Yanshinpro

APB Matchmaking/GSB system

Here i am again starting a new topic as if it’s gonna change something.

APB NEED CHANGES

I saw on a community that the gold and all that stuff gonna disapear (on console we never had those ) i searched a lil bit but couldn’t find anything bout it.

This system GSB(gold silver bronze and copper*) it one of the most important things in apb it sustain the greater pvp it has been now 4 years i havent played on PC but in my times the matchmaking was just bullshoot and i think it still is but throw away the GSB* system is not the best idea

but what if we could improve it?

I thinked about two solutions :

1- K/D/+LVL

i think that in 2020 every matchmaking its made by K/D/+LVL and apb should not be different the GSB system isnt made by K/D but by W/L like every other GSB system we can take rb6 for example it doesnt matter if u a piece of shit your friends can still carry u but when it comes to playing solo my friend nightmare begins.

2-stop with GSB districts

Why? Tell me why someone approved that idea? It is not a really bad one but still sucks because that system is still W/L and evry1 just have to lose evry single mission to become a bronze/silver ninja and go to silver districts where evryone is lol so the conclusion those districts DON’T WORK.

So when it comes to districts why not somewhere where evry1 is welcome?

and the matchmaking is done right and we can have more populated districts with more pvp so less districts more pvp 🙂

Concluding apb have been failing since the begining im impressed how its keep going and always coming back from the deads this whole community it’s like a big family a lot of players from 8 years ago still have hope for this game and so do i but the game need changes that i hope after this engine upgrade devs are going to keep working hard to change this game a lot because you guys can’t take a break, those 700-1000 ppl left in this game are counting on you guys. (PS4 EU servers got less than 100players active)

If you guys got suggestions go on and just help me wt that 

Good suggestions here, although instead of one district (at leats until matchmaking is fixed) how abour restricting district by Ranks and not GSB ? Lately I returned to the game and kept being match with silver R255 fully geared (most of them are gold deranking just to mess in lower tiers because they can't compete on their own ranks) so it end up in a OSMAW/OPGL fiesta when lower rank are just trying to enjoy the game and play at their own pace.

Was my 2 cents

Threat is based off upper 50% and lower 50% score. Not W/L or K/D.

K/D is not an accurate indicator of skill.

Rank is not an indicator of skill.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

29 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Ok, even then, explain how I am supposed to compete at R35 VS a R255 with Clotted III and so on, with fully modded weapons and so on ? They regen faster, aim better (skill + mods), move faster (better cars).

Don't even tell me to grind, I can't grind since I keep loosing for some fuckers playing OSMAW/OPGL in BRONZE district

48 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's what I use to believe too, I think it's like this most of the time. But sometimes it just isn't the case

1 hour ago, Nanometic said:

That's what I use to believe too, I think it's like this most of the time. But sometimes it just isn't the case

This occurs in rare cases where your short term ranking accuracy/other player's rating/etc are all aligned juuuuuuuuust right in this weird spot to do so. It's an extreme outlier that can occur in a lot of ELO systems.

2 hours ago, Nanometic said:

scores are aggregated across several matches

2 hours ago, Mykro said:

Ok, even then, explain how I am supposed to compete at R35 VS a R255 with Clotted III and so on, with fully modded weapons and so on ? They regen faster, aim better (skill + mods), move faster (better cars).

Don't even tell me to grind, I can't grind since I keep loosing for some fuckers playing OSMAW/OPGL in BRONZE district

That is an issue between equipment/mechanical access. Not skill.

Rank is purely an indicator of time played on the account.

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Can i have the source of this please ? And yes rank is not indicator of skill at all there are a lot of 255 bad players that loses against newbies, ppl need to understand that apb is SKILL and maybe there is a few guns like ogre,yukon...etc that are a lil bit too much but with a csg or a star with no mods you can still do it like i do so no point on complaining about that. 

"If, at the end of a match, you're in the top 50% of the high score table, your threat level goes

up. If you're in the bottom 50% your threat goes down. Even if you lose, if you fought harder

than anyone else in the match, your threat will still go up. If you win but got carried there by

the rest of your team your threat’s going down until you start to be more of a team player."

Patch 1.11 -  Settling the Score from 2013

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

"If, at the end of a match, you're in the top 50% of the high score table, your threat level goes

up. If you're in the bottom 50% your threat goes down. Even if you lose, if you fought harder

than anyone else in the match, your threat will still go up. If you win but got carried there by

the rest of your team your threat’s going down until you start to be more of a team player."

Patch 1.11 -  Settling the Score from 2013

Thank you, you said before that K/D it’s not an indicator of skill but it is,not talking of 1match K/D but since the start and you add the W/L it is more.

you gonn tell me that a 0.10 K/D can be better than a 2.35 or a 13.0 ? And if you add the W/L system pluuus the 50%-50% i think it can get a lot better.

Edited by JokerKillers

15 minutes ago, JokerKillers said:

Thank you, you said before that K/D it’s not an indicator of skill but it is,not talking of 1match K/D but since the start and you add the W/L it is more.

you gonn tell me that a 0.10 K/D can be better than a 2.35 or a 13.0 ? And if you add the W/L system pluuus the 50%-50% i think it can get a lot better.

K/D is not an accurate true indicator of skill. It can help to some degree but it alone is not a good indicator. I'm head to bed but the short answer is that there are numerous reasons why. These can include different play styles, objective focus, K/D actually being lower when in accurate matching, player choices, etc.