Sign in to follow this  
SmilyFace

What are your toughts on the Easy Anti-Cheat?

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Fair-Fight. Why? Because its the only one that we as players could see was working due to the Hud broadcast.

Back then my only complaint was that it did not seem to catch as many Jericho's as other servers. 

I am aware of the false positive factor, however just the broadcasting of the ban. Kept those players who were legit but considering purchasing cheats from taking the chance of a ban. And it kept whiners like me from whining about it. 

See I consider any lasting lag spikes to be the work of hacks. Oddly I did not see any lag during the gun games, which would not be hacker lag, it would be the Event/Game generated lag. 

But yesterday, ffs i couldn't even walk. I went up to asylum it was laggy there too but only during close shoots, I'm talking about in district. They drop some code on you n lag you out till you disconnect. NOw I'm not sure how this works, but you all know wtf im talking about. Seems U hackers are a bit Slow on the Uptake. Ya know if ya didn't DC me, you might be able to EZ kill me, seems you would want a scrub in the house so ya din't get your patootie kicked

So in conclusion I say, when they find an Anti-Cheat that catches these lag hackers, Then You have an Anticheat. 

Thanks for your comment.

I also wish to see bans broadcasted in-game again, not tagging names, but posting every 24h the total number of peoples banned, or sort of infos useful to let us know it's really working and monitoring.

Always better than just "it works don't worry" by LO.

Laggy Gun Games? What i heard? Haha.

Good point, i wish they find and kick the asses of those tards who kill the fun of the game, literally.

3 hours ago, MrChan said:

You should measure an anti-cheat's success by how many people you see cheating, not by how many people it was telling you were banned by it. FairFight did root out a good few people, and I note that some of them are back due to LO's general amnesty but mysteriously aren't as good as they used to be. But do you wanna tell me that more people cheat now than under FairFight? I don't think so.

Not to mention the period between PunkBuster being turned off for false positives and LO coming in and implementing BattlEye badly showed up FF's lack of client-side detection when blatants running free cheats could run around for days before FF's metrics would cop-on and drop the ban. Now of course, we know from Matt that FF's metrics weren't really tuned for APB at all by G1. Maybe it could work if it was tuned correctly, but things are, imo better now than when we had FF.

Suppose LO decided to publish weekly or monthly ban lists and there were more names on it than we had during an average month or week of FF. Would that change your perception? As I said above, it should be judged by how many people you see cheating, not how many people the system tells you it banned.

Thanks for your comment.

It works much better as you said, it wasn't just configured correctly and paid by G1. FF is a very good anti-cheat software, proved by R6S, BF and few other games.

No, i don't want name and shame, i just want to see the total amount of players  been banned every 24 hours being posted insdie the game as broadcast system, in the chat, and if you miss that you will receive that message the max 24h hours after if you log in.

3 hours ago, IMLEGIT BYPASS HWID said:

believe it or not lo/eac has been making it harder and harder to cheat in apb, public cheats that were released in the last month were detected within a few days and stay detected. dumping any sort of module from the game at all is a major PITA currently as you need to mimic eac's process in order to join a server to dump most of the required stuff. there actually isn't a lot of people using full on cheats right now, there's only one russian private i know of that is invite only, and is only slotted for 50ish people.

there's maybe 20 or so people that i know of that have actual privates, and the rest of the people cheating are using color tbot/aimbot via ahk. ahk isnt flagged by eac, so people are making due with that.

we are no longer in the days of anyone can dump whatever they want on the main menu login screen, those days are long gone and it is much harder to develop anything for apb currently, which is why you no longer have any of the big names providing software for the game. anything else you see that is public is a scam or detected. there are absolutely no public cheats available for apb that aren't detected or work, and there have only been 2 which was during BattleEye, and since EAC has been implemented there has only been one public that got detected in a week. 

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, i agree with you.

But you need to know also that APB 2.1 will be 64 bit which could offer much more ways to cheat sites to try again, if the game become famous or populated again they might update them.

About private cheats or macros etc.. well..a good anti-cheat should be able to recognize anything that's running in the background or inside the game folder/modifying gameplay.

If not, what anti-cheat is it.

Is like having an Antivirus that doesn't detect nothing outside of few simple things.

Of course that machien will be super vulterable.

3 hours ago, swft said:

EAC is probably one of the best commercial anti-cheats at the moment and, just so you know, Epic Games bought the company a few years back. Besides, APB is running its 32bit version which is not as powerful as the 64bit one, as Matt said, that will be changed once the engine upgrade is released.

Also, to those that say APB has a large scale cheating problem, I wanna mention that Unreal Engine is "easy" to make cheats for (duh, it's the most used game engine on the planet), it's also why Valorant got a bunch of cheaters right on the first day of CB, even though they use Vanguard which is an in-house ring0 anti-cheat.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, i know about that, and sadly it's like that.

Hope to see significant changes and improvements.

2 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Fairfight has the most potential since it monitors stats server sided, but it's also the most time consuming to setup since you need to fine tune all the variables.

Punkbuster would kick me randomly for disallowed program/driver. 99% of the time it needed to be manually updated to fix it.

Riot Vanguard runs in the background monitoring your activity. It causes massive stuttering in non Riot games.

Can't comment on the other ones without data on the cheaters caught or blocked.

Thanks for your comment.

Good points 🙂

1 hour ago, Rebelliousness said:

Says the admitted botter... mmmkay

What anticheat? Fairfight is the best, it's just that Gamersfirst was too bankrupt to pay for updates and substituted GM decisions based on suspicion, grudges, or sheer rage at the playerbase to flippin ban everybody... under the auspices of a FF ban.

Also, what nearly KILLED this game was perma-bans.  A strictly enforced temp kick, with escalating time outs starting from 15 minutes to 15 days would be more than sufficient to prove the point... moreover, it could be implemented without a hand-wringing overly long time determining if a ban is completely justified and would stand up to an Appeals Court decision... and kick the miscreant close to immediately.... making the playerbase JOYOUS... and allowing him a quick re-entry and time to scrutinize his software for false flagging conflicts... if he continues to get kicked from game and his time escalates, he has a right of appeal to support... and those with cheat shenanigans can just go play something else on their short duration downtime, as it eliminates destroying their character and creating reroll rage hackers intent on destroying the game for everyone else... as their toon will be back in game shortly... but briefly if flagged as cheating.

Thanks for your comment.

Agree for most of the things.

Good job, i really feel happy to see many impressions ^^

47 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Just slap on something like fairfight that uses stats and that should cover a good chunk of the cheaters who are actually able to bypass eac. Also make the game crash or send screenshots/logs whenever a debugger is attached to the game program. Only allowing apb to be run on the latest version of windows 10 would stop a lot of cheat bypass's from working(call of duty warzone/modern warfare 2019 does something similar were it won't let you play the game without having the latest gpu drivers). There are a lot of things that could be done to mitigate cheating even further but its a convenience vs effort thing for both LO and the cheaters. 

Thanks for your comment.

There are many methods to kick in the patootie the cheaters, make them tired, sick, and stop hacking, but they need to do that, before the game collapse, fall down, because not only for that, but also because of glitchers, exploiters, grifers, agressive players with very bad behavior and language.

Edited by AlishaAzure

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

Just slap on something like fairfight that uses stats and that should cover a good chunk of the cheaters who are actually able to bypass eac. Also make the game crash or send screenshots/logs whenever a debugger is attached to the game program. Only allowing apb to be run on the latest version of windows 10 would stop a lot of cheat bypass's from working(call of duty warzone/modern warfare 2019 does something similar were it won't let you play the game without having the latest gpu drivers). There are a lot of things that could be done to mitigate cheating even further but its a convenience vs effort thing for both LO and the cheaters. 

You say all that like EAC isn't already doing a good job.

APB has fewer cheaters than ever and those that do exist are the same small number of players constantly being banned and rerolling.

If you want to avoid cheaters completely, come play Jericho where cheaters are like unicorns.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fairfight was nice anti cheat in the first week where it comes out it was best time to play in apb for alltime. It was so easy and funny to play. 

Fairfight or punkbuster its nice i think.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MrChan said:

it should be judged by how many people you see cheating, not how many people the system tells you it banned.

I have to agree. Being an Ex-Security. A Firm that has little to no Loss, is a Firm with Good Security.

Part of the problem with Me judging the anticheat is that i have never cheated nor do i know the first thing about it. I will say that since LO took over, I have personally directly witnessed far less blatants than before LO, ya know back when dirtbags were walkin on ceilings. And being ignorant, I've only learned what I hear or see from people here.

Now I know with the covis shutdowns the internet is taking a punch, causing lag and crashes with some games and movie services. So Apples and Oranges, the anti cheat is for aim cheats n such. The other factor would be dds, or a dds related action that lags the player or the whole server instance. But not in a mass attack, that lags the player until a disconnect. So I realize that the anti cheat has nothing to do with dds or any efforts to 'mitigate' dds. Most the time U see me Hollering Hack, its because of lag.

I would also say, with my ignorance in mind, that the way EZ and BattleEye were explained by LO. That they were just going to 'collect information' and at some point the program would 'achieve consciousness' and start banning. This was not very reassuring after being used to FF. 

I will close with one last thing, I'm not ignorant to the fact that we are getting a lot of newbie rerolls with non-names, or what I call RAndoms. This could be a result of the anti cheat banning their last toon. 

24 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I have to agree. Being an Ex-Security. A Firm that has little to no Loss, is a Firm with Good Security.

Part of the problem with Me judging the anticheat is that i have never cheated nor do i know the first thing about it. I will say that since LO took over, I have personally directly witnessed far less blatants than before LO, ya know back when dirtbags were walkin on ceilings. And being ignorant, I've only learned what I hear or see from people here.

Now I know with the covis shutdowns the internet is taking a punch, causing lag and crashes with some games and movie services. So Apples and Oranges, the anti cheat is for aim cheats n such. The other factor would be dds, or a dds related action that lags the player or the whole server instance. But not in a mass attack, that lags the player until a disconnect. So I realize that the anti cheat has nothing to do with dds or any efforts to 'mitigate' dds. Most the time U see me Hollering Hack, its because of lag.

I would also say, with my ignorance in mind, that the way EZ and BattleEye were explained by LO. That they were just going to 'collect information' and at some point the program would 'achieve consciousness' and start banning. This was not very reassuring after being used to FF. 

I will close with one last thing, I'm not ignorant to the fact that we are getting a lot of newbie rerolls with non-names, or what I call RAndoms. This could be a result of the anti cheat banning their last toon. 

freak activity (?)

Edited by cheater

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

APB has fewer cheaters than ever and those that do exist are the same small number of players constantly being banned and rerolling.

If you want to avoid cheaters completely, come play Jericho where cheaters are like unicorns.

How much does LO pay you for damage control?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MonkaS said:

How much does LO pay you for damage control?

Not enough. ($0.00)

Anyways, the best advice I can give for anyone wanting to enjoy apb is this...

Try to focus on yourself and your gameplay.  Focus less on others.

Because as soon as you start thinking everyone cheats, you lose the ability to enjoy  yourself.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Thanks for your comment.

EAC is definetely doing a good job but is still not enough.

Yes, few cheaters will ever exist, but extremely bad hacks i don't think so.

Tagging one of them *Speed*

5 hours ago, Eviltara said:

Fairfight was nice anti cheat in the first week where it comes out it was best time to play in apb for alltime. It was so easy and funny to play. 

Fairfight or punkbuster its nice i think.

Thanks for your comment.

Indeed.

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Thanks for your comment.

Since LO took over indeed, blatant cheaters are out, not every single one, but many are gone.

Still, who is banned can always make a new account and cheat, over over and over many times.

With this epidemic situation and lockdowns all over the planet dang the security and the cheaters, a bit more.

DDOS is bad, is just trash really, who make this should *** ***** a train, like, totally.

Edited by AlishaAzure

18 hours ago, Eviltara said:

fairfight was like the fucking thanos snap... if you really think this many people were cheating, you're objectively wrong.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 4:16 AM, AlishaAzure said:

1) Why most of the companies care more in upgrading/changing the Anti-Cheat method but don't actually make it better by adjusting and monitoring over the periods?

No idea, probably because there are so many solutions out there, and it's best to see which has objectively better results.

2) What's the Best Anti-Cheat so far for you? Choose from this list and explain why or name and then explain if it isn't included

[Not in order]

- PunkBuster

- FairFight

- BattlEye

- Easy Anti-Cheat

- Denuvo Anti-Cheat

- Riot Vanguard (Riot Games)

- Kaspersky Anti-Cheat

- Valve Anti-Cheat (Steam)

- nProtect GameGuard

Denuvo and Vanguard are kernel-based, so I prefer them. currently there's an overwhelming amount of hate and paranoia over these solutions, yet they are the most efficient and practical. These need to be used more so they could hopefully become standardized across all modern shooters.

BE and EAC are okay, really don't like their policies and how they deal with false-flags in games that have their AC poorly implemented, since some devs leave it up to you to solve any sort of ban issue, as some claim that they cannot do anything on their end.

VAC would probably be a decent anti-cheat if the whole vacnet project doesn't go to shit, or prove to be useless.

3) Do you wish to see Any changes about EAC? If yes, which one/s?

4) What you think about the future of APB: Reloaded? (Always related to that argoment)

5) What is gonna happen after the release of APB 2.1? Is Little Orbit exploring new ways behind the scenes/improving EAC?

3. Nothing about EAC in particular, but I would like to see kernel-based solutions standardized and maybe one day implemented into APB, doubt that would happen though.

4. Has some of the best gameplay loops and monetization methods in the industry, community can seemingly be sustained for years and years on end with just normal scheduled maintenance and minimal content patches... but luckily, we have actual shit being added to the game for once.

5. Hope not, plenty of other issues to tend to, lack of headshots in this game makes cheating way easier to deal with, and I can hardly tell if someone is cheating or not. wish ahk/autoit scripts were taken care of, probably wouldn't be as popular as they are if APB had a kernel-based AC 🙂

Edited by claude
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

fairfight was like the fucking thanos snap... if you really think this many people were cheating, you're objectively wrong.

Thanks for your comment.

1 hour ago, claude said:

1. No idea, probably because there are so many solutions out there, and it's best to see which has objectively better results.

2. Denuvo and Vanguard are kernel-based, so I prefer them. currently there's an overwhelming amount of hate and paranoia over these solutions, yet they are the most efficient and practical. These need to be used more so they could hopefully become standardized across all modern shooters.

BE and EAC are okay, really don't like their policies and how they deal with false-flags in games that have their AC poorly implemented, since some devs leave it up to you to solve any sort of ban issue, as some claim that they cannot do anything on their end.

VAC would probably be a decent anti-cheat if the whole vacnet project doesn't go to shit, or prove to be useless.

3. Nothing about EAC in particular, but I would like to see kernel-based solutions standardized and maybe one day implemented into APB, doubt that would happen though.

4. Has some of the best gameplay loops and monetization methods in the industry, community can seemingly be sustained for years and years on end with just normal scheduled maintenance and minimal content patches... but luckily, we have actual shit being added to the game for once.

5. Hope not, plenty of other issues to tend to, lack of headshots in this game makes cheating way easier to deal with, and I can hardly tell if someone is cheating or not. wish ahk/autoit scripts were taken care of, probably wouldn't be as popular as they are if APB had a kernel-based AC 🙂

Thanks for your comment.

Agreed with every single point, good thoughts!

Im really imrpessed to see how this community sometimes can throw out some good things.

• Thanks 1

Fact:  You can bypass any Anti-Cheat without getting banned.

So, we don't need a new Anti-Cheat. EAC is currently "good" enough.

4 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

Tell us how you did it.
Oh whats that, you didn't actually confirm this?

... shocking

• Like 1

developers will not discuss with users what anti-cheat is better to put .

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 1:22 AM, CookiePuss said:

Tell us how you did it.
Oh whats that, you didn't actually confirm this?

... shocking

ohh wait, are you gona shame on me that i do cheat?:classic_blink::classic_huh: ... and why the hell would i tell you how to do it?🧂🤔

If Littel Orbit are interest how to fix the game against cheaters, just pm me. It isn't hard to fix that.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:16 AM, ShawLOL said:

So, we don't need a new Anti-Cheat. EAC is currently "good" enough.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, this topic is based only on users/players thoughts, impressions on this and others.

If you have any suggestions to do, then be sure to write them down. 🙂

On 5/21/2020 at 4:34 AM, yood said:

developers will not discuss with users what anti-cheat is better to put .

Thanks for your comment.

Of course they will not, but there are things they should tell us, or make us to know about.

2 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

ohh wait, are you gona shame on me that i do cheat?:classic_blink::classic_huh: ... and why the hell would i tell you how to do it?🧂🤔

If Littel Orbit are interest how to fix the game against cheaters, just pm me. It isn't hard to fix that.

If you like the game you should just help them by yourself.

if you don't, well, you don't belong in here.

31 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

I wasn't saying you cheat.

Im saying you are talking about a thing you heard, not a think you know to be true.

Sign in to follow this