MattScott

Anti-cheat update

2 hours ago, Musul Man said:

Also a crosshair overlay is a cheat

crosshair overlays have been officially allowed by little orbit as long as it doesn't interact with the game files

Is it just me or the population has gone down hill since the Anti-Cheat change? we was looking at 1200 players now its gone back to 600 max.. 

3 hours ago, Musul Man said:

When did they feign ignorance and catch people?

A while back they were  silent about catching cheaters.

There's forum threads about how out of nowhere they banned people and had  kept quiet  to play possum and get all possible accounts they could.

This was somewhere before the 3rd party version of the advanced launcher got people banned which was a different situation.

I do not remember the exact timeline but it was before that . sorry.

41 minutes ago, Ashn said:

Is it just me or the population has gone down hill since the Anti-Cheat change? we was looking at 1200 players now its gone back to 600 max.. 

people went back to work

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

people went back to work

Makes sense

The game is not enjoyable anymore.

3 hours ago, Ashn said:

Makes sense

So many people does not work the nightshift.

13 hours ago, 404 said:

crosshair overlays have been officially allowed by little orbit as long as it doesn't interact with the game files

But how do you know if the guy is using a crosshair overlay or he is using the crosshair from a hidden aimbot? Thats where LO failed. You can't know the difference just by looking at it in a video. It could be that the crosshair is the only thing appearing on the video but in reality the guy has all sorts of cheats all over the screen he alone can see.

Edited by Musul Man

ok,

On 6/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We're going to be making a change to the anti-cheat soon, and I want to walk the community through it instead of brushing it under the rug.

I'll start with why we are no longer sticking with Easy Anti-Cheat.

When we negotiated the deal with Kamu (Epic Games), the service was supposed to be client and server side. The critical reason for moving was their management tools and the server side piece which we didn't get with BattlEye. However, we also agreed to pay more to get that. The client side integration was fairly smooth, but the server side integration hit immediate snags. We spent months trying different configurations with the networks to get them talking properly, and when that didn't work, both sides dedicated programming support to fix the issues. When it still didn't work, we started exploring other ways to possibly fix it, but Kamu said based on our concurrency we wouldn't like get good results anyway. More recently I was finally contacted by their head of development with the news that they could no longer justify the resources to finish the server side integration. So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. 

Clearly, we will need to keep evaluating server side solutions or build our own, because I have yet to see one that works well enough.

During my discussions with various providers, I also went back to BattlEye. Their solution has had some nice improvements since we left, so we're going to give that a try again.

Next I want to talk about the current cheating issues in APB.

While we do have some private cheats for EAC floating around, I will say that is still in the low single digit percentages for our entire population. However, we do have a problem right now with scripted triggerbots and aimbots. These are an entirely different category of cheat, because they are typically built with the hot key/mouse scripting systems. They are easy to spot, but they are easy to false positive. There are many legitimate uses for scripting systems, and players don't often realize they are enabled by default when they enter the game. 

With all of that in mind, once we switch to BattlEye we are going to start taking measures against the systems that these cheats are written in. This may be a little bumpy, and I guarantee some players will not read the forums and find themselves very frustrated. But I am taking this step to let all of you to know in advance, that you need to disable your macros and hot key / mouse scripting systems.

Anti-cheat will always a work in progress.

We will continue to iterate on this.

We need a level playing field for players to have fun.

Thanks,

Matt

Ok, just a few questions:

1. is there a clear notification for this ingame? Or at least send an email to everyone that macros are not allowed anymore.

Otherwise your Support will be flooded with non Forum readers getting banned.

2. is Support even prepared?

to get flooded with all the Mails and hardened up to hear all the amazing stories of why the ban is false. or how dramatically innocent someone is because relative X came over to play or the 3yo brother played apb for th first time immediately installing all the hacks?.

3. Do I rally need to clear my hotkeys utilising single keys?

So all extra keys assigned buttons will not work anymore (or trigger bans)?  Also, this can absolutely cause horrible bans if so may someone just forgets to switch a mouseprofile to an empty one after playing another game. I would expect a proper anticheat to check for macros automating multiple steps not single key strikes.

But except from those 3 things, hearing we get work on an anticheats again is good.

Edited by LilyV3

5 hours ago, Musul Man said:

But how do you know if the guy is using a crosshair overlay or he is using the crosshair from a hidden aimbot? Thats where LO failed. You can't know the difference just by looking at it in a video. It could be that the crosshair is the only thing appearing on the video but in reality the guy has all sorts of cheats all over the screen he alone can see.

you specifically mentioned crosshair overlays as cheats which is incorrect

any other cheats a player may be using such as an aimbot are A) still against the tos, and B) still theoretically banned for by battleye - someone using a crosshair overlay does not get a free pass to cheat just because the overlay code is attached to their aimbot

16 hours ago, 404 said:

you specifically mentioned crosshair overlays as cheats which is incorrect

any other cheats a player may be using such as an aimbot are A) still against the tos, and B) still theoretically banned for by battleye - someone using a crosshair overlay does not get a free pass to cheat just because the overlay code is attached to their aimbot

Yeah I kind of didn't phrase it correctly there. But anyways, if the anticheat doesn't detect it I can go blatant with any sort of thing, record a video where the only part of the cheat that is recorded is the extra crosshair and show it as proof of legitness. If any sort of aid is absolutely not allowed then people can't have an excuse for something like this.

Also why would you use a crosshair overlay?? the game already has a crosshair when it is needed at almost all times, having one extra crosshair just tells me you are into the less than obscure software that enhances games which is just a step before using triggerbots and then aimbots. I have never ever seen a gameplay video of a shooter using any sort of aid of whatever. The only game I have seen this in my 30 years of gaming is just here on APB, the place where I also have seen way more hackers than on counter strike, and that is a thing.

Edited by Musul Man

14 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

show it as proof of legitness

crosshairs in no way prove legitness... I've never even heard that excuse
a custom crosshair only proves that the person uses a custom crosshair

customizable crosshairs exist in many shooters but not in apb, this is why 3rd party crosshair overlays are allowed (much like they are in other games)

I recommend HudSight, but a lot of people use PlayClaw.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:09 AM, Deadliest said:

most of the bad mice have a sniper button which sets to lowers your dpi sensitivity for precision aim if hold, not consider a cheat, you still have to move the mouse to aim.

Why would you switch dpi with each type of weapon? all mice have dpi switch but good players rarely switch their dpi and have it disable, those who do are usually have a bad habit and don't know what sensitivity to use either high or low depending on the weapon they use. 

example they are probably comfortable with sniping with low sensitivity, but when they switch to ntec they need a high sensitivity to track, with mice dpi switch they can do it on the go instead of just going to options and changing sensitivity in mid game.  

you have the right to do whatever you want . if you are not banned, it is not your fault , it is the shortcomings of anti-cheat programs .  the responsibility lies with the user .

Edited by yood

On 6/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, CookiePuss said:

I meant that if the guy is questioned about the crosshair he can just go "its an overlay" while perhaps there is a 50% chance it is actually part of a cheat, and people will have to believe the guy. Therefore he proves his legitness by saying he is using an overlay.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, N66 said:

Does the current EAC use any degree of server side measures? if not, EAC client side only is not a choice? I'm saying this since I find a lot less cheaters since EAC was used and it'd be a shame to lose that.

On the other hand, I understand that it might be controversial to suddenly disallow all macros, but to be honest, I can't think of a macro someone needs in APB that has a legitimate use, so in my opinion it's a huge advantage if we get rid of all the macros

95% of all cheating in game is from bots (macros).   Beside trigger bots, the use of fastrunjumpcarryitems bots, Kangaroojumpcarry bots, Weaponswap bots, Fastcasereload bots and superthrow bots are the top fiive(5) you see in almost every match..

There is no reason or excuse to use any bot in APB,  The only reasiuon or justification for a  bot is to grind/farm mats in MMOs,

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, CookiePuss said:

a custom crosshair only proves that the person uses a custom crosshair

customizable crosshairs exist in many shooters but not in apb, this is why 3rd party crosshair overlays are allowed (much like they are in other games)

I recommend HudSight, but a lot of people use PlayClaw.

I always wondered about the custom crosshair.

I have to assume that with a custom crosshair, that you would not experience any (in-game) crosshair bloom when firing.

That would be great.

I would no longer have to deal with the "in-game mechanics that expands the crosshair between shots,

and I can actuality stay aimed on target.

Or is this a misunderstanding ?

1 minute ago, Westford said:

I always wondered about the custom crosshair.

I have to assume that with a custom crosshair, that you would not experience any (in-game) crosshair bloom when firing.

That would be great.

I would no longer have to deal with the "in-game mechanics that expands the crosshair between shots,

and I can actuality stay aimed on target.

Or is this a misunderstanding ?

You could choose to ignore the thing that tells you when you can land a shot vs miss, sure.

No idea why you'd want to though.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You could choose to ignore the thing that tells you when you can land a shot vs miss, sure. No idea why you'd want to though.

Because you stand the best chance of hitting the target if you keep your center of screen on their center of mass, regardless of how much bloom you're suffering.

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You could choose to ignore the thing that tells you when you can land a shot vs miss, sure.

No idea why you'd want to though.

Hmmm...

So I would no longer rely on the "in-game" cross hair turning Red (because of crosshair Bloom) ,

but I could effectively stay on target with the custom crosshair ?

I choose the custom crosshair.

My eye sight is good.

Enemy is in my sights.

And no, I do not care if I have an advantage..

I think I said that right ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

Hmmm...

So I would no longer rely on the "in-game" cross hair turning Red (because of crosshair Bloom) ,

but I could effectively stay on target with the custom crosshair ?

I choose the custom crosshair.

My eye sight is good.

Enemy is in my sights.

And no, I do not care if I have an advantage..

I think I said that right ...

If using the cross style crosshair that might suck as far as no red crosshair especially for those pixel shots, but you dont have to use a cross style, use a circle, Y shape, X shape, etc
you could also use a simple center dot, so you can still use the in game one for bloom and the redness, but always have the center dot to put on target

Or just wait for the release of 2.1, we should have more crosshair options then.

1 hour ago, Omega101 said:

95% of all cheating in game is from bots (macros).   Beside trigger bots, the use of fastrunjumpcarryitems bots, Kangaroojumpcarry bots, Weaponswap bots, Fastcasereload bots and superthrow bots are the top fiive(5) you see in almost every match..

There is no reason or excuse to use any bot in APB,  The only reasiuon or justification for a  bot is to grind/farm mats in MMOs,

There are afew reasons/excuses ppl make to cheat

1. Lack of skillz so they compensate to git gud
2. To ruin the experience of the game for others
3. Lack of morals to do the right thing and not do wrong

4. All of the above

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If using the cross style crosshair that might suck as far as no red crosshair especially for those pixel shots, but you dont have to use a cross style, use a circle, Y shape, X shape, etc
you could also use a simple center dot, so you can still use the in game one for bloom and the redness, but always have the center dot to put on target

Or just wait for the release of 2.1, we should have more crosshair options then.

Until the new engine comes out , and restrictions to custom crosshairs that bypasses the "in-game" bloom mechanics,

I choose to use Custom Crosshairs.

This will be great.

Thank you.

I will have an advantage, and maybe that is all I need.

Edited by Westford

On 01.06.2020 at 06:00, MattScott said:

Привет всем,Мы собираемся внести изменения в анти-чит в ближайшее время,

Спасибо,

Мэтт

Я случайным образом попал в клан где 1 игрок с этого клана играл с читом.. а было все так.. Находясь на бронзовом районе он имел золото.. и говорит- мне необходимо снова стать серебром что бы остоваться тут а вы играйте пока он довал себя убивать, просто подходя к врагу..

Через какоето время он снова начал играть с коментарием- сейчас включу чит .. потом я видел как он разкидывает врагов спомощию чита на лева и на право.знаете что самое плохое там.. игроки с нашей команды его хвалили и восхищальсь тем что у него есть чит дающей их команде 100% победу..

Если хотите Мэтт - я буду покупать читы и отпровлять их вам, если это поможет развитию..

8 hours ago, Westford said:

Until the new engine comes out , and restrictions to custom crosshairs that bypasses the "in-game" bloom mechanics,

I choose to use Custom Crosshairs.

This will be great.

Thank you.

I will have an advantage, and maybe that is all I need.

Best of luck, just don't get your hopes up.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 6/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, Spy said:

What is this? Comedy Central?

have fun now

Edited by henjey