Zealocke

N-TEC : Should it be NERFED?

N-TEC : Should we NERF it?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should LO make changes to the N-TEC?

• Yes, it should be nerfed/balanced
    • No, the other ARs should be balanced instead
    • No, Everything should stay as it is

The N-tec is far too versatile in my opinion as you can effectively use it in any situation and have a reasonable chance of winning your fight even against Shotguns in close-range.

I think the N-tec on range is fine as it is but there needs to be a bigger penalty in close range, I'd love to see them make it less accurate while jumping and penalize spray with it far more since even with IR3 the gun will melt people in close range while just spraying.

6 hours ago, Genobee said:

I don't mean to be that guy but the 'Scepter' is an alternate model Scoped N-TEC. Same stats and all that.

Exactly Scoped. It is a bit different if you ever played with it. But I mean, there is nothing wrong about playing with N-tec

I find it very ironic seeing a thread comprised of how the ntec is considered as too strong when things like the RFP-Fang exist.

The irony is extremely strong in this one. 

Not to mention the NTEC is available to all players, pretty sure the Fang is only available via Armas. (quote me if I'm wrong, I will more than happily change what I said)

1 hour ago, Lucidy said:

I find it very ironic seeing a thread comprised of how the ntec is considered as too strong when things like the RFP-Fang exist.

The irony is extremely strong in this one. 

Not to mention the NTEC is available to all players, pretty sure the Fang is only available via Armas. (quote me if I'm wrong, I will more than happily change what I said)

Actually thats where i want to get to... but i want to know the opinion of as much people as possible.

Ill wait till this post gets old by the day. Then i would like to propose a solution. You guys would probably like it :).

Edited by Zealocke

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

For like, 1 mission until you get used to the accuracy behaviour when tapping.

After that it's just a spray and pray kind of weapon, I really don't see where it belongs much skill at all.

VZo3Ma3.gif

I voted "No, Everything should stay as it is"  but I do believe the old ntec mechanic was better. Don't mind the current one either way.

They could drop the mag cap to 30 but pls don't touch laser gun otherwise.

NTEC feels right most of the time. Sometimes people just end up with lucky shots making it look unrealistic.

Based on the OP's join date I would have thought they knew it was nerfed already? Honestly they should roll it back and keep the other current weapon changes and see how it goes. Much better to buff things than it is to nerf stuff. Also nerfing the ntec again will just promote even more rushing in a car with oca, pmg, and carbine. No thanks.

7 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Based on the OP's join date I would have thought they knew it was nerfed already? Honestly they should roll it back and keep the other current weapon changes and see how it goes. Much better to buff things than it is to nerf stuff. Also nerfing the ntec again will just promote even more rushing in a car with oca, pmg, and carbine. No thanks. 

I'd love to see some rollbacks for weapon changes. It feels like since about 2014 the way balancing worked was G1 would buff or release a weapon which was overpowered, and then in the patch in which they'd nerf it they would change a load of other weapons for no real reason.

9 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I'd love to see some rollbacks for weapon changes. It feels like since about 2014 the way balancing worked was G1 would buff or release a weapon which was overpowered, and then in the patch in which they'd nerf it they would change a load of other weapons for no real reason.

Ya. Rolling back just about everything and seeing how things go i think would be the best approach. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me but thats fine. Things like the "hvr nerf" didnt do anything. Then there are things like nerfing the oblivion's movement speed. Why is that even something that need to be adjusted? They buffed the RFP and now its used by almost every player. Yet people don't complain it needs to be nerfed? I've never really understood how people are enjoying the current balancing and why they complain/complained about the ntec and not the current RFP.

Edited by RespectThis

If you know what you're doing, the n-tec is rather potent.

Yes, it IS better than every other AR, but not necessarily by a massive amount.

Furthermore, the n-tec has plenty of slight weaknesses that can be exploited to get you the upper hand.

I'll list examples if people want them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RespectThis said:

Ya. Rolling back just about everything and seeing how things go i think would be the best approach. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me but thats fine. Things like the "hvr nerf" didnt do anything. Then there are things like nerfing the oblivion's movement speed. Why is that even something that need to be adjusted? The buffed the RFP and now its used by almost every player. I've never really understood how people are enjoying the current balancing over the old but thats just me. 

I'll never forget my complete surprise when they just buffed the ATAC out of nowhere. Then did the same thing to the OCA (Which is still in dire need of toning down). 

Just now, Kempington said:

It's more that every AR is worse than the N-tec. So many of them fail to fufill the basic point of an AR which is to be versatile.

1 minute ago, Kempington said:

Not a massive amount? Misery and Cobra would like to have a word with you.

The big problem with this entire thread is the fact that people are wanting it nerfed. Why are we trying to nerf the ntec? To make other assault rifles viable? To increase other assault rifle pick rates? All you're doing by nerfing the ntec is making people change to carbine, obeya, nssw, oca. Literally every other weapon category. The reason people enjoy using the ntec is because it truly feels like an assault rifle. Why does the atac stand out from the ntec? Because its an assault rifle with a specific purpose. Its cqc heavy for the most part. Which is why people pick it. You shouldn't be nerfing the ntec. You should be making these other assault rifles have unique/different playstyles to them that make them appealing. Obviously people (like myself) enjoy the ntec because its a well rounded AR. That allows you to beat people in close and long range fights if you're putting the time into using the gun. Just because its an all around gun doesn't make the gun broken. Just because its used alot doesn't mean its broken either. Also i do think they need to roll back the balancing changes because the statistics they used were from fight club and tbh i don't think thats a very good way to determine weapon pick rate/balance changes. You're taking what 5% of a map and using that to balance weapons. You should be taking the main districts of the games and balancing them though that.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Thanks 1

Instead of nerfing the NTEC I'd rather see competing ARs get slightly buffed. A gun like the STAR is also very capable, just slightly less than the NTEC. If the STAR can be buffed just slightly enough to be on-par with the NTEC you have 2 versatile ARs to cover most of the situations about equally.

The Misery is a terrible gun and the Cobra could really use a significant buff.

The Cobra deserves to be buffed within the niche it's in (or supposed to be in).

And the Misery could for a start get a niche where it could compete with other guns in.

The ATAC is fine the way it is.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

The big problem with this entire thread is the fact that people are wanting it nerfed. Why are we trying to nerf the ntec? To make other assault rifles viable? To increase other assault rifle pick rates? All you're doing by nerfing the ntec is making people change to carbine, obeya, nssw, oca. Literally every other weapon category. The reason people enjoy using the ntec is because it truly feels like an assault rifle. Why does the atac stand out from the ntec? Because its an assault rifle with a specific purpose. Its cqc heavy for the most part. Which is why people pick it. You shouldn't be nerfing the ntec. You should be making these other assault rifles have unique/different playstyles to them that make them appealing. Obviously people (like myself) enjoy the ntec because its a well rounded AR. That allows you to beat people in close and long range fights if you're putting the time into using the gun. Just because its an all around gun doesn't make the gun broken. Just because its used alot doesn't mean its broken either. Also i do think they need to roll back the balancing changes because the statistics they used were from fight club and tbh i don't think thats a very good way to determine weapon pick rate/balance changes. You're taking what 5% of a map and using that to balance weapons. You should be taking the main districts of the games and balancing them though that.

Nope, the point of this thread is to know the opinion of the community so we can make a formal petition with the most people supporting it.
Nothing to fear, trust me

31 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Instead of nerfing the NTEC I'd rather see competing ARs get slightly buffed. A gun like the STAR is also very capable, just slightly less than the NTEC. If the STAR can be buffed just slightly enough to be on-par with the NTEC you have 2 versatile ARs to cover most of the situations about equally.

The Misery is a terrible gun and the Cobra could really use a significant buff.

The Cobra deserves to be buffed within the niche it's in (or supposed to be in).

And the Misery could for a start get a niche where it could compete with other guns in.

The ATAC is fine the way it is.

BINGO! 😉

Ntec isn't really OP just very versatile which in APB is pretty neat. If theres one thing annoying is it's great in CQC and if there was one thing I would do to reduce that effectiveness is to make it less sprammable.

Remove 6 bullets from the mag size, thats one full kill...from 32 to 26.

Thats it really...

Changing the whole gun and making it useless would be pretty crazy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Nope, the point of this thread is to know the opinion of the community so we can make a formal petition with the most people supporting it.
Nothing to fear, trust me

BINGO! 😉

Well tbh your choices should be a bit more detailed imo.

Just now, RespectThis said:

Well tbh your choices should be a bit more detailed imo.

Not needed. Im having the info i need for the proposal.

13 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Not needed. Im having the info i need for the proposal.

You realize that having other AR's buffed isn't really relevant to the ntec right? Its just weapon balancing in general. The ntec itself being changed revolved around other guns pick rate (based on statistics that weren't really related to the actual core of the game imo).

Edited by RespectThis

23 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

You realize that having other AR's buffed isn't really relevant to the ntec right? Its just weapon balancing in general. The ntec itself being changed revolved around other guns pick rate (based on statistics that weren't really related to the actual core of the game imo).

It is.. and you gave the reason yourself. Be calm.

1 hour ago, Kempington said:

Furthermore, the n-tec has plenty of slight weaknesses that can be exploited to get you the upper hand.

I'll list examples if people want them

tell us good sir!

that could help me to make my proposal

20 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

I'm quite calm thank you. The reason i gave was because the ntec has always been in a good position. These other guns that are released have been in very poor spots apart from the atac. The Cobra/Adder and Misery are two prime examples of that. Same with the sniper catagory. The oblivion, anubis, and the dmr (not that it was a released weapon) are all in the same place as the cobra/adder and misery. Give them something that makes them stick out more and makes them something people want to play. You also have to keep in mind when you talk about changing the ntec that is is ONE of TWO free to play assault rifles.

Edited by RespectThis

41 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

tell us good sir!

that could help me to make my proposal

OSCAR has a great matchup against it at almost any range within its effective range due to being more mobile. You'd be surprised how effective it is at fending off 30m ntecs.

Obeya CR762 has a solid matchup against it as well, just not closer then I'd say 25m

ISSR-B can take an n-tec on pretty favourably due to less time peeking to get more damage down range. It'll suffer like the obeya does closer than 25m, but again, the midrange fight is where people want alternatives.

Practically any good CQC weapon gives the n-tec a hard time.

Again like others have said, the defining role for the n-tec is its versatility. It can fight ANYTHING up to roughly 65m away and gives you something for most fights. It can be pushed to do really well in the right hands, but those same hands with the weapons described above will have favourable matchups against it. Play accordingly.

Edited by Kempington
  • Thanks 2