MrHigz

Imagine what APB can look like by next year's E3.

...and what if Little Orbit puts out a marketing video for the game detailing all of the confirmed changes? Sure, it's a long shot, but if they keep this amount of passion, who knows what we'll see.

you want a 10 year old game to be advertised at e3?

• Like 1

Nothing's new that they can present in the E3, maybe if they will decide to make an APB 2 or something, but it's fully MMO FPS which kinda makes it staying what it really means to be. so I don't think having APB 2 just as Ubishit doing with The Division making another one called The Division 2, or Destiny 2 which made now having another destiny called "Destiny: Forsaken". That's just marketing idiotic movements to make another game with the same mechanics just to tell different story, it's not A movie nor a book. It's a video game, a multiplayer video game and it should stay like that LO need to make this ugly patootie Beast to be a Beautiful Princess. They just need the time and resources to do so. And I believe in them.

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Sure, why not? If this game ever gets to a pristine condition, with better (decently updated to 4.0) looking graphics, no critical bugs, enhancement of current mechanics and considerable new content (new maps, reworked UI that wont cause lag, new mechanics, new cars, weapons, modes, etc), it could certainly has its place on E3.

Blizzard advertises their World of Warcraft, which is already 14 years old and people still enjoy it.

Not like big companies do (Bethesda, Playstation, etc), but maybe with a stand there, givin attention to people, marketing the game and giving some fancy things to people (flyers with codes) to gather their attention... but the main thing must be there then, which would be: a REALLY polished game, that can't look like it's now, all broken from years of mismanagement and unattention.

Remember the live action trailer? This could have worked, if the game ALSO worked as it should.

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Skyrim pretty much still is.

APB's can abuse it's marketing potential to be very adaptive to many gaming trends. Just a matter of doing so.

Edited by LUST
pretty*
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Remember the live action trailer? This could have worked, if the game ALSO worked as it should.

Man if only we got THAT game....

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

you can replicate the live gameplay parts pretty easy, just go to a bronze district

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

you can replicate the live gameplay parts pretty easy, just go to a bronze district

Out of Likes but it did put a smile on my face. Though I haven't seen even the worse of the worse have a stand off behind cars like that in awhile.... Also i now want a Nun outfit in game

First after UE4 update they should fix light for cop cars and reflex lights to environment as we seen first video trailers.

Not long time ago the game was almost dead. Who knows if the game survive this year. 

Graphically better but aesthetically worse? 

Okay.

LO just dropped a small fortune to purchase G1, they hired 2 different crews to work on 2 different engine upgrades, this is in addition to the team they have working on the Live game, they just made arrangements with BattleEye, they're still working with FairFight, they just got a new Forum, not to mention whatever they've got planned for the other games G1 had in their roster, and you think they'll recover those expenditures in time for E3 next year?

Keep dreaming.

It costs like $30,000 to rent a booth at E3. That doesn't even factor the actual booth itself--just the space. The Booth can run a company around $80,000, and that's not even a good one. So basically, it's a $100,000 buy in for E3, and that's just to get your foot in the door.

To be fair, that budget is nothing but pure advertisement. Only problem is, E3 isn't the place to spend that money when what you need is long-term awareness. E3 is used as a boost in sudden awareness or maybe some kind of reveal for something that's exceptionally noteworthy. It's not the place for an old game that was using old tech when it was released nearly a decade ago. MAYBE if they managed to get the Unreal 4 Engine by then, but that's not going to happen, and even then, that money would be better spent elsewhere--like on blogs or something. World of Warcraft can continue to be at E3 because it's practically a staple at this point--hell, it's one of the reasons E3 is what it even is today--and besides that it's World of Warcraft, and besides even that, Blizzard is owned by Activision. Little Orbit ain't Activision. I wish them all the best to get there some day, but at the moment, they're not in the big leagues like that.

E3 isn't what this game needs. What this game needs is decent street cred purported by players. They literally have to reverse the flavor people already have about this game so that it's actually positive. LO is currently in a grace period right now, and they're on the upswing. So, there's positive energy at the moment. But this ball isn't going to really get rolling until earliest, Unreal 3.5.

• Like 2

I guess advertising at the E3 is pretty cost heavy... 

Giving interviews or beg for an article in game magazines should have an impact too and is pretty cheap.

16 minutes ago, DonBlack said:

I guess advertising at the E3 is pretty cost heavy... 

Giving interviews or beg for an article in game magazines should have an impact too and is pretty cheap.

It cost for sure, this is why it's as majority all biggest companies thats presents their games.

But about some interviews for some game magazines it's a good idea to keep in mind, a good ad for less cost.

10 hours ago, Poperon said:

Sure, why not? If this game ever gets to a pristine condition, with better (decently updated to 4.0) looking graphics, no critical bugs, enhancement of current mechanics and considerable new content (new maps, reworked UI that wont cause lag, new mechanics, new cars, weapons, modes, etc), it could certainly has its place on E3.

Blizzard advertises their World of Warcraft, which is already 14 years old and people still enjoy it.

Not like big companies do (Bethesda, Playstation, etc), but maybe with a stand there, givin attention to people, marketing the game and giving some fancy things to people (flyers with codes) to gather their attention... but the main thing must be there then, which would be: a REALLY polished game, that can't look like it's now, all broken from years of mismanagement and unattention.

Ugh, this is still the biggest piece of bait I've ever taken...

10 hours ago, SelttikS said:

Ikr? I wanna rob armoured vans too, they're everywhere!

Well, at least I can swoop in with a 4 door car/SUV and rescue my team (or try to)

if they actually take the engine upgrade seriously...they could try pushing something into e3...but the game is still running poorly so leave e3 out of this lmfao

First they need something worth advertising.

pay attention to those lyrics.

"Changing your identity in the middle of the game"

"1 phone call and your block's flooded ... I Pray on the weak the strong know me well"

Dethreating...

Edited by Zolerox

12 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

I Pray on the weak the the strong know me well

Lmfao, good job making me think twice about the ONE LINE I liked the most...

implementing reality confuse users, lots of differences reality-n-virtuality.

- stop dreaming. we are not a kinds anymore 
kids must look at this and understood it difference

Edited by Dahel

1 minute ago, Anudureju said:

kids it is must look at this and understood it 

What?

4 minutes ago, Anudureju said:

I wish all my missions were this cinematic (I watched it without sound though)

26 minutes ago, Anudureju said:

Nice

Watching that makes me wish the guns and vehicles would get a sound overhaul.

Some of current things sound too artificial.

4 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Ugh, this is still the biggest piece of bait I've ever taken...

I agree too. The concept is cool, but there are so many things in the video that ruin or diverge from the game :classic_mellow:

For example, the acting was pretty bad, the fat cop on its knee crying like a baby was terrible, the bald cop guy doesn't have a badge on the live action, then he appears in game with the badge.

Now something that diverge between the action trailer and the game, is the girl using a nun outfit. We got no nun outfit in game! What the heck!! :classic_laugh::classic_tongue:

12 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I agree too. The concept is cool, but there are so many things in the video that ruin or diverge from the game :classic_mellow:

For example, the acting was pretty bad, the fat cop on its knee crying like a baby was terrible, the bald cop guy doesn't have a badge on the live action, then he appears in game with the badge.

Now something that diverge between the action trailer and the game, is the girl using a nun outfit. We got no nun outfit in game! What the heck!! :classic_laugh::classic_tongue:

Also the fact that you'll never see crims and enfos lining up cars across the street for a regular ol' shootout. The guy pulling the OSMAW out was pretty accurate (a conc nade would have been faster though lol)

• Like 1