Hey there,

While we absolutely grinded so many hours on the game in these days of covid19, and thank to Matt Scott who also provided us with free premium.

Do you think APB:R would be better if premium was free and replaced the old system as an original part of the game, making it more attractive to new comers(more standing, more $/mission)?

Answer yes or no and why?

Sorry for my English. 

• Like 2

Just now, JsGangster said:

Hey there,

While we absolutely grinded so many hours on the game in these days of covid19, and thank to Matt Scott who also provided us with free premium.

Do you think APB:R would be better if premium was free and replaced the old system as an original part of the game, making it more attractive to new comers(more standing, more $/mission)?

Sorry for my English. 

No.

Cuz $

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JsGangster said:

Hey there,

Sorry for my English. 

I’d not like premium to get removed, even if i don’t buy it, so LO can get some financial support by it, yet i’d like to get f2p updated or premium nerfed a bit (removing customizing limits for f2p, etc.).

Edited by RealSlimShady

7 minutes ago, JsGangster said:

Hey there,

Sorry for my English. 

at one point orbit was going to add another "voluntary subscription" system with riot, so i have to assume premium is relatively lucrative

its probably not going anywhere 

24 minutes ago, JsGangster said:

Hey there,

Sorry for my English. 

ahahhaah

This is I dont like of human kind in general... give a little kindness especially periodically, and in change soon after they will think it everything is due, without thinking maybe how you much it may cost you.

The only think attractive is you arent spending an penny, boi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

ahahhaah

This is I dont like of human kind in general... give a little kindness especially periodically, and in change soon after they will think it everything is due, without thinking maybe how you much it may cost you.

The only think attractive is you arent spending an penny, boi.

You are clearly misunderstanding the post, i didnt suggest anything. Just asking opinions, i myself have been in this game for years, always had a paid premium. I'd love to support the game. If you cant understand what someone says just dont even bother replying non sense comments.

• Like 1

Even with premium running population drop from 1200-1300 to 800-850 once again(last week)Only premium cant keep/bring more players..

Let's go back to the RTW system of paying for hours. :)))))))))))))))))))))

i mean...

much of the money they make on current APB, is from micro-transactions, rather than the premium system

If anything i think they should update premium benefits instead. To reflect the community better and what we value more: like it keeping its discount thing going on while also offering joker boxes & tickets or something a month. 

Would be a pretty good opportunity to also remove stuff like faster mod cooldowns, that is just a pretty bygone concept now days.

Plus, for these special occasions/events they can just run a server wide xp/apb$ boost

Edited by Bellenettiel

2 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

Specially the cooldown portion.

cooldown has already been standardized

1 minute ago, 404 said:

cooldown has already been standardized

dam

i missed that, gonna edit that part, but point still remains

10 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

much of the money they make on current APB, is from micro-transactions, rather than the premium system

I've always wondered what the breakdown is.
Though I think you are right.

12 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

i mean...

If anything i think they should update premium benefits instead. To reflect the community better and what we value more: like it keeping its discount thing going on while also offering joker boxes & tickets or something a month. 

Would be a pretty good opportunity to also remove stuff like faster mod cooldowns, that is just a pretty bygone concept now days.

Plus, for these special occasions/events they can just run a server wide xp/apb$ boost

Let's say, every single $ they get from players is through Armas.

Premium benefits need to be adjusted, i didn't never liked how normal players can't have the possibility to customize their things freely.

maybe double the amount like premium, and premium even more than that, or just remove that limit like cooldowns.

We alredy have Gold JMB's as Loyalty Reward, but that's only if you buy something, so not free.

We alredy have JT's inside each JMB, but still this isn't free.

We need new ways to be motivated, to support that thing.

Let's be honest, how much money could ever take LO through Armas especially in the last months?

Not many players buy anymore or much.

xp/apb$ boosts were alredy mentioned by Matt himself, saying that would be cool as idea, but not in the actual period, he meant for the future, you know sort of GTA Online when Rockstar puts up double xp, money etc, even triple sometimes.

Tho would be cool to receive free money once sometime like the company named above do these kind of limited time giveaways.

But yeah.. they do that cuz GTA Online is so popular and sort of populated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Premium benefits need to be adjusted, i didn't never liked how normal players can't have the possibility to customize their things freely

I mean, that's literally their business model... "Play all you want for free, but if you wanna look cool, pay real $".

IMO thats way better than "skip the grind through the purchase of better weapons and vehicles with real $".

So Imma say no, premium should not be extended. If you wanna hook players on customization, that's what free premium codes are for. First taste is free, next taste is gonna cost you.

As far as money coming in to LO, I'd honestly be shocked if APB has generated any profit at all since like 2016-2017.*

*This is only a guess, Ive no actual idea what the reality is.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:23 PM, TheMessiah said:

Even with premium running population drop from 1200-1300 to 800-850 once again(last week)Only premium cant keep/bring more players..

Just wait for a second wave of covid 

Merged.

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, that's literally their business model... "Play all you want for free, but if you wanna look cool and have unique weapons, pay real $".

Fixed for you. 

With the current business model apb feels like an Asian local game that you can randomly find on the internet. Not gonna lie, weapons except their skins or reskins should not be locked behind pay or grind wall in 2020. I’m not saying that apb is p2w. No, it’s not. But modern popular f2p games contain only cosmetic things in their donation store

16 minutes ago, Lign said:

Fixed for you. 

With the current business model apb feels like an Asian local game that you can randomly find on the internet. Not gonna lie, weapons except their skins or reskins should not be locked behind pay or grind wall in 2020. I’m not saying that apb is p2w. No, it’s not. But modern popular f2p games contain only cosmetic things in their donation store

Armas will become only Account stuff while JT Store Character stuff.

This will take some time tho to be completed and to keep going in that way, and im not sure if LO have the same plan they had during these years.

35 minutes ago, Lign said:

Fixed for you. 

Lol... that's fair and true.

21 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Armas will become only Account stuff while JT Store Character stuff.

This will take some time tho to be completed and to keep going in that way, and im not sure if LO have the same plan they had during these years.

Armas will still have weapon. New players who doesn't know about the game anything will think that the game is p2w because of having an experience of other f2p games with p2w stuff

36 minutes ago, Lign said:

Armas will still have weapon. New players who doesn't know about the game anything will think that the game is p2w because of having an experience of other f2p games with p2w stuff

Yeah, i didn't meant that, i meant Armas will not have Character items anymore, except maybe few items.

JT Store will instead get Character bound items.

The game subscription should have a benefit. I think it's one of those things where it's either kept like this (premium grants customization and better cash and exp) or they just remove it. Why allow a free player to make twice the cash? (it's not like they can do anything significant with it) (the exp gain is significant though). Why allow a player to have full customization? What's the benefit of having premium then?

About the game's monetization...

I mean, their 'reliable' source of income right now are joker boxes. Everyone might want a legendary at some point, but not everyone wants to pay for a joker carbine, they can have it for free! (even though it has no slots. Not that it REALLY needs them either). As long as they keep releasing boxes they'll keep getting some income. 

That's why i think the items on armas are not as reliable. A unique player will 'run out' of items to buy, chances are they'll only buy 2-3 weapons they like / need and a vegas. That's a potential 50? bucks. About premium, they potentially make around 60? bucks a year from premium per player (considering that an unique player buys his 6 month subscription twice a year). In contrast, they should be making a lot more from jmbs.

Edited by _chain
spelling

6 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Let's say, every single $ they get from players is through Armas.

Premium benefits need to be adjusted, i didn't never liked how normal players can't have the possibility to customize their things freely.

maybe double the amount like premium, and premium even more than that, or just remove that limit like cooldowns.

We alredy have Gold JMB's as Loyalty Reward, but that's only if you buy something, so not free.

We alredy have JT's inside each JMB, but still this isn't free.

We need new ways to be motivated, to support that thing.

Let's be honest, how much money could ever take LO through Armas especially in the last months?

Not many players buy anymore or much.

(...)

ye.. tho

Just a couple of key-points, loyalty rewards reward spending. Even though both reward JMBs, they essentially reward two kinds of spenders:

1. the loyalty rewards the frequent supporters/ players who buy a lot of microtransactions
  2. premium, "would be" a casual way of rewarding people who don't spend that much, but still want to support the game in a more passive way

To be entirely blunt, i don't know what really works best for LO, they'd likely have better stats than me on that, but the current system does more harm than good.

For a game that sort of prides itself with amazing customization, it sort of falls sort when you are so heavily capped in it unless you pay a premium. 

Also the whole jmb thing was just a suggestion, for all i know, even a battle pass would make more sense. Or something else entirely, idk

• Like 1

personally i believe any way of making income is good for apb including premium.

as for new rewards to be added to premium i do not know what could be done for that.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Let's go back to the RTW system of paying for hours. :)))))))))))))))))))))

Believe it or not that actually would be better.

It'll prevent freeloaders from joining.

Attract people with zero knowledge of the game.

And provide financial support to LO.

53 minutes ago, IndustrialCat said:

Believe it or not that actually would be better.

It'll prevent freeloaders from joining.

Attract people with zero knowledge of the game.

And provide financial support to LO.

you forgot to mention in a day and age of free to play games , and with how APB lacks content compared to other games , not to mention the major problems with APB including but not limited  to bugs , gun reworking , phasing and matchmaking , car physics of handling and car windows unbreakable ,  that not only wold new people not pay to play here , but  us players here wouldn't either so it would absolutely kill APB

No thank you

Edited by Fortune Runner