MattScott

Anti-cheat update

9 hours ago, SynRapture said:

I have no issue up to m5

Just out of curiosity... what mouse do you have and what are you binding to m6 and above?

i have a corsair scimitar with push2talk, change weapon, grenade, shoulder swap, walk, and probably something else i’m forgetting 

9 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Haha, very funny xD xD xD xD xD.

pathetic.

Yeah its funny how they are going back to a anti cheat that was bypassed instant it was released.

Cringe.

2 hours ago, 404 said:

i have a corsair scimitar with push2talk, change weapon, grenade, shoulder swap, walk, and probably something else i’m forgetting 

I have the same but with my Roccat mouse. As with simular AC systems they'll detect macros and not hotkeys.

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

How long till the only viable anti cheat system is Turning apb into a pc streaming service?

3 minutes ago, henjey said:

I would call it anti-cheat downgrade

Which it is, objectively.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

Which it is, objectively.

With the current anti-cheat, there are practically no cheaters in the game, since after the ban the player cannot log in, because  receives  hwid ban too fast. 

And after updating to new BE, somewhere in a month the situation will be the same as it was before the EAC, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, henjey said:

With the current anti-cheat, there are practically no cheaters in the game, since after the ban the player cannot log in, because  receives  hwid ban too fast.

What is this? Comedy Central?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henjey said:

With the current anti-cheat, there are practically no cheaters in the game

I also don't see much when I play.Why not FACEIT..not only client and server side anticheat but can also be used for matchmaking and tournaments.Back to BE is nonsense

https://www.faceit.com

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henjey said:

since after the ban the player cannot log in, because  receives  hwid ban too fast

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I wonder where did you get your information?

10 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Besides triggerbots, macros for APB only do what a player can achieve by pulling down and tap firing. If it makes the weapon OP, it's the weapon that needs to be looked into.

by that logic a triggerbot is only doing what a player can accomplish by clicking, and an aimbot is only doing what a player can accomplish by aiming better - the advantage of perfect recoil/spread management with the push of a button is not something that can be duplicated by just "pulling down"

and you don't balance weapons around what cheats can accomplish, that's a terrible idea

• Like 1

It's bs, hwid can be bypassed very easely and you don't even need a subscription based hack for it.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:13 PM, Latsha said:

all cool but i somehow doubt this will stop salty "mediocre players" from whispering "stop macro noob" and other hackusations anyways,
i'm clean anyways so this doesn't touch me in any way (at least from what I know now)

bro what is this clown comment bro who would even hackusate u in their right mind

On 6/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, cheater said:

bro what is this clown comment bro who would even hackusate u in their right mind

send me your ign so i can just laugh at your dumb very clever arse :)))
i assume you got mad after a loss or something? must've been long ago, those tears probably dried out and the only thing left was salt

Edited by Latsha

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us would prefer to keep EAC, so it's a bit sad of course.

On the other hand EAC is the only one that ever gave me an incorrect ban, but I'd still like to keep it because APB has never had this low amount of cheaters.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

Its good that LO do new Anticheat. And she should start to ban Cheaters without mercy. All Legit Player want see Lifetime Bans for this hacker trash.

Cheaters are bad for the game (every game) and pure toxic.

When we lost many players. ( The Hacker Players who anyway never pay for  the game when she start cheating )   The players who real love apb will stay and have more fun in the game thats will make new player comes from alone.  

Special to see cheating people in high rank is not right!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cr0 said:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us would prefer to keep EAC, so it's a bit sad of course.

On the other hand EAC is the only one that ever gave me an incorrect ban, but I'd still like to keep it because APB has never had this low amount of cheaters.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was also banned with EAC and was not using an aimbot, esp, wallhack or triggerbot. I was using macro and playclaw overlay for crosshair.

since then i removed all keyboard and mouse software and replaced my mouse and keyboard and i dont use any type of overlay. I was not aware that they would ban for macros but they did in 1 of the early eac waves as a couple people i know also were banned for macroing obeya/fbw. others using the bloody mouse hardware macros werent though

4 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i was also banned with EAC and was not using an aimbot, esp, wallhack or triggerbot. I was using macro and playclaw overlay for crosshair.

Wiki definition quote:

'Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier.'

Cheating includes more then just aimbot/esp/wallhack//triggerbot and I really hope the new AC will pick that up so macros and overlays will be a thing of the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cheater said:

I thought the same probably some r30 silvers.

2 hours ago, Spy said:

overlays

crosshair overlays are officially allowed as long as they don’t interfere with game files

10 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

since then i removed all keyboard and mouse software and replaced my mouse and keyboard and i dont use any type of overlay. I was not aware that they would ban for macros but they did in 1 of the early eac waves as a couple people i know also were banned for macroing obeya/fbw. others using the bloody mouse hardware macros werent though

Do the bans say "macro use" or is this just what you guys are saying?

As was already mentioned crosshairs are fine. I used to use playclaw, now use HudSight.

11 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

EAC does one check of your ban if you contact them. In their answer they don't tell you what the ban was for exactly (as it should be) and then they never reply to you again. So at that point all you can do is guess. So... those guys you talk of don't actually know for sure that it was for what they claim.

Edited by Cr0

5 hours ago, 404 said:

crosshair overlays are officially allowed as long as they don’t interfere with game files

And that doesn't change the defenition of a cheat, not all ppl who play apb read forums and just play with a vanilla installed game asuming that they did the right thing.

Edited by Spy

9 minutes ago, Spy said:

And that doesn't change the defenition of a cheat

You don't get to define what a cheat is, LO does.

• Like 1