a problem. The Music Player is not working for me. To be more specific:

• All sounds are working for me aside from the Music Player
  • Others can hear my music, I cannot
  • The volume is switched up on the Music Player and the tracks are shown as playing

I am using Windows 10. Does anyone have any ideas for solutions I could try? The problem continued with several patches. I've seen mention of a possible codec problem, but I don't know how to go about resolving/updating/fixing it.

Thanks!

Are you using a config ? that might be the issue, as some configs remove music from cars

try starting your launcher and hitting "repair"

Edited by Ketog

On 6/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, Ketog said:

Are you using a config ? that might be the issue, as some configs remove music from cars

try starting your launcher and hitting "repair"

Hey @Ketog, thanks for your help. What do you mean by config? I'll give the repair a shot in the meantime.

@Nance he meant replacing APB ini files as a config cause some ppl making configs to have some advantage so they disable some sounds from the ingame like ambient sounds they buff up the shoots and car sound disabling car sound etc. but your trouble was propably synced to configuration file where you propably muded ingame music sound

On 6/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, TheSxW said:

@Nance he meant replacing APB ini files as a config cause some ppl making configs to have some advantage so they disable some sounds from the ingame like ambient sounds they buff up the shoots and car sound disabling car sound etc. but your trouble was propably synced to configuration file where you propably muded ingame music sound

Ah thanks - yeah, not something I've messed with. I ran a repair and still not working unfortunately. Very odd.