Sakebee

First Playable Livestream and Giveaway

Great stream. Looking forward to see what else the game has in store. Especially different course hazards and the things.

This is looking more promising than I was ever expecting after all the Playdek fallout. You guys have definitely proved to be committed to the original. Looks very much in the spirit of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics, which is ideal to me. That was a great presentation on the stream, as well.

Really enjoyed the stream today! After all these years, it's so refreshing to see the dedication and passion that is being put into the game.  It's really starting to feel real that this will be playable and coming soon!  Looking forwards to everything.

Unfortunately I was too busy to see the entirety of the stream but what I did catch has surpassed my expectations.

I had my doubts about the project but this honestly looks and sounds pretty good. It'll probably be a blast to play and the little bit of story we got seems pretty interesting, as well.

I'm sure I'll be happy to finally play the game once the time comes.

Hello, 

Really enjoyed the livestream. I backed this so long ago I almost forgot about it at one point. It looks great though and cannot wait to play. Hope I win the drawing for the demo code. 

Giveaway entry.

That was a really great stream! Glad to see the game is finally coming along greatly! The artstyle looks awesome especially the environments, totally glad to have backed this all those years back! Thank you for all your hardwork!

Honestly I’m shocked that this is really happening.  Watching it in action makes it all feel real.  The game looks good.

I enjoyed hearing the music, it sounded like something I could listen to the entire play through!

The complexity of the battle system is fantastic! It is not too much, do not simplify the mechanics. I believe complexity is needed in this type of turn based strategy game. 

Most of all, the level design is absolutely stunning. It makes all of this waiting worth it. Thanks for continuing to keep this project alive. Keep up the good work.

-Acceleraid

It's been great to see some real gameplay after years of following the campaign updates. YAY to a chance to play it and give some feedback to maybe make it even nicer.

Congrats on the big milestone 🙂

$165 "Design Consultant" Backer checking in for a giveaway entry. 🙂

Giveaway entry.

I didn't watch the stream because I wanted my first playthrough unspoiled.

Good luck to all, but I hope I win a key so I can stream to my buddies.

Great to see that the game was resurrected from the dead.  The music was fantastic (as expected) and I'm glad the art style was toned down; what was initially shown was too cartoony.

I wasn't a fan of the UI in terms of how it meshed with the rest of the design.  The UI by itself is fine - simple and clean.  However it seemed very 'flat' when compared with how colorful the world was.  I thought doing a little to spiff it up (color gradients, shadowing, sparkles, something) might tie it together.

I also wasn't a fan of the animated character portraits.  I thought that this implementation looked too much like warcraft 3, which made it seem a bit dated.   If you do that route I think the portraits need to be more detailed; otherwise it might be better to stick to artwork.

I don't have time to play right now so I don't want to be entered in the contest - I just wanted to give my feedback.  🙂

Also here for the drawing. Can't wait to play!

Game looks great. Can't wait to play it. Matt did a great job selling it.

Very much interested in giving the game a shot after all this time! I must say I lost patience with the livestream, which for my tastes was slow and over-explained, but the game itself is looking fantastic and I do appreciate that a lot of thought has clearly gone into it. Though I don't quite follow what constraints hexes place on using the third dimension that squares don't.