Sakebee

First Playable Livestream and Giveaway

This thread is for discussion of the live playthrough of missions 1 through 3 (what we are calling our “First Playable”) which took place on the Little Orbit Twitch channel.

If you haven't already, check out the VOD as Matt Scott takes questions and showcases new game features (skip ahead 20 minutes or so to dive right in). Then, come back here and let us know what you think. Not only is your feedback critical to bringing Unsung Story to life, but we will also be giving 10 lucky Kickstarter backers who post in this thread access to this same First Playable build!

Backers $165 and above have access included in their tier, so only backers below that threshold are eligible. If you signed up for the forums with an email other than your kickstarter email, please be prepared to provide your kickstarter email via DM to claim your prize.

You can also join us on Discord here.

Good luck!

EDIT #1 - If you would like to be considered for this giveaway, please post in this thread before 4pm Pacific today (6/2/2020).

EDIT #2 - We've pulled winners for the giveaway! You can find the list here.

• Like 3

It looks good, mostly just concerned about the lower hit %s.  Guess we'll have to play to see how that works out.

Early Bird backer here. Hope I get lucky. Thanks for the great stream. Looks great.

Great footage.  Super excited about the project and I want to thank the team for taking on such a risky venture!

I backed at the $20 Early Bird level. 

The demo looked good. Thank you again for picking up this project and putting so much work into it. 

The demo was excellent. In particular, the environments, lighting, and interface look great. I'm increasingly excited to see the completed game.

My main critique is that I feel like character movement is a bit slow. It seemed as if their speed lacked the urgency they would have in battle.

Checking in here coming from the stream.  Honestly I had pretty much written off my Kickstarter backing of Unsung Story long before now but seeing what's been done so far I'm very impressed and excited to eventually get my hands on this.  Keep up the great work!

What a fantastic first look at the game. It's a real treat to see this Kickstarter finally come to fruition. I don't have any real 'discussion', I guess, except to say: Thank you Little Orbit!

Hi.

How do I go about entering the giveaway Matt talked about?
I'm and original backer at the US$30 tier, but I didn't use my Kickstarter e-mail on my Gamers First account.

First look was REALLY positive for me. You all have done a great job! Hopefully I get lucky for the drawing of the First Playable demo giveaway! Cheers y'all! Keep it up!

I liked a lot what I've seen. Love the graphics style and animations. It's looking better than many games that claimed to be some spiritual successor of FFT. You've been doing a nice job on it.

Besides posting to enter the giveaway, I want to say I love what I saw and am excited to play it. It was also nice seeing a CEO who knew all the nuances of his company's games. Matt was very charming and sold the game well!

Nothing critical to say. The game looks fun and great. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and applaud you guys for stepping in and getting the job done.

Also posting to enter for the give away. I am a $30 backer. Thanks!!!

Here's hoping i win , been a long time waiting but it's loooking awesome from the first 3 missions I saw today

Definitely pleased with what has been shown so far. After waiting 6 years, it's nice to finally see some live gameplay. 

4 minutes ago, WatcherJoshua said:

The demo was excellent. In particular, the environments, lighting, and interface look great. I'm increasingly excited to see the completed game.

My main critique is that I feel like character movement is a bit slow. It seemed as if their speed lacked the urgency they would have in battle.

Matt said during the stream that they only have one walk cycle implemented at the moment. 

The levels and graphics are all gorgeous! I'm super excited as an original backer to have this project actually receive love. I felt like the walking animation when the players move on the board a bit slow. Haha they're in battle, maybe there should be a bit more urgency in their step. Other than that, I'm just happy to get something out of my investment. 

Giveaway entry.

The game looks very, very good, loved every bit of the stream. Thank you for your hard work, cannot wait to play it.