MattScott

Anti-cheat update

35 minutes ago, moxxichixx said:

So Matt, does that mean we will have a other unban wave, to let people who got banned, a other chance?

eac isnt busted like ff was, it just sounds like they can't get a part of it up and running, i doubt there will be a mass unban

its not like there was a mass unban from battleye to eac either

Yes , lets do mass unban again, eac is banning silvers as well, its not working at all.

1 hour ago, botter said:

is banning silvers

its not working

pick one

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

pick one

For someone in SPCT your cognitive abilities are weak. Its not working properly because its banning silvers. That;s why we should unban everyone and start again just like we did with fair fight 🙂 Everyone was happy about that.

What are the down sides?

16 minutes ago, botter said:

For someone in SPCT your cognitive abilities are weak. Its not working properly because its banning silvers. That;s why we should unban everyone and start again just like we did with fair fight 🙂 Everyone was happy about that.

What are the down sides?

who says silvers can’t cheat?

• Like 1

please never ever more unban. The unban from ff bans was the biggest mistake already from LO. Cheater destroy the fun for other players and kill the playerbase.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, botter said:

For someone in SPCT your cognitive abilities are weak.

You guys are mean.  😛

On 6/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We're going to be making a change to the anti-cheat soon, and I want to walk the community through it instead of brushing it under the rug.

I'll start with why we are no longer sticking with Easy Anti-Cheat.

When we negotiated the deal with Kamu (Epic Games), the service was supposed to be client and server side. The critical reason for moving was their management tools and the server side piece which we didn't get with BattlEye. However, we also agreed to pay more to get that. The client side integration was fairly smooth, but the server side integration hit immediate snags. We spent months trying different configurations with the networks to get them talking properly, and when that didn't work, both sides dedicated programming support to fix the issues. When it still didn't work, we started exploring other ways to possibly fix it, but Kamu said based on our concurrency we wouldn't like get good results anyway. More recently I was finally contacted by their head of development with the news that they could no longer justify the resources to finish the server side integration. So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. 

Clearly, we will need to keep evaluating server side solutions or build our own, because I have yet to see one that works well enough.

During my discussions with various providers, I also went back to BattlEye. Their solution has had some nice improvements since we left, so we're going to give that a try again.

Next I want to talk about the current cheating issues in APB.

While we do have some private cheats for EAC floating around, I will say that is still in the low single digit percentages for our entire population. However, we do have a problem right now with scripted triggerbots and aimbots. These are an entirely different category of cheat, because they are typically built with the hot key/mouse scripting systems. They are easy to spot, but they are easy to false positive. There are many legitimate uses for scripting systems, and players don't often realize they are enabled by default when they enter the game. 

With all of that in mind, once we switch to BattlEye we are going to start taking measures against the systems that these cheats are written in. This may be a little bumpy, and I guarantee some players will not read the forums and find themselves very frustrated. But I am taking this step to let all of you to know in advance, that you need to disable your macros and hot key / mouse scripting systems.

Anti-cheat will always a work in progress.

We will continue to iterate on this.

We need a level playing field for players to have fun.

Thanks,

Matt

Respect we need an anticheat well done matt

• Thanks 2

Mass unban needed. 

This will be a great way to raise online at the expense of old players, and those who use cheats will be banned again.

I want to return to the game, Matt must give one last chance 😘

...аnd then maybe I'll change the icon to Matt's portrait! 😃

Edited by Demonhead666
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demonhead666 said:

Mass unban needed. 

This will be a great way to raise online at the expense of old players, and those who use cheats will be banned again.

you kidding us or?

• Like 1

Will this have any effect on individuals like me who shoot with the mouse wheel? Which increases rate of fire for my pistol or semis. 

1 hour ago, Nick093 said:

Will this have any effect on individuals like me who shoot with the mouse wheel? Which increases rate of fire for my pistol or semis. 

It does not increase the rate of fire. Nothing can let you exceed the max RoF.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Demonhead666 said:

Mass unban needed. 

Not again.

i love this game but are infected of hackers , is imposible play 3 consecutive missions without 1 hacker minimun , and i have years waithing for antihack , VERRY THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNXXXXXXXXXXX mat and the all apb staff for update anticheat , now new players not more uninstall game for the hackers 

• Like 2

keep waiting because we had BE before and failed to deliver..

45 minutes ago, DavidHemi said:

i love this game but are infected of hackers , is imposible play 3 consecutive missions without 1 hacker minimun , and i have years waithing for antihack , VERRY THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNXXXXXXXXXXX mat and the all apb staff for update anticheat , now new players not more uninstall game for the hackers 

keep waiting because we had BE before and failed to deliver..

On 6/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, botter said:

What are the down sides?

So silvers re innocent just because they are silvers?

nice name by the way  🙄   , and no we do not need an unban wave.

13 hours ago, Demonhead666 said:

Mass unban needed. 

why? give reasons

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

EAC is still operative with BE ?

Changed anti-cheat from EAC to BE what means?

The answer is no btw.

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Changed anti-cheat from EAC to BE what means?

The answer is no btw.

i still see EAC activation running.
Plus i canT disable it.

On 6/9/2020 at 5:34 PM, Demonhead666 said:

Mass unban needed. 

everyone was unban and that was the second chance? did they not learn from their pass experience. NO, seems like cheaters cheat again and again. soo noo more chances unless there was a fault EAC work perfectly. If u cheated u deserved to be banned.

Edited by Grimthanez
  • Like 2

Good work, sorry for my english, 

I hope this.

Just now, Queen of Love said:

6 minutes of mission, freeze and client crash.
>,,</

Oh same, and after that my launcher is not working anymore. My weapon trial is being wasted...feelsbad.

Edited by Artorius_

after unban cheaters pop droped a lot.... im you should still use FF to check reported players. It actually banned a lot of cheaters that are now playing and still cheat...

Im playing right now and what i can say. NOBODY runs or kill me with .45 how before. they all suck with it. I had not think that it was so bad. The hacks and macro user was much more then i had ever think. To day the game and it makes fun is easy and i have see some people who use alltime the .45 and was op with it now playing with nano 😮 😮😮.  Now i can see who was Legit and who not good for me to know. THANK LO

• Like 2