Hikoto

Extend Premium till Matchmaking Fix/Engine Update

I suggest to extend the duration of the Free premium till the engine update comes out Matchmaking gets fixed!

Why?

-Matchmaking is litteraly unplayable for new players and premium gives them enough exp to level up even with many looses

-Players can enjoy the game more till these horrible matchmaking days are over and the game is way more playable!

-When the new engine is out player costumizations look better? then lets give all the players the chance to create one cool outfit without

the boring limitations!

-You give players a reason to stay till the engine update and this is really important because then the can invite way more peoples to the game!

Why not?

One reason you dont wanna do this would be that you guys want them to spend closely 10 dollars a month for a normal exp gain..

Just a quick suggestion about premium itself:

Dont let APB die and be a p2w game like the old devs did this game got an horrible reputation for its weapons and premium stuff

if you want to be honest with ur peoples then start with giving every player with not ingame money a fair chance to be as fast as others.

Premium is in its own core an p2w merchanic because it allows payers to progress even faster than others! I think Joker boxes are okay

and Kits and Vanity items but p2w weapons? a premium where everybody who spends nearly 10dollars a month gets more money exp and

more costumization than others?! thats no good for an honest game guys!

You could think about adding more vanity items and skins to the game or car kits that would be cool! (and no more p2w stuff)

Would be cool if some higher up devs reads this and thinks about it and not just let it stand there

Thanks for reading, 

Hikoto

• Like 1

Agreed, players level up way too slow with their contacts without premium. It's just a real drag and takes the fun out of the game. That's actually the reason I stopped playing APB in the first place. After i heard about the free premium i started to play again with a new account. It was way more fun seeing that you have real progress with your contacts. Back then i took weeks to max level one contact, and that took the whole fun out of the game. I think I speak for the whole community when i say premium should be a norm and the actual rank premium should be removed as a whole.

Again I Agree on your pay to win point. If you don't put money into the game, you lose. And thats a fact. Yes, you can grind for the free counterparts, but the way to get there is way to long. If you fix the matchmaking atleast this will be a lesser problem. 

Pay to win killed this game. Don't make the same mistake while trying to revieve it. 

• Like 1

The time it takes for the average person without premium to hit 255 is about the same time it takes the average person to hit prestige 10 in the older CoD games. That seems like a pretty nice spot to me. Premium just speeds that up.

12 hours ago, ObitoNohara said:

Again I Agree on your pay to win point. If you don't put money into the game, you lose. And thats a fact. Yes, you can grind for the free counterparts, but the way to get there is way to long. If you fix the matchmaking atleast this will be a lesser problem. 

Pay to win killed this game. Don't make the same mistake while trying to revieve it. 

What? You get all the best weapons within 5-20 hours of playing. APB doesn't have any pay2win. If it did I would have 100% win rate with how much I've spent.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What? You get all the best weapons within 5-20 hours of playing. APB doesn't have any pay2win. If it did I would have 100% win rate with how much I've spent.

takes time to get proper modded/moddable variants is probably what he meant. 

• Like 1

Matt already said they've decided to finally put progression up in the priority list after the engine upgrade. Modification rank requirements and weapon unlocks are more than likely to be changed since they give direct advantage over new players. Skill and game knowledge should be the only inherent advantages, not equipment unlocks through playtime/payments, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

• Like 3

You have 30 days free premium, that's not enough? 
Get a job.

Edited by Byona

2 hours ago, Byona said:

You have 30 days free premium, that's not enough? 
Get a job.

Did you... did you even read the post? The problem is that pay to win is way to strong in this game. You can't just say "GeT a JoB". We want the game to be fair to free to play player AND people who want to put money in it. Pay to win killed this game. If you want to play p2w then okay but this game won't get better playercount. I put enough money in the game, and i still want the f2p mechanics to be fair opposed to p2w. If it stays the way it is, I promise you after the free month premium people will lose interesst in APB again. Little Orbit has to clean up for the stuff gamers one did wrong.

Merged.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

90% of the meta weapons are free weapons you can easily and quickly obtain.

Well thats not really true. If a skilled player has a Ursus and play against a skilled player with a lets say the Vanilla N-TEC 5, the Ursus player is obviously going to win. And a matchup like that is not very uncommon. There is almost nothing you can do as a free to play player against a well positionated Medusa. And i've seen enough games "LVL 255 Ursus against LVL 13 Star 556".

1 hour ago, ObitoNohara said:

Did you... did you even read the post? The problem is that pay to win is way to strong in this game. You can't just say "GeT a JoB". We want the game to be fair to free to play player AND people who want to put money in it. Pay to win killed this game. If you want to play p2w then okay but this game won't get better playercount. I put enough money in the game, and i still want the f2p mechanics to be fair opposed to p2w. If it stays the way it is, I promise you after the free month premium people will lose interesst in APB again. Little Orbit has to clean up for the stuff gamers one did wrong.

Again with this p2w situation... you don't even know what p2w meaning is.

Why am i even caring about this topic?

bb.

1 hour ago, ObitoNohara said:

Well thats not really true. If a skilled player has a Ursus and play against a skilled player with a lets say the Vanilla N-TEC 5, the 

What. No. That is completely wrong. 

Also what is even p2w in APB? Cause an ursus certainly isn't.

55 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

bb.

If you mean you can progress without paying... yes you. But it's a pain in the patootie to do so. You ain't winning games without either a carry lvl 255 or a paid weapone. Yes, you can win with Vanilla weapones, but you can't denie that a Dog ear is stronger than a Obeya of example. The game don't have a paywall or anything alike, but it's still damn frustrating to lose to the same people over and over again because you're just defenseless against them. I myself actually didn't realise that problem before I made a new account aswell. 

tl;dr: You can play this game for free, but it sure as hell isn't fun playing against people with paid weapone advantage. 

Merged.

40 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What. No. That is completely wrong. 

Also what is even p2w in APB? Cause an ursus certainly isn't.

I mean yeah, you can get a Ursus in the auction house... for like 1,5 Million whitch you earn by doing missions for hours... and play against people who... well... have an Ursus. And Medusas. And Dog Ears. You see the problem, right? 

I mean you could alternativly just hijack stores for hours on end, but idk if you think thats fun. I certanly think it's not.

1 minute ago, ObitoNohara said:

I mean yeah, you can get a Ursus in the auction house... for like 1,5 Million whitch you earn by doing missions for hours... and play against people who... well... have an Ursus. And Medusas. And Dog Ears. You see the problem, right? 

I mean you could alternativly just hijack stores for hours on end, but idk if you think thats fun. I certanly think it's not.

Ursus isn't p2w. It's a pretty decently balanced weapon. Medusa is not p2w. Dog ears are more cheesey feeling than actual p2w.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Ursus isn't p2w. It's a pretty decently balanced weapon. Medusa is not p2w. Dog ears are more cheesey feeling than actual p2w.

If they are really "pretty decently balanced weapons" why are they on such high demand in every server you go? In Social people ask for a Ursus ATLEAST every 2 minutes. Why aren't the other equally balanced weapones so highly demanded? 

Please just take the time with a friend and give him ANY other Vanilla rifle without mods. Then take the Ursus and fight. I bet you if you two are equally skilled you will win most firefights. 

2 minutes ago, ObitoNohara said:

If they are really "pretty decently balanced weapons" why are they on such high demand in every server you go? In Social people ask for a Ursus ATLEAST every 2 minutes. Why aren't the other equally balanced weapones so highly demanded? 

Please just take the time with a friend and give him ANY other Vanilla rifle without mods. Then take the Ursus and fight. I bet you if you two are equally skilled you will win most firefights. 

Did similar 3 weeks ago.

Crim alt account I was leveling. Played some with N-tec. Played some with Ursus. Did worse with Ursus.

They are also in such high demand cause they are one of the only worthwhile legendaries. Most legendaries are a waste of money unless you have money to sink.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Did similar 3 weeks ago.

Crim alt account I was leveling. Played some with N-tec. Played some with Ursus. Did worse with Ursus.

That's not simular. Take the enemies for consideration. Probably you just had better luck with the enemies while playing N-Tec. Maybe wores teammates while playing Ursus. You have to take two people with the ssame skill level and put them together. I did that. Guess what. I did worse playing N-Tec and Star. As soon as we switched weapons tho I became unstoppable. I just really want this paid bs to end.

EXTEND PREMIUM TILL MATCHMAKING FIX/ENGINE UPDATE

I mean, to be completely sincere with you, I'd rather enjoy that service for free when the game is ''more'' enjoyable than now.

3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

bb.

p2w has many meanings, buying progess is one of those meaning and in APB you can buy progress and endgame weapons

Merged.

“Pay to win” essentially means that you can progress further, faster, through a game or win more often or more quickly by spending real-world money on various things relating to a game's monetization system.

for everybody saying "APB iS NoT PaYtoWin" here is the DEFINITION of pay to win

now tell me that we understand p2w wrong.

besides i think i just found the problem here. most players leave because of premium and this buy stuff but tryhards who pay money into the game most likely protect the paid content with bad arguments like

"just get a job" which sounds just stupid to me.

This is just funny because peoples who try to protect a system like this are likely to destroy their own fav game 😕

btw did you ever see an p2w game be big or loved by any peoples? now look at CS:GO look at RocketLeague Valorant League of Legends all games which are VERY popular you know what they dont have?

exactly pay2win.

Okay, now lets look at CoD you guys know when the game started to flop really bad? ^^ when devs decided to put thousands of DLC´s and lootboxes in! and there are many other examples.

The majority of peoples will NOT play a game where you can progess 2x faster with a paid subscription and where you need to paid for making ur game more playable!

I can tell ya what players do when they see games being like this. they leave. Look at the steam reviews look at all the players who leaved the game and ask them why! 90% will tell you because that game

was so much p2w and that premium stuff leeched all their fun.

And still some of you tell me Premium is okay? These weapons are good? seriously when you stay like this than you can play the game alone someday with only payers because noone will stay with things like this like the rest of the community that quit the game.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hikoto said:

snip

There's no pay2win in apb, there's pay2unlock-earlier, and that's a good way to monetize things without destroying game balance. I'd only argue that things should be easier and faster to unlock, but that's it.

People aren't leaving because they don't wanna buy premium or because the game is p2w, they are leaving because the game has been stale in terms of content for years, matchmaking is atrocious because it makes people who have no equipment and no game knowledge match against people who have played hundreds/thousands of hours.

Edited by swft

5 hours ago, ObitoNohara said:

Merged.

Well thats not really true. If a skilled player has a Ursus and play against a skilled player with a lets say the Vanilla N-TEC 5, the Ursus player is obviously going to win. And a matchup like that is not very uncommon. There is almost nothing you can do as a free to play player against a well positionated Medusa. And i've seen enough games "LVL 255 Ursus against LVL 13 Star 556".

So premium is p2w? XD
You have no idea what's mean p2w. There is a lot of free weapons, like n-tec with 2 slots, and that's really enough to win 

i litteraly wrote the DEFINITION of p2w in my argument lol

3 minutes ago, Byona said:

There is a lot of free weapons, like n-tec with 2 slots, and that's really enough to win 

"that is enogh to win" you litteraly agreed that a premium weapon is better than a free one xD

Think about what you say before you write hypocrit stuff like this - thanks

Nah. Wich premium weapon is better than others?

Edited by Byona

4 minutes ago, Byona said:

Nah. Wich premium weapon is better than others?

a good example would be the Star old glory which is very similar to the Star LCR Pr1 and Pr2 but now the funny part comes, the Pr2 got removed and the old Glory is litteraly an upgrade to the free counterpart the Star LCR Pr1 

Or just compare the "Dog Ear" to their Obeya counterparts

Just aside from that you can buy an premium rocket launcher level up to demo rank 3 and get an OPGL and an OSMAW from there instea of leveling ur contacts up in order to get those weapons

Quick note: I know that you can still beat those enemys with skills but still they have an advantage and thats the fact ((once again p2w also means progressing faster with money))

Btw, the argument "You can still beat them with skill" is very controversial. For example; If someone wallhacks you too can say "Yeah, but you can beat a wallhacker with skill". It's a true statement, but you wouldn't agree to it, would you now? And that payed weapones are statisticly better shouldn't be at question, I like the Dog Ear vs Obeya example. The Obeya can win, but the Dog Ear is CLEARLY more likely to win.

Why is it always those that have hardly played the game that always think they know the most.

• Like 1

this is honestly something i can't support, even when i am drunk

a lot of misinformation around here and this is generally just a huge mess

8 hours ago, Hikoto said:

“Pay to win” essentially means that you can progress further, faster, through a game or win more often or more quickly by spending real-world money on various things relating to a game's monetization system.

Actuality the term pay-to-win is one of those things that evolves and changes based on context. Were APB a game where you won by ranking up, anything that improved your chances of doing so, it would be argued that it is pay to win.

Pay to win was a term invented to distinguish an old trait that existed on early mmorpgs, free ones, that often would have various items that would aid the player were he one to support the game and keep the lights on for the devs. 
It "used" to make sense, because back then, nobody would think of buying a cosmetic item for money, so the developers of these old games were afraid nobody would buy them.

It became a problem when the bridge between good and bad players, would come down to how much money you had, entirely defeating the point of a F2P game and leading to everyone eventually leave in droves and "paid players" remaining alone in a deserted game till they eventually left. (hence the term, pay to win, you were essentially buying your way to victory)

Common issues that existed with pay to win tho, are sort of being replicated again, because most companies idolize this cannibalizing monetizing "solution" as ideal without actuality knowing why it was abandoned in the first place, spoiler alert: it wasn't because it came from the goodness of their hearts.
Some of them, unfortunately, are smart enough to make P4C, which is basically P2W without the downsides, other than annoying the shit out of you, just like in old nagging "your free trial has ended" messages.

I genuinely did play a lot of these shitty games, so i would know, but here are some sources in case you still want to make up more vapor from nothing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

APB has got a lot of issues alright, but thankfully, pay to win isn't one. 

i have 4 chars 2 of them max level ive playd in 2015/2017 and now 2020 i have experience

• Thanks 1