Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Packet Loss Since Update

15-20 packet loss pretty consistently here, I think it's to do with the new "anti-DDoS" protection they're rolling out because mitigation causes server performance to suck and it costs them a hefty amount (apparently?), I've spent entire carbine mags on people and not gotten kills, even though I should've and it was pretty much center of mass.

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They couldnt handle it after G1 got these to "upgrade" their prior servers why would they fair better yrs later and sev DDOS attacks later?

Uhhhh, actually properly upgrade them? I have no idea what you're on about. If they can't handle 700 people then obviously they are somehow inferior to Citadel. Yes IK it could be DDOS but it could also simply be something else, like the servers are not set up to handle these many people anymore, that is what I am saying

Edited by Archon

9 minutes ago, Archon said:

Uhhhh, actually properly upgrade them? I have no idea what you're on about. If they can't handle 700 people then obviously they are somehow inferior to Citadel. Yes IK it could be DDOS but it could also simply be something else, like the servers are not set up to handle these many people anymore, that is what I am saying

I highly doubt G1 changed anything with the servers from the last time they swapped. That would require money and a staff both of which G1 didnt have. No 2 pieces of hardware are exactly the same and its prob just that citadel got the better server even with the same hardware installed.

This problem has already 3 days?, I see that the problem only starts in the afternoons

I haven't been around for long but unless you worked for G1 I don't think anyone knows the specs of the servers or if they changed them in any way. Not like downgrading a server is something they'd announce to the playerbase

do ddos attacks start when there's 650-700 people online in jericho? 🤔

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They couldnt handle it after G1 got these to "upgrade" their prior servers why would they fair better yrs later and sev DDOS attacks later?

Cause the kid thats butthurt wants to see the game shut down and everyone else suffer cause he lost his stuff

I agree, if it was DDOS they would have been an announcement and there wouldnt be any packet loss just lagg. We have packet loss not so much lagg so its something with the servers that LO needs to fix ASAP.

That's stupid to see how small kiddo with DDOS purchased bot making the game suffer from massive lag spikes, LO need a better secured server for this kind of attacks.

29 minutes ago, PTCntte said:

That's stupid to see how small kiddo with DDOS purchased bot making the game suffer from massive lag spikes, LO need a better secured server for this kind of attacks.

Im sure thats in the works, LO just bought APB so besides the recent update everything is still G1 era. Untill that time and untill the catch and prosecute the DDOS attacker this is sadly guna continue.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im sure thats in the works, LO just bought APB so besides the recent update everything is still G1 era. Untill that time and untill the catch and prosecute the DDOS attacker this is sadly guna continue.

We just need to stay still and stronger for LO and let them power keeping up the good things, that's probably what we can do at the community side. Hope there will be a massive change to the game more few years who knows.

2 hours ago, PTCntte said:

its not like DDoS attacks are even completely stoppable though, even giants like sony and microsoft get taken down by them

Just now, BXNNXD said:

its not like DDoS attacks are even completely stoppable though, even giants like sony and microsoft get taken down by them

By that Lizard squad? Yeah, they made APB go down few times before 5-6 years. hope they'll not come back again for another attack, although I think that's an issue in the security manner which need to be tight, if LO have good and strong security to the servers I can't see how they will suffer at the next attack, but that's all depends on where APB is being hosted, on who they are sitting and how the next DDOS attack will effect them, right now I know Matt Scott is trying to do his best to solve the DDOS problems within the game, we just need patience.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

No but they can certainly be mitigated better then they currently are and this person could be traced. If a certain thing is being targeted over yrs and yrs its a criminal act and needs to be handled by the authorities. Most DDOS attacks r done by hackers and are done once maby twice. In the case of APB its half a dozen times a yr at least, its crossed so many lines.

I lose my packets because I'm clumsy. I'm always dropping my packets everywhere, can't keep em all in one place.

Yeah, packet loss is an issue. It makes playing the game completely impossible with my 1 megabit down internet. I can never tell if I'm lagging or the servers are.

on EU i don't have any packet loss but after the impelementation of BE i've noticed a decrease in the hit reg. my bullets don't seem to register like they did before. or i am just rusty.

Edited by PoshDoll

I've been getting pretty severe packet loss, I've gotten on today, and during peak times, I'll get 1 mission, 3/4 or 5/6 stages in, or the last stage, and I'll get disconnected. Every mission I've played.

I'm guessing it's because of the population increase and DDoS mitigation all putting duress on the server. (Jericho)

So its BE overloading or ddos attacks in the end? Or just the pop getting bigger and overloading too?

or everything at the same time?

Edited by LuzExtinguido

1 hour ago, PoshDoll said:

on EU i don't have any packet loss but after the impelementation of BE i've noticed a decrease in the hit reg. my bullets don't seem to register like they did before. or i am just rusty.

Yea hitreg is an issue as well, but its always been an issue.

1 hour ago, LuzExtinguido said:

So its BE overloading or ddos attacks in the end? Or just the pop getting bigger and overloading too?

Hide contents

or everything at the same time?

Battleye patch broke something, thats basically the jist of it.

so much speculation..

I got told once by a guy that a hamster is running the servers.. at the weekened they kind of forget to feed it when they are all out celebrating at the pub.. this is why we get so much packet loss.. True i tell ye! Guy on a forum told me that just now!

Have same problem. Its not that big as other writed here but still its noticible that im not hitting all of my shots.

does the netstat stuff still work? buddy in ts complained about the same, while for me and another buddy evertyhing was totally fine, so it might be some routing relatd iissues.

4 hours ago, Seedy said:

so much speculation..

I got told once by a guy that a hamster is running the servers.. at the weekened they kind of forget to feed it when they are all out celebrating at the pub.. this is why we get so much packet loss.. True i tell ye! Guy on a forum told me that just now!

Finally! Someone speaking rationally!

#feedthehamsters

On which server are you experiencing this? (+ Where are you connecting from?)

At what times?

Edit: OP states Jericho, but is anyone else experiencing the same elsewhere?

So, last night I was also getting 12-15 packet loss on NA, swapped to EU and no packet loss was experienced.

Obviously there is a problem here.

Also my ping NA is 8-10 ms and EU is 80-90 so I would love to play NA again. Sadly just can't do it with so much packet loss.

yesterday i think the packet loss started at around 2 pm central in jericho, i tried playing again past midnight and it was still just as bad

4 minutes ago, gogol said:

yesterday i think the packet loss started at around 2 pm central in jericho, i tried playing again past midnight and it was still just as bad

9 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

So, last night I was also getting 12-15 packet loss on NA, swapped to EU and no packet loss was experienced.

Obviously there is a problem here.

Also my ping NA is 8-10 ms and EU is 80-90 so I would love to play NA again. Sadly just can't do it with so much packet loss.

I do believe Jericho is on mitigation due to DDoS attacks, and this is why you are experiencing this issue.

It was stated by Matt that an "alternative" for the current mitigation was being investigated, so hopefully we will be seeing that for the Jericho players in the near future.

I believe the team is aware of this issue, but I will escalate it regardless.

Leaving the thread open in case anything else comes up, will close after a while if discussion dies out.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this