MattScott

Anti-cheat update

On 6/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, Kittaa said:

Does that mean using a mouse with multiple buttons, button 5 for example as a hot-key for grenades, would cause a ban?

I have a Logitech mouse, so would the Logitech Software be a red flag?

If you're using the mouse itself, there shouldn't be a concern, as the extra buttons on a mouse are already recognized as buttons in most games including apb. What would cross the line however, would probably be softwares that runs macros. So as long as you shut down or never open your hardware's specific software that allows you to do macros, you should be fine. 

11 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

@Sakebee

my game performance is more worse than before -> i always get game stutter on Fullscreen Window.

Same for me. Just uninstalled the game, till engine upgrade . . .

Goodluck with this silly BE

15 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I actually did and all it showed was reddit posts saying it wasn't. sooo

I use like 800/1000/1200 dpi depending on which weapons I use or game. Switching between that shouldn't be "cheating" . Along with a sensativity clutch which i always forget i have which is set at 500 dpi.

Changing "how fast" your mouse moves on screen "shouldn't be" cheating. Just saying, and nothing I read said it is. Also, nothing in APB to my knowledge says it is either, which is why I was asking LO.

with different weapons, you can use different dpi parameters , this is like setting in the game one parameter worsens the other, the mouse movement will be more than necessary, you will lose accuracy and Vice versa .  

my mouse has the capability of up to 12 000 dpi. (  https://www.logitechg.com/ru-ru/products/gaming-mice/g502-hero-gaming-mouse.910-005470.html  )   this is an unrealistic figure for the game , set to 400 dpi .

in the game, you use different weapons even for one mission . your mouse settings should be perfectly balanced for both sniping and shotgun shooting .

Edited by yood

How can an anti-cheat give performance issues and all these errors? I've got noone of them, is fine for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Only a reminder of what faction cheated more, naughty enforcers 🙂

Rofl 5% more is not that many. Btw i'm sure a lot players who got banned probably had character of both faction

Yeah fairfight was a nice anticheat. Sad that they all unbanned and cheating since today.

My suspicions that enforcers have way more hackers have been answered with a big "your suspicions were right" 🙂

Why is it? Do cheaters feel like its best to use enforcers because of non lethal weps? or is it because they want to feel like a supercop right there for justice and law, and "be the hero"?

5 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Rofl 5% more is not that many. Btw i'm sure a lot players who got banned probably had character of both faction

5% on Jericho is 12-13 cheaters a day,  and when you only have 2 populated districts, depending on pop you could end up facing a cheater several times in a session.

tl;dr 5% cheaters DOES NOT mean only 5% of matches will contain cheaters

I thought the percentage was going to be even lower, but the reality is it could be even higher.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

5% on Jericho is 12-13 cheaters a day,  and when you only have 2 populated districts, depending on pop you could end up facing a cheater several times in a session.

tl;dr 5% cheaters DOES NOT mean only 5% of matches will contain cheaters

I thought the percentage was going to be even lower, but the reality is it could be even higher.

Less than you'd think, more than you'd like. That's how the situation has always been. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Less than you'd think, more than you'd like. That's how the situation has always been. 

More than I thought more than I'd like.

wasn't it 10%? thats 26ish hackers. Remember also that most of them are online most of the time because they are kind of addicted to the game, at least I see the ones I know every single time I log in

26 between the 2 districts that have people means like 12 hackers on each district, which is a lot actually. With those numbers you can get a cheater on every mission all day. No wonder why people complain.

Edited by Musul Man
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

wasn't it 10%?

"single digit %" is all we know

% is irrelevant

any form of cometogether is irrelevant

why are you here, reading this thread? go away, be something untraceable in the long run. please.

thank you for the shitty game performance and also for incompetent game support! my game is running more WORSE than before.

stupid battleye, someone remove it from google!!!

I log today after 7-10 days break and had no problems installin BE(last time antivirus was blockin it)I log on social for 10-15 min. so idk how effective is against cheaters..

Edited by TheMessiah

On 6/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, yood said:

with different weapons, you can use different dpi parameters , this is like setting in the game one parameter worsens the other, the mouse movement will be more than necessary, you will lose accuracy and Vice versa .  

my mouse has the capability of up to 12 000 dpi. (  https://www.logitechg.com/ru-ru/products/gaming-mice/g502-hero-gaming-mouse.910-005470.html  )   this is an unrealistic figure for the game , set to 400 dpi .

in the game, you use different weapons even for one mission . your mouse settings should be perfectly balanced for both sniping and shotgun shooting .

I like to use faster dpi while using shotgun, slower/medium using sniper, smg, rifle and AR. It's just a preference thing. I play with low sensativity and decent DPI, so shotgunning and some other weapons can be a hassle if I don't have it higher. But other times i prefer lower because of weapons. Also note that my mood and time of day effect how i play and feel as well, which matters for me as to what DPI setting I use.

(plus i use different settings for different games...)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 6/11/2020 at 10:27 AM, AlishaAzure said:

How can an anti-cheat give performance issues and all these errors? I've got noone of them, is fine for me.

I became curious since a few people on the forums said its BattleEye fault so i searched online and found no factual information for or against BattleEye causing lag

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I became curious since a few people on the forums said its BattleEye fault so i searched online and found no factual information for or against BattleEye causing lag

Battleye monitors the game. If the end user has an antivirus scanning running apps or checking accessed files it can cause issues.

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Indeed, idk why everyone just having problems.

3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Battleye monitors the game. If the end user has an antivirus scanning running apps or checking accessed files it can cause issues.

I have an antivirus always checking my files system.

Edited by AlishaAzure

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Indeed, idk why everyoen jsut having problems.

i have an antivirus always checking my files system.

It could also be the closet hackers themselves saying that BE is worse than EAC and that it causes lag, so they end up convincing everyone of that and go back to EAC, when in reality it is only that their cheats won't work with BE or probably will take some annoying time of programming a new one. I will only say that I bare witness to fewer players online these days after BE was installed, although the really blatant cheaters have already come back but they are few compared.

59 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

It could also be the closet hackers themselves saying that BE is worse than EAC and that it causes lag, so they end up convincing everyone of that and go back to EAC, when in reality it is only that their cheats won't work with BE or probably will take some annoying time of programming a new one. I will only say that I bare witness to fewer players online these days after BE was installed, although the really blatant cheaters have already come back but they are few compared.

Prob, who knows, only LO knows stats.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

I found no factual evidence that says BattleEye is the culprit.

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Indeed, idk why everyone just having problems.

I have no idea yet either so I am still looking into it.

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

I have an antivirus always checking my files system.

any good antivirus does.

I searched for any online games using BattleEye and lag but so far  its the same as here : no one knows for certain but a lot of assuming. I'm still trying to dig up info

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I found no factual evidence that says BattleEye is the culprit.

I have no idea yet either so I am still looking into it.

any good antivirus does.

I searched for any online games using BattleEye and lag but so far  its the same as here : no one knows for certain but a lot of assuming. I'm still trying to dig up info

Strange.

3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Strange.

every thread on any forums i have found about battleye lag has turned up the same scenarios so far : an update happened to some game and battleye was their anti cheat.

so far it only looks like assumptions on the OP of each thread , on each of the forums i read who blamed battleye. ( it sounded like a regular player saying its all battleyes fault each time i read each different forum)

I can not seem to find anything but speculation on whether it is battleye or not because both sides of any forum thread on those forums just do not know for sure.

I tried but I just cant seem to find any concrete evidence for or against lag being from battleye.

hackusations on APB have more concrete evidence shown for it sheesh

13 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I like to use faster dpi while using shotgun, slower/medium using sniper, smg, rifle and AR. It's just a preference thing. I play with low sensativity and decent DPI, so shotgunning and some other weapons can be a hassle if I don't have it higher. But other times i prefer lower because of weapons. Also note that my mood and time of day effect how i play and feel as well, which matters for me as to what DPI setting I use.

(plus i use different settings for different games...)

the X7 mouse has a button with a preset macro . other mice don't have it . how do you think it is natural to use it? I think not .

changing the DPI with each type of weapon will give you a Mega advantage . compared to other players . is it legal ? I think not .

each keyboard and mouse has a preset click time . is it possible to reduce the time of clicking ? YES. is it legal to do this ? I think not .

the only change that I think is possible is to reassign the buttons without changing the speed of pressing .

in the game, we compete with you in experience and skills, not in technical advantages .

Edited by yood