Zealocke

N-TEC : Should it be NERFED?

N-TEC : Should we NERF it?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should LO make changes to the N-TEC?

• Yes, it should be nerfed/balanced
    • No, the other ARs should be balanced instead
    • No, Everything should stay as it is

Nah its fine as it is....why not make a poll for "buff the guns people never use" like the misery, oblivion, strife...u know?

21 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Nah its fine as it is....why not make a poll for "buff the guns people never use" like the misery, oblivion, strife...u know?

ill actually get to that

3 hours ago, Zealocke said:

ill actually get to that

if you think about it. the most used guns are the ntec(cr5), the joker carbine(or stac 10) and the hvr. Some use the atac, obir and obeya but overall those are the 3 main guns they use. so i guess by nerfing the ntec u gotta buff the other useless guns u know...so we can get the feeling that any gun can be used in certain situations

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kempington said:

If you know what you're doing, the n-tec is rather potent.

Yes, it IS better than every other AR, but not necessarily by a massive amount.

Furthermore, the n-tec has plenty of slight weaknesses that can be exploited to get you the upper hand.

I'll list examples if people want them

Yes please do. Maybe then I will be able to stop getting shat on by that gun.

ntec has been nerfed so much it needs a buff

7 hours ago, Kempington said:

OSCAR has a great matchup against it at almost any range within its effective range due to being more mobile. You'd be surprised how effective it is at fending off 30m ntecs.

Obeya CR762 has a solid matchup against it as well, just not closer then I'd say 25m

ISSR-B can take an n-tec on pretty favourably due to less time peeking to get more damage down range. It'll suffer like the obeya does closer than 25m, but again, the midrange fight is where people want alternatives.

Practically any good CQC weapon gives the n-tec a hard time.

Again like others have said, the defining role for the n-tec is its versatility. It can fight ANYTHING up to roughly 65m away and gives you something for most fights. It can be pushed to do really well in the right hands, but those same hands with the weapons described above will have favourable matchups against it. Play accordingly.

I agree with you Kemp, not to mention jumpshotting with the Dog Ear and HS3 is extremely accurate.

Most ntec users I fought against while using the dog ear allowed me to not only be able to jumpshot people to provide me prior damage to an actual fight, but I'm also able to provide significant hard damage, which is honestly very favorable varying from mission to mission.

Well my vote is for reverting the ntec to prebalance changes and seeing how it is with other guns that were changed. Then work on making other assault rifles stronger so they have a reason to be used.

Edited by RespectThis

1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Well my vote is for reverting the ntec to prebalance changes and seeing how it is with other guns that were changed. Then work on making other assault rifles stronger so they have a reason to be used.

and what changes did they did on that prebalance?

Edited by Zealocke

1 hour ago, Zealocke said:

and what changes did they did on that prebalance?

In regards to the ntec? Made it bloom after the 4th shot is much greater to slow down tapfiring and lowered the ntec damage to negate the 6 stk with heavy barrel 2. 

Edited by RespectThis

Just now, RespectThis said:

In regards to the ntec? Made it bloom after the 4th shot is much greater to slow down tapfiring. and lowered the ntec damage to negate the 6 stk with heavy barrel 2. 

honestly im fine with the heavy barrel change, but im all for removing the unnecessary curve mechanics from apb

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

honestly im fine with the heavy barrel change, but im all for removing the unnecessary curve mechanics from apb

As i said before the heavy barrel change is fine. I do think there should be a penalty for less bloom. As for the tap firing of the ntec i do think it should be reverted. I'm not sure why you'd penalize the tap firing of the gun. You're intentionally tap firing for increased accuracy. I've never thought that it was a good idea to add what i refer to as gimmick mechanics to guns that were in the base game. While other guns such as the oden and killer bee have these gimmick playstyles on it. Gimmick things should be with guns on armas imo. Just my take on it.

In short I really do feel the ntec bloom should be reverted back.

Edited by RespectThis