Snubnose

APB real life ads incoming

Definitely a good move from LO, maximizing this game’s future. Hopefully the ads themselves don’t cause any new performance issues or take away from the feel of the game which some players really care about.

• Like 5

Real-ads on TVs and buildings? I can't wait. Would be something to have cabs carry ads as well. Welcome to pre-Neo-Tokyo city!

inb4 those who rage 24/7 will start a trend: "those Bronzes and Silvers are too distracted by ads"

good catch . there are never many ads for a good product .

ADVERTISING THE PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE OF COMMERCE BENEFITS PEOPLE DESPITE ITS CRITICISM . VARIETY OF ADVERTISING ENGINES ACTIVELY DEVELOP TRADE. DIVERSITY IN OUTDOOR ADVERTISING ALONG WITH TRADE. 
TRADING DEPENDS ON HOW SELLERS USE ADVERTISING .

inb4 you start seeing the chair you googled 10 minutes ago in-game monkaS

sounds cool otherwise

this is only one of the many things showin the potential this game have..

• Like 1

This is really great news, I am hoping that it helps Little Orbit to gain more revenue and APB to grow.
Would be nice to see partnerships with other companies later on too, like League Of Legends did with Louis Vuitton.

• Like 1

I saw this last night and I'm not entirely on board based on what it sounds like and looks like in other games shown on the Anzu website. I fear that it will ruin APB's lore/world to an extent, as it will most likely replace many of its fictional companies/adverts which takes away from a game's world (unless its some racing game of course). I'm not even educated much on the APB lore and I still feel that way. But it is a "revenue that doesn’t come from the gamer’s pockets" so thats a good thing. I am curious to see how they go about doing this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like I said on reddit.

I'm not happy with this at all. The in game adverts are a huge part of APB's world building and aesthethic. To add real life ads in to that is to go against part of what makes APB. I was already opposed to G1 advertising their other games in APB like Airmech (even though I loved airmech). 

• Like 2

it might suck for immersion but little orbit going bankrupt and shutting down apb would suck even harder for immersion, so i can't say i'm that upset about it

• Like 5

Better than making money through lockboxes.

• Like 4

Emersion goes out the window though.

Hope the money's enough to support apb, is this real?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

10 million players btw

all those RAF accounts had to be useful for something :^)

Putting up ads like this is something that has to be approached with a silk touch.

Considering some people already consider it a loss of immersion and lore.

I honestly think it's a great idea if executed properly.

It would be great for everyone to have ads blend in with the rest of the world and the universe, but if it's something completely out of place, it'll be a big minus for the game.

I'd also suggest to not replace every billboard with ads, and only have a select amount of billboards throughout the maps renew ads after x amount of weeks. This keeps some of the immersion while allowing new ads to come in and reach players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Putting up ads like this is something that has to be approached with a silk touch.

Considering some people already consider it a loss of immersion and lore.

I honestly think it's a great idea if executed properly.

It would be great for everyone to have ads blend in with the rest of the world and the universe, but if it's something completely out of place, it'll be a big minus for the game.

I'd also suggest to not replace every billboard with ads, and only have a select amount of billboards throughout the maps renew ads after x amount of weeks. This keeps some of the immersion while allowing new ads to come in and reach players. 

Do people actually look at billboards while playing? not the player graffiti ones, but the ones that will be replaced by real ads.

I've got over 5k hours in APB, and I don't think I can tell you what is on any billboard anywhere.

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Do people actually look at billboards while playing? not the player graffiti ones, but the ones that will be replaced by real ads.

I've got over 5k hours in APB, and I don't think I can tell you what is on any billboard anywhere.

Considering some certain people in both this thread and the thread on reddit pull the immersion card, probably.

It could be a plus for those who bother, if executed properly.

As with everything else in this playerbase, if half-assed, it just gives the goons here another barrel to kick against.

4 hours ago, Haganu said:

the immersion card

Ahh that's where they lose me then. I find no immersion in any kind of "world" since APB's lore is well, for lack of a better term, "cringe".

For me, APB is just a bunch of PvP matches that for some reason all take place on the same map at the same time, and instead of a lobby between matches, you drive cars around at speeds of up to 51mph.

All the "world" of APB does is make the game perform like doo doo.

Yes, I said it, the things that make APB unique are the very things holding the game back.

(all only my opinion of course, positive reacts only plz)

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Personally i think this is a great idea, i hope it goes well.

Better this than jokerboxes.

• Like 2

Taking that APB got little to no advertising in overall internet I assume it's only good move.

Sudden increase in playerbase might cover toxic part of it and bring this people which abandoned this game under G1 reign.

I just fear for one thing. If there will be increase in playerbase... is LO prepared to take new players on servers?

Edited by Mitne
Nvm, didn't felt like reading

Cool, Just hope they leave some actual lore ones intact like the big screens on some of the buildings like the Effigy ads and stuff.  Replace all the Growl billboards please.

• Like 1