Hey everyone,

On May 30th at 11am Pacific, Matt Scott will be doing an AMA for APB and our upcoming public stress test. You can read all about it here:

Hope to see you all there!

EDIT: Community member Kevkof has put together a transcript for your convenience. You can find that transcript here.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

More space to Social Media, leaving out Forums.

MattScott on April 17, 2020

"No more Soon™, now is gonna be Weeks™ hahaha!"

MattScott on May 19, 2020 (1+ month later)

"We are not quite ready to open things to the public just yet, but I think we are getting really close!"

So we can tell officially the Weeks™ is the new Q1 2014 Soon™ meme.

--

A part from jokes, i hope to hear some nice and wonderful answers by him.

Good luck LO.

Another moment where you need to show the balls to the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what we testing?Only asylum no doubt..financial and waterfront will be ready 2026.Btw i remember 2 years ago in the 1st Q&A with Kempington how he said : "One of the best things is that everything is 90% done" Yea..2 years later only asylum is done which was develop by G1/RP.Guess how close are the big maps to release..

16 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

So what we testing?Only asylum no doubt..financial and waterfront will be ready 2026.Btw i remember 2 years ago in the 1st Q&A with Kempington how he said : "One of the best things is that everything is 90% done" Yea..2 years later only asylum is done which was develop by G1/RP.Guess how close are the big maps to release..

Asylum and Social like the closed beta stress test.

Action Districts were "ready" even before LO took over.

The thing is i don't know if they continuing the work made by G1/RP or they started from scratch, which is something i doubt because Matt said was 90% done by them, which means they didn't scrapped that engine upgrade build and keep making progress with that one.

The only reason to do this i think would be because LO is trying to make More changes to the ones G1/RP alredy made?

You can clearly look at the action districts in the leaked otw2 build and they have some nice changes.

Seeing Asylum and Social on the beta livestream showed to me many things (objects) and many more, is exactly the same in both builds.

I honestly would like to see comparisions between APB 1.20 (Live), APB 2.0x (G1 OTW2 build), and APB 2.1x (LO OTW2 build).

Because as numbers talking, APB 2.1x seems like more a fixing and adjusting over 2.0 than a overhaul of the system they talking about.

22 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

"One of the best things is that everything is 90% done"

this wasn't said in any of the q&a's as far as i can find

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

90% Being all the work since 2013-2014

That's 6 years of work. 

3 hours ago, 404 said:

this wasn't said in any of the q&a's as far as i can find

Ok is here watch from this minute till 21:23.Yea i remember wrong the thing is dat Kemp kinda hype after he stop talkin thats why i remember dat way

Anyway even if is only asylum test is step in good direction.Sry for the mean comment above i want this game to be great like most people just from time to time i get out of my head.Peace see ya in game

Edited by TheMessiah

Game specific forums are long gone, love how LO is now involving reddit. Good choice.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Game specific forums are long gone, love how LO is now involving reddit. Good choice.

So why GM's keep saying to who got suggestions to post them on forums, same thing as Customer Support do.

I think this situation is a bit out of control.

17 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

So why GM's keep saying to who got suggestions to post them on forums, same thing as Customer Support do.

Because that's basically LOs first serious try to do something on reddit. Nobody knows if they'll do a transition. Think APB will stick to its forum till it dies to be honest.

Just now, GhosT said:

Because that's basically LOs first serious try to do something on reddit. Nobody knows if they'll do a transition. Think APB will stick to its forum till it dies to be honest.

You know that right?

I mean.. it just don't work like that for everything, doesn't mean if 90% of the companies go via Social Media also Lo needs to do that.

I would say if they wanted to do a transition they needed to slowly announce, it, say something, start to write more stuff there, hinting from here.

BUT, if i see they post same stuff everywhere, that to me don't sound like a transition, more like a global announcement thing.

I just wonder how my computer will handle the new engine and looks... i'm still running an i7 960 from back 2010 (LGA 1366), along with a GTX 970 OC and 16gb.

Since multithreaded CPUs are going to get benefits from the new EU, im eager to see the results. Specially for old grandpa's like mine.

Edited by Poperon

1 hour ago, Poperon said:

i'm still running an i7 960 from back 2010 (LGA 1366), along with a GTX 970 OC and 16gb.

Thats more than enough for apb 2.1.This engine was supose to be 7 years ago and unreal 3.5 was old even in dat time.I plan on playn with nvidia geforce GT 1030 with i5 and 8GB ram : P

Btw which map we gonna test on 30?asylum right?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Thats more than enough for apb 2.1.This engine was supose to be 7 years ago and unreal 3.5 was old even in dat time.I plan on playn with nvidia geforce GT 1030 with i5 and 8GB ram : P

Btw which map we gonna test on 30?asylum right?

Euhm, might wanna read the actual post. The test is coming up, but no date is specifically set yet.

I will be joining /r/APB on Reddit for an AMA on May 30th at 11am Pacific to answer any questions you might have. The open beta stress test (and when that might be) is certainly a big topic, but we won't be limiting ourselves to a specific subject. Feel free to ask away!

• Like 1

So the Public stress test will be on May 30th as well?

Or only the AMA?

3 hours ago, Nickolai said:

So the Public stress test will be on May 30th as well?

Or only the AMA?

AMA about the beta, he said in the post. "We are not quite ready to open things to the public just yet, but I think we are getting really close!"

Maybe by the 30th if all goes well we will have a date, who knows

Edited by Acornie

At last.

Hopefully in June we will finally see EU.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, TheMessiah said:

The action districts work just fine to my knowledge, those are just not being stress tested at the moment. Asylum makes sense because there's a bunch of players close together being as laggy as possible. I recorded a video showcasing action districts last year. Since then performance, render distance, lighting and a ton of other things have improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swskVY7XhFM

23 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Because they are clearly trying to catch a wider audience. Reddit is free publicly by upvotes and crossposting.

Everybody has played APB at some point in time. The sheer amount of people who signed up for this game is so ridiculous you wouldn't believe it. Any amount of exposure is bound to bring people back for this event that has been talked about since 2012.

The developers clearly read the forums, so of course you should be positing constructive feedback and ideas on here. But it makes sense to use other forms of media to do the same. YouTube videos are a good way of explaining things too. What exactly is out of control about this? This is 101 shit.

Edited by rooq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rooq said:

This is 101 shit.

Oh boi, i can see SPCT quality right there.

I feel sad for Matt.

Not gonna comment on the other things said.

You don't deserve my free time.

11 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Oh boi, i can see SPCT quality right there.

I feel sad for Matt.

Not gonna comment on the other things said.

You don't deserve my free time.

i don't really think anything he said is wrong, are we suddenly concerned that spct members are swearing now?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 404 said:

i don't really think anything he said is wrong, are we suddenly concerned that spct members are swearing now?

bruh i got in trouble for saying "lol" at the end of a sentence one time.

9 hours ago, 404 said:

Fuck, I hope not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

bruh i got in trouble for saying "lol" at the end of a sentence one time.

I don't take too kindly to you loling at my forum posts mister, my ego is too fragile for that and you shall be punished to the highest extent 😤

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Fuck, I hope not.

Is gonna be rimane together SPCM, i don't really care about who is inside rn.

No offense for you my friend. 

🐝