Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Packet Loss Since Update

There have been many complaints about this but since battleye was introduced the server is having 1-3 packet loss on a reg basis. This is making the already horrid lagg issue even worse and needs immediate attention. The server shouldnt be experiencing any packet loss and as it stands it is a big disruption to gameplay. I am on Jericho and many ppl r experiencing this.

Edited by Darkzero3802
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish I was only getting 1-3 packet loss. Last night it was as high as 12. 

Literally unplayable. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I wish I was only getting 1-3 packet loss. Last night it was as high as 12. 

Literally unplayable. 

Agreed. I know the current platform PC APB sits on is horrid but they could have done a better job implementing this.

Edit: Ok i just had an 11 loss

Edited by Darkzero3802

10 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There have been many complaints about this but since battleye was introduced the server is having 1-3 packet loss on a reg basis. This is making the already horrid lagg issue even worse and needs immediate attention. The server shouldnt be experiencing any packet loss and as it stands it is a big disruption to gameplay. I am on Jericho and many ppl r experiencing this.

I'm not quite sure its related to BattlEye - the population was at 600 around noon, no packet loss. Also, the packet loss was occurring before BE. I also don't see how it's a consistent DDoS only happening at 5PM+.

I almost wonder if whatever data server they're pushing out of is hitting its peak population.

Also incredibly annoyed by the consistent packet loss. Game has been unplayable for the past 2 weeks.

Edited by UnawarePolarBear

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Agreed. I know the current platform PC APB sits on is horrid but they could have done a better job implementing this.

Edit: Ok i just had an 11 loss

I was so frustrated last night, Im not even playing today, and Im a real APB junkie. 

Pretty much happening 24/7 on Jericho. It's real great when you full auto someone and hit reg decides not to work.

its been happening before the update too, its just ddos mitigation prolly.

I heard that's something related to their DDOS protection, they might be testing things out before fully releasing the protection.

1 minute ago, BlakeEclipse said:

Pretty much happening 24/7 on Jericho. It's real great when you full auto someone and hit reg decides not to work.

Yeah... suddenly APB feels like the worst of The Division. 

Yep and Yep... it's the DDoS mitigation that causes the lag, but it's have a annoying lag or have the servers offline.  😐

Edited by BlakeEclipse

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I was so frustrated last night, Im not even playing today, and Im a real APB junkie. 

Yea I just logged. My connection is one of the best around but hitreg for me is worse then average and now forget about it. Least I got my chars to top for Asylum this week.

3 minutes ago, BlakeEclipse said:

As I said above. Hitreg for me is worse then average in APB and right now id prob threat down from how poorly I can hit anything.

2 minutes ago, Uqe said:

its been happening before the update too, its just ddos mitigation prolly.

Its off, I havent heard an announcement that its been on.

2 minutes ago, PTCntte said:

I heard that's something related to their DDOS protection, they might be testing things out before fully releasing the protection.

They have a test server for stuff like this why would they test on the main server? Thats just stupid.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea I just logged. My connection is one of the best around but hitreg for me is worse then average and now forget about it. Least I got my chars to top for Asylum this week.

As I said above. Hitreg for me is worse then average in APB and right now id prob threat down from how poorly I can hit anything.

Its off, I havent heard an announcement that its been on.

They have a test server for stuff like this why would they test on the main server? Thats just stupid.

it's the old DDoS protection still working. They are working on another thing but we shall see if that works. No news on the new protection though.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Often hard to simulate a DDoS attack on a test server where they don't have 600-700 player.

That was the weird part .. I had stable latency the entire time at 25ms. Just constant and extreme packet loss. 

1 minute ago, BlakeEclipse said:

it's the old DDoS protection still working. They are working on another thing but we shall see if that works. No news on the new protection though.

The old DDOS didnt give packet loss like this, yes it made the server lagg bu there was never any packet loss. Least on my end...

1 minute ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

Often hard to simulate a DDoS attack on a test server where they don't have 600-700 player.

True but I never saw any notification that this was going to happen or DDOs was being turned on. Normally theres some kind of notfication even when G1 ran things.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

That was the weird part .. I had stable latency the entire time at 25ms. Just constant and extreme packet loss. 

Yup.

Often have 11-19 MS, but the packet loss is sky-rocketing to 10-20.

servers were fine after the battleye patch, i didnt notice anything until late friday night into saturday

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

servers were fine after the battleye patch, i didnt notice anything until late friday night into saturday

exactly. this.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Same here, its the server not us as usual

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

I never really looked at it till today but i will say my hitreg has been worse then usual since the patch

Seems like it's really bad at peak hours, kinda feel like it's because the servers can't handle all the people returning. Pls upgrade servers 

Seems like mitigation has been on more often than not as of late.

i dont think is DDoS attack, i think is just an issue with BattlEye (client side).

2 minutes ago, undecimber said:

i dont think is DDoS attack, i think is just an issue with BattlEye (client side).

No Matt told us already it was a DDoS attack so we were on protection. BattleEye has nothing to do with it.

11 minutes ago, Archon said:

Seems like it's really bad at peak hours, kinda feel like it's because the servers can't handle all the people returning. Pls upgrade servers 

They couldnt handle it after G1 got these to "upgrade" their prior servers why would they fair better yrs later and sev DDOS attacks later?

11 minutes ago, indi said:

Seems like mitigation has been on more often than not as of late.

Cause the kid thats butthurt wants to see the game shut down and everyone else suffer cause he lost his stuff

2 minutes ago, undecimber said:

I agree, if it was DDOS they would have been an announcement and there wouldnt be any packet loss just lagg. We have packet loss not so much lagg so its something with the servers that LO needs to fix ASAP.

Sign in to follow this